Super upset that Leggy Starter Kit is locked behind expansion purchase

1 hour ago, pixelg.1962 said:

not really in this case. you are locking out people on previously existing old content because the new expansion adds a feature that allow a minimal part of that content to be played differently. namely spears can be used on land.

do you really need to start a conversation like this? fine I'll bite.

been playing since closed beta.

I have 2 accounts that are fully bought with expansions this is a third that doesn't have all the expansions yet

been supporting anet buying from the gem store multiple times

supporting the company with money is not the issue

now that we have clarified that, can you please tell me why is my point invalid?

also please, without offending people or calling on self entitlement. we can all do that easily.

If you are going to start a thread with unnecessary, and inaccurate comparison to EA, a notoriously anti-consumer (or worse, but I am being nice here) company then you are the one setting the tone for a discussion where hyperbole and insult rather than rational discussion are involved. 

That said, the legendary starter kit is a bonus item for purchasers of the most recent expansion. It was created for that purpose and has existed solely for that purpose since it's inception. The legendaries are still available without  JW purchase. Can you justify why you think you should have access to expansion exclusiven content without paying for the expansion, and why such a demand isn't an example of entitlement?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Why do you even mention clovers if you have to have/make them anyway?

Because Clovers (that are also the bulk of the price of the Leggy) cannot be bought (like the Gift of Mastery). They have a value (606gp in the image) but you actually shouldn't spend that money to gamble, because it can be a LOT higher than the estimates. In reality, you craft your Leggy when you are done/almost done with the Clovers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

Because Clovers (that are also the bulk of the price of the Leggy) cannot be bought (like the Gift of Mastery). They have a value (606gp in the image) but you actually shouldn't spend that money to gamble, because it can be a LOT higher than the estimates. In reality, you craft your Leggy when you are done/almost done with the Clovers.

Are you even using your brain? Clovers are not included in the box which means you have to get them no matter if you "use" the box or not. That means it does not affect the value of the box at all.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Can you justify why you think you should have access to expansion exclusiven content

You keep calling it exclusive content when it is not. I can use spear (underwater) I don't want spear on land. Can I have my kit for the GS? I paid for Soto already, and the kit was available for me before already with the other legendaries. It is not entitlement, is it is a paywall, if I could get Twilight or Juggernaut or Moot before with Soto but now the access to them is locked behind "you need to buy the new expansion".

Again it translates into "if you want this advantage over other players, you cough money for the latest expansion"

• Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Are you even using your brain? Clovers are not included in the box which means you have to get them no matter if you "use" the box or not. That means it does not affect the value of the box at all.

Then why are you including that amount in the gold needed for the legendary?
for Twilight you need:
Dusk - included in the kit
Gift of Twilight - included in the kit
Gift of Mastery - need to farm it
Gift of Fortune divided in:
- 250 ecto - 109 gold
- 77 clover that you cannot buy so need to have
- Gift of magic 380 gold and gift of might 190 gold

Depending on the luck you need to pay raw gold either 490 (109 + 380) gold or 300 gold (109 + 190). roughly rounded

Where is at fault my brain here?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

If people cannot afford 25 bucks per year for their hobby or favorite game they have played hundreds if not thousand of hours to the recent day I don't know what to say in a serious manner. Man, I'm not supporting Arenanet very well and haven't bought Gems for several years now but once in a year paying the above mentioned amount is the least every player can do. I have pupils in my class (5th or 6th grade and older) working/helping at home or saving their pocket money for their hobby which is often more expensive than 25 dollars/euros.
Sorry but not sorry, if you are an adult and you don't want to support a little bit of developers work then either deal with the consequences which are very soft to be honest or quit the game. It disgusts me that people want everything for free. Yeah, right, you don't have to throw money into the company's mouth but not even wanting to pay this amount once a year is ridiculous.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

You keep calling it exclusive content when it is not. I can use spear (underwater) I don't want spear on land. Can I have my kit for the GS? I paid for Soto already, and the kit was available for me before already with the other legendaries. It is not entitlement, is it is a paywall, if I could get Twilight or Juggernaut or Moot before with Soto but now the access to them is locked behind "you need to buy the new expansion".

Again it translates into "if you want this advantage over other players, you cough money for the latest expansion"

The discount on crafting legendary is exclusive to purchasers of the most recent content expansion. You can still craft Twilight, Juggernaut, or Moot. Paid expacs for all games, or at least every game I have ever heard of, offer advantages that those who don't buy them are without. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

for Twilight you need:
- 250 ecto - 109 gold

Depending on the luck you need to pay raw gold either 490 (109 + 380) gold or 300 gold (109 + 190). roughly rounded

I have made a legendary from every Starter kit and NEVER had to spend more than 200 gold for the Clovers, ectos etc which you will need to have no matter if you use the "kits" or not, your "calculations" are far from reality from the previous 5 legos I have crafted even when I've had none of the materials from farming

Edited by Bowdidly.7401

1 minute ago, Vinceman.4572 said:

If people cannot afford 25 bucks per year for their hobby or favorite game they have played hundreds if not thousand of hours to the recent day I don't know what to say in a serious manner. Man, I'm not supporting Arenanet very well and haven't bought Gems for several years now but once in a year paying the above mentioned amount is the least every player can do. I have pupils in my class (5th or 6th grade and older) working/helping at home or saving their pocket money for their hobby which is often more expensive than 25 dollars/euros.
Sorry but not sorry, if you are an adult and you don't want to support a little bit of developers work then either deal with the consequences which are very soft to be honest or quit the game. It disgusts me that people want everything for free. Yeah, right, you don't have to throw money into the company's mouth but not even wanting to pay this amount once a year is ridiculous.

Why is everything reduced to money "to support" when I am already doing it for 12 years.
Can one be challenging the concept behind some implementation?

What the hell, at least read the fudging posts before posting

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

for Twilight you need:
- 250 ecto - 109 gold

......because making clovers costs money? Mystic coins ain't cheap

3 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

Why is everything reduced to money "to support" when I am already doing it for 12 years.
Can one be challenging the concept behind some implementation?

What the hell, at least read the fudging posts before posting

Then craft the legendary the old fashioned way. Problem solved. All is fine. You can have your legendary.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

for Twilight you need:
- 250 ecto - 109 gold

Because you do NOT get clovers in the box. If they cost arround 600g then it make sense that you have to pay more than 300g for lege  no?

Edit: Either count clovers in both scenarios or dont but you seem to count them only in scenario where you craft the lege the old way.

If you decide to dont include them in the math, which you just did, then you have to subtract them even from the price of old way crafting, which means crafting the Twilight does not cost 1600g but only 1000g.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The discount on crafting legendary is exclusive to purchasers of the most recent content expansion.

Finally a sentence which can be discussed with.

Ok that said, can I argue with the decision that giving this advantage to only the people that buy "the most recent" expansion is not really an only cosmetic advantage?
And cosmetic only has always been ANET stance?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Because you do NOT get clovers in the box. If they cost arround 600g then it make sense that you have to pay more than 300g for lege  no?

No? Rewards tracks give you clovers, exchange other currencies give you clovers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vinceman.4572 said:

Then craft the legendary the old fashioned way. Problem solved. All is fine. You can have your legendary.

Yes, you are correct. Thanks for the out of the box thinking and your participation.

5/7 would read again.

Edited by pixelg.1962
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

No? Rewards tracks give you clovers, exchange other currencies give you clovers.

How does it have anything to do with the legendary box you are complaining about? You are just trying to catch anything you can in your argument because you figured you failed, I understand that, but atleast try better.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

How does it have anything to do with the legendary box you are complaining about? You are just trying to catch anything you can in your argument because you figured you failed, I understand that, but atleast try better.

Hey you said "even with the kit you need to spend 859 gold"
I said it is much lower than that

You keep bringing the kit up for the difference and I am entertaining the conversation.
My point with the kit is another as mentioned multiple times. The non cosmetic advantage if you buy the latest expansion.
This advantage is time and in game gold. You are now buying expansions for NON cosmetic things, while ANET has always advertised Cosmetic Only.

You also keep saying my brain doesn't work, or that I've failed. Seriously your are a cheap shot at this point

Edited by pixelg.1962
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Bowdidly.7401 said:

So basically your complain you can't have something for free that EVERY other player in the game has had either work and play the game or pay for to acquire, yeah that seem fair and logical and a mistake by ANET 🤣

Really? after all of this, this is your take? I give up. Have fun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

Hey you said "even with the kit you need to spend 859 gold"
I said it is much lower than that

You keep bringing the kit up for the difference and I am entertaining the conversation.

But you are are making false arguments. It is NOT lower than that and I just showed you the proof that you are trying to ignore. 

It is YOU bringing the kit lol, you even made a crying topic about it now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

But you are are making false arguments. It is NOT lower than that and I just showed you the proof that you are trying to ignore. 

It is YOU bringing the kit lol, you even made a crying topic about it now.

And it was lovely for you to participate

• Confused 4

21 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

Ok that said, can I argue with the decision that giving this advantage to only the people that buy "the most recent" expansion is not really an only cosmetic advantage?

Do you consider legendary weapons to be cosmetic or not?

Just now, devzero.4093 said:

Do you consider legendary weapons to be cosmetic or not?

Not really. They have a cosmetic part to them, but the QoL given is unmatchable.
Use on all characters, no more transmutations, no more extractors, etc..
In the beginning yes, they were purely cosmetic, but with the introduction of the Legendary Armory they have acquired value over the "cosmetic only"

• Confused 4

30 minutes ago, pixelg.1962 said:

Where was this outrage when SotO was needed to get legendary starter kits?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1