Why no stories about Playable Races in new expansions?

wolfof.1842

15 hours ago, wolfof.1842 said:

But, they don't have airship production at home.
I think you can find countries in real life too: just because rich people buy yachts, it don't mean country has navy with huge, expensive battleships. 

Kryta also has a Navy, yet we never see it ingame. L:ion's Arch has ships for each Captain, yet we've only seen two (counting the MP map). They also have an extensive ocean fleet, yet we only see it once around Claw Island.

23 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

There are enough watchknights that dozens of them are used in gladiatorial games once a year. Even if we presume the arena has some sort of enchantment that prevents actual damage from being done, that's still at least a substantial reserve that can be deployed in a pinch.

IIRC, after the illusion breaks there is a portal effect under the watchknight? Might be wrong but since Mesmers are heavily involved in the Pavilion I just figure they get ported out, repaired of any damage dealt and then portaled back in. Even then, it holds a very scary implication for warfare if used to full potentional.

Ambush a wandering Centaur group (assuming Centaurs rally behind a new war leader and charge). Kill them all, duplicate their appearances onto watchknights. Watchknights return to the base, wander around, then start attacking. Chaos.

Or simply disguise themselves as humans and use them to make Seraph squads look bigger. Or just include several into each Seraph deployment as we have the range from the giant ones to human-sized ones.

3 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

Thats the thing though: Things evolve. The chicken always only hatches once. And above all, GW2 has people with different origins. It`s up to you to dislike the mellowing of their cultural identity, but it is what it is. We are LONG past pure race-centric storylines.

Well for start maybe think about Ascalon and try to apply your points to it:

• long past race-centric storylines: "Sorry, Ascalon just stay cursed forever!"

could be major GW history of Tyria which the whole setting and story is based on...
But we don't do this anymore, so just sweep it under the rug or something.

I am just saying what all is wasted when they never write about it.

1 minute ago, wolfof.1842 said:

Well for start maybe think about Ascalon and try to apply your points to it:

• long past race-centric storylines: "Sorry, Ascalon just stay cursed forever!"

Not what I said. Stop being hyperbolic. And since you are just arguing to arguings sake, considering I adressed this point already, I'll take my leave from this conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Not what I said. Stop being hyperbolic. And since you are just arguing to arguings sake, considering I adressed this point already, I'll take my leave from this conversation.

Yeah... equating the Ghosts issue to Centaurs is an interesting one, since Centaurs is his big focus for Kryta going forward? 😄

18 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

I genuine did not remember you already talk about it days ago, so I don't want to argue or repeat actually..
this is probably sign for me, whole discussion is going on very long and lose focus, so I agree and also leave now

Like you say, everything we wanted to say we did already

On 9/1/2024 at 6:06 AM, wolfof.1842 said:

It is true they have metal armor, but they have the material (ore) and production (blacksmith) available in their lands.
So most important things: swords, shields, armor they can create alone in war economy.

But, they don't have airship production at home.
I think you can find countries in real life too: just because rich people buy yachts, it don't mean country has navy with huge, expensive battleships. 

Nations can recover.. or fail:
Is Kryta a wealthy, rich nation? most is just farmlands, villages and swamps.
even Divinity's Reach was just hastily built and never had large scale defense weapons: cannons,...

What can Kryta produce, export, sell to other nations in Tyria?
They don't have much, other than what they need for own population, rebuild and defense

Who says Kryta cannot produce its own airships? Did Lord Faren outsource his purchase? Someone has to be mass producing these and quite frankly, if a bunch of pirates can manufacture an entire fleet while in hiding, then the nation of Kryta can manufacture a fleet as well.

The Pact might have designed the airships through multiracial efforts, but that doesn't mean construction of them cannot be done by a single nation.

Divinity's Reach doesn't have large scale defenses? Sure, except for the GIANT kitten DOME created from guardian and mesmer magic. Do keep in mind that Jennah didn't produce that spell on her own - it was one of the defenses she stated was prepared for ahead of time, along with the barriers she activated.

What can Kryta produce, export, and sell to other nations? Food, wood, metals, weapons. Claypool itself is - in lore - a main supplier for the entire nation and neighbors of weaponry due to its nearby mines and major blacksmithing inhabitants - it wouldn't be surprising if they were also a major supplier of infrastructure-focused metallurgy. Blacksmiths make more than just swords, shields, and armor - they also make rivets, beams, clamps, gardening tools, kitchen utensils, and so on and so forth. The abundance of mines and forests to their north as well as in the areas throughout the southern half of Kryta means that Kryta would have a constant supply of both various kinds of timber and ore. They also have naval access, giving them a sizable fishing market, and as proven in Sea of Sorrows novel, they have a sizable navy (though the one at the time was hindered greatly, they would have rebuilt over the years since).

Basically, you're making claims that Kryta can't produce anything, but such a nation would have fallen centuries ago if that was true. No nations survives without self-sustenance or a LOT of finances.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086

52 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Who says Kryta cannot produce its own airships? Did Lord Faren outsource his purchase? Someone has to be mass producing these and quite frankly, if a bunch of pirates can manufacture an entire fleet while in hiding, then the nation of Kryta can manufacture a fleet as well.

The Pact might have designed the airships through multiracial efforts, but that doesn't mean construction of them cannot be done by a single nation.

Divinity's Reach doesn't have large scale defenses? Sure, except for the GIANT kitten DOME created from guardian and mesmer magic. Do keep in mind that Jennah didn't produce that spell on her own - it was one of the defenses she stated was prepared for ahead of time, along with the barriers she activated.

What can Kryta produce, export, and sell to other nations? Food, wood, metals, weapons. Claypool itself is - in lore - a main supplier for the entire nation and neighbors of weaponry due to its nearby mines and major blacksmithing inhabitants - it wouldn't be surprising if they were also a major supplier of infrastructure-focused metallurgy. Blacksmiths make more than just swords, shields, and armor - they also make rivets, beams, clamps, gardening tools, kitchen utensils, and so on and so forth. The abundance of mines and forests to their north as well as in the areas throughout the southern half of Kryta means that Kryta would have a constant supply of both various kinds of timber and ore. They also have naval access, giving them a sizable fishing market, and as proven in Sea of Sorrows novel, they have a sizable navy (though the one at the time was hindered greatly, they would have rebuilt over the years since).

Basically, you're making claims that Kryta can't produce anything, but such a nation would have fallen centuries ago if that was true. No nations survives without self-sustenance or a LOT of finances.

Don't forget that technically, they can export stone and ore from the quarries at Ebonhawke. They give Ebonhawke food or other supplies, they get the stone, they turn and sell the stone to, for example, the Asura for building a new lab somewhere, etc.