This is the new expansion that finally focus on the warclaw ... or maybe not ...

Well try to imagine what would happen if in the New Expansion Janthir Wilds, that has the Warclaw as its focal point, you as a F2P player bought the JW expansion, unlocked the Warclaw in PVE and magically you did NOT have the Warclaw in WvW, well not really, You HAVE it in your mount list but You can't use it because "You are in combat" ๐Ÿ™‚ย it would be a nice surprise .. oops that's how it is ๐Ÿ˜„ย 
So if You unlock the Warclaw in WvW with HOT You have a Warclaw in PVE, but if You unlock the Warclaw in PVE with JW You have the Warclaw in WvW but You can't use it!
Chapeau.

Unusable Warclaw in WvW even if unlocked with JW
ย 

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

Did you spend any rank points on the warclaw? I vaguely remember hearing someone say that, that will unlock the warclaw in wvw now. Just the first point, no collection needed anymore. I am not entirely sure though, had mine unlocked just before Janthir.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Maienstern.2154 said:

Did you spend any rank points on the warclaw? I vaguely remember hearing someone say that, that will unlock the warclaw in wvw now. Just the first point, no collection needed anymore. I am not entirely sure though, had mine unlocked just before Janthir.

As you can see from the images you don't have the Warclaw slot to allocate points, after the "trebuchet mastery" usually you have "gliding mastery" and "warclaw mastery", you don't have neither the Warclaw track, but you have the mount available, because you unlocked the Warclaw (in PVE) look at the images, but it's always locked (sword symbol) so you can't actually mount.

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maienstern.2154 said:

I did look at the image, actually. Sorry, that I am not familiar enough with the UI, that I realized it wasn't there. In that case it's probably a bug. Because I could put points into it.ย 

Yep exactly, my fear is that it's not a bug, but something BY DESIGN because they did the same with EOD and SOTO in the past (same thing no glider, no warclaw in WvW even with a paid expansion if you dont have HOT) the interesting thing is that this time the Warclaw IS the mount of the expansion ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

21 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Yep exactly, my fear is that it's not a bug, but something BY DESIGN because they did the same with EOD and SOTO in the past (same thing no glider, no warclaw in WvW even with a paid expansion) the interesting thing is that this time the Warclaw IS the mount of the expansion ๐Ÿ™‚

OP in your picture you see were it say supply master in that list scroll all the way down toย Warclaw Mastery and put in a point that to be able to use your warclaw in wvw maps.

Edit

It even says so on the wiki.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warclaw

Unlocking

World vs World

Spend 1ย World Ability Pointsย in the Warclaw Mastery section

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

OP in your picture you see were it say supply master in that list scroll all the way down toย Warclaw Mastery and put in a point that to be able to use your warclaw in wvw maps.

Edit

It even says so on the wiki.

Unlocking

World vs World

Spend 1ย World Ability Pointsย in the Warclaw Mastery section

No as you can see from the image "trebuchet mastery" is the last one, as I said YOU DONT HAVE the "warclaw mastery" because YOU DONT HAVE HOT and btw the first thing to enable the warclaw collection is to allocate the first point on the mastery line but as You can clearly see from the image I HAVE the Warclaw selected in the mount list because i did in PVE, the problem AS I SAID is that in WvW is locked, you have a little sword on it so YOU CANT USE IT, and the wiki don't have this case because is something related to JW, I repeat so You can better understand: From Free To Play if You BUY JW EXPANSION and You do the Warclaw in PVE You have the Warclaw in WvW but You can't use it.
Hope this time is more clear ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

BTW Arenanet, I have a suggestion to solve this situation:
Give to those that buy justย  JW, for WvW:
1) A basic glider (no mastery line)
2) A full mastery Warclaw line (with first slot allocated) if they Unlock Warclaw in PVE

For Those that Bought/Buy just EOD or SOTO, for WvW:
1) A basic glider (no mastery line)
2) A basic Warclaw (no mastery line)

When they buy HOT/POF just unlock the related mastery line for glider or warclaw with the first slot allocated

alternatively You can give them from the beginning a Glider and Warclaw mastery line with just one slot available to allocate the related mastery points and when they buy HOT/POF you extend the mastery line accordingly.
This is a more fair solution that this mess where customers that bought an expansion can't play a game mode when they unlock the full game experience, this is not really different from what You already do for PVE players in the same expansions.
My2c.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

They call it the Jorneykin in Janthir Wilds, and it has different abilities.

The Warclaw for WvW is unlocked with Path of Fire.

I personally hate they just give away a Raptor, Springer and Glider with every expansion since End of Dragons and this is why, you used to go to Heart of Thorns to get your glider by why bother now.

Path of Fire was designed to accommodate Heart of Thorns masteries, but not require any, you can see a duality design everywhere, even within itself, the Augury Rock for example was designed to be climbable with or without the Springer.

You get the feeling since End of Dragons they just wanted to assume everyone had those and the people that didn't were just given.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

They call it the Jorneykin in Janthir Wilds, and it has different abilities.

The Warclaw for WvW is unlocked with Path of Fire.

This is not true, the mount is the same, the lore can be different as the two skyscales but the mount is the same as you can clearly see in the image that i posted before, when You unlock the "Jorneykin" in PVE and you enter a WvW map your "Warclaw" is clearly present in your WvW mount list and You have the mount key with the warclaw image available but NOT USABLE, look at the image:
Warclaw Image from WvW

It was from spawn in a WvW map, and if you look at the upper image it's the dialog that you get in PVE when You unlock theย  "Jorneykin" ir's clearly a Warclaw and the text insid says again CLEARLY that:

New Mount Acquired
THE WARCLAW
Trained for battle and siege warfare, the warclaw knows no fear.
Mastering the warclaw will allow you to attach chains to gates and damage them in World vs.World!

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Another guy have a similar problem with only HOT, no Warclaw in WvW even if they said they had to give a free warclaw to HOT/POF players:
"At the same time, revisited the warclaw's WvW skills to provide a fresh experience that builds on what we've learned about mounts since first implementing the warclaw. the warclaw mount will be automatically unlocked for all players who ownย Guild Wars 2ยฎ: Heart of Thornsโ„ขย orย Guild Wars 2ยฎ: Path of Fireโ„ข.ย "

In my opinion also those that have BOUGHT ANY Expansion, so also SOTO or EOD should have a glider and a warclaw in WvW

• Like 2

On 8/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, NaramSin.2693 said:

Well try to imagine what would happen if in the New Expansion Janthir Wilds, that has the Warclaw as its focal point, you as a F2P player bought the JW expansion, unlocked the Warclaw in PVE and magically you did NOT have the Warclaw in WvW, well not really, You HAVE it in your mount list but You can't use it because "You are in combat" ๐Ÿ™‚ย it would be a nice surprise .. oops that's how it is ๐Ÿ˜„ย 
So if You unlock the Warclaw in WvW with HOT You have a Warclaw in PVE, but if You unlock the Warclaw in PVE with JW You have the Warclaw in WvW but You can't use it!
Chapeau.

Unusable Warclaw in WvW even if unlocked with JW
ย 

Same for the glider.ย 

Players usually fall to their death, thinking they have a glider available, because they have in pve, but they have not..ย 

Then you unlock the glider in wvw. Guess what. You fall to your death again. Because the endless gliding isnt available yet.ย 

Wvw is a separate mastery system!ย 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Same for the glider.ย 

Players usually fall to their death, thinking they have a glider available, because they have in pve, but they have not..ย 

Then you unlock the glider in wvw. Guess what. You fall to your death again. Because the endless gliding isnt available yet.ย 

Wvw is a separate mastery system!ย 

Exactly but my problem is that i do not have the warclaw mastery at all, so I can't even try to allocate a point in the mastery, but i have the warclaw in PVE AND WvW because if I look at the mount key WHEN I AM IN WVW I HAVE the warclaw selected but I can't use it

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Could be, i submitted a ticket but thet told me to allocate a point to the warclaw mastery, seems strange not having at all the mastery line in WvW , anuone else had the same situation? a free to play account + Janthir Wilds expansion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/27/2024 at 11:08 AM, NaramSin.2693 said:

This is not true

Oh, is it not... ? We'll see about that then.

"Theย Warclaw for WvW isย unlocked with Path of Fire."

This is a factual claim, Mounts were introduced with the Path of Fire expansion, the Warclaw specifically was released on March 5th, 2019, at the tail end of S4 before IBS.

"Theyย call it the Jorneykin in Janthir Wilds, and it has different abilities."

This is yet another statement of fact, the first part regarding nomenclature, here's a reference fromย July 17, 2024:

"the warclaw, which the lowland kodan call โ€œjourneykin.โ€" -ย https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/janthir-wilds-unleashed-the-enhanced-warclaw-mount/

The second part of the assertion is also a verifiable truth, from the wiki:

The Skill section is divided between WvW and PvE, since they're different skill sets they're listed in different boards, ergo another statement of fact.

Your comment then, claiming my assertions were "not true" is factually incorrect.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/31/2024 at 4:54 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

"Theย Warclaw for WvW isย unlocked with Path of Fire."

This is a factual claim, Mounts were introduced with the Path of Fire expansion, the Warclaw specifically was released on March 5th, 2019, at the tail end of S4 before IBS."

ย 

No this is an hold information as for the new expansion JW this is no more true, the Warclaw is unlocked with JW, and POF/HOT players no more unlock The Warclaw with The companion achievement, they just get a Warclaw for free allocating a point in the mastery line that now no more have the double stamina points.
ย 

Notย  really, theย Jorneykin ย is a PVE mount, and when you unlock Jorneykin in PVE they show you a screen with the WvW Warclaw saying "New Mount Acquired, THE WARCLAW, Mastering the warcalw will allow you to attach chains to gattes and damage them in World vs World.

and this is a fact, you can verify in game and the game is a fact, also a bad design is a fact, but this is another story ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

ย 

ROFLMAO

Okay ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

--> "when you unlockย Jorneykinย in PVE they show you a screen with the WvW Warclaw saying "New Mount Acquired, THE WARCLAW, Mastering the warcalw will allow you to attach chains to gattes and damage them in World vs World." <---

https://imgur.com/a/n815n4i

you bring no value to the discussion, you make unfounded criticisms without reading what people write and when you are faced with the fact that you were wrong you come out with ROTFLMAO, how mature, that is a real fact.
how sad...

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Ondina.1529 said:

the fact

What fact, this fact... ?

On 8/31/2024 at 3:54 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

The Journeykin has different abilities than the Warclaw, it's hilarious you're trying to claim otherwise, lucky there's a place for you here...ย https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/ignore/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

What fact, this fact... ?

The Journeykin has different abilities than the Warclaw, it's hilarious you're trying to claim otherwise, lucky there's a place for you here...ย https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/ignore/

looks to be identical skills some of them however work differently in pve ofcourse

WvW

โ€‰ย Warclaw Summon andย mountย yourย warclaw.
You cannot contestย capture pointsย while mounted.

1โ€‰ย Battle Maul Pounce on foes.

1โ€‰ย Superior Battle Maul Pounce on foes, dealing increased damage to foes who are in aย downedย state.ย (Replacesย Battle Maulย with rank 5)

2โ€‰ย Sniff Detects the scent of nearby enemies and temporarily marks their location on the map.ย (Unlocked with rank 2)

3โ€‰ย Chain Pull Damage gates by pulling on them with a chain that's attached to your warclaw.ย (Unlocked with rank 3, activating it replaces skill bar with the following two skills.)

1โ€‰ย Chain Pull Pull on the gate to inflict damage.

2โ€‰ย Release Chain Release the Chain.

4โ€‰ย Lance Throw a lance at your target. Hitting mounted foes dismount both them and you.ย (Unlocked with rank 4)

5โ€‰ย Dash Rapidly dash forward and evade attacks.

โ€‰ย Dismount Dismount yourย mount

vs

PvEย 

โ€‰ย Warclaw Summon andย mountย yourย warclaw.
You cannot contestย capture pointsย while mounted.

1โ€‰ย Battle Maul Pounce on foes.

2โ€‰ย Sniff Use yourย warclaw's strong sense of smell to locate enemies and hunt for treasure.

2โ€‰ย UncoverYour warclaw uses its mighty paws to dig forย treasure.

3โ€‰ย Chain Pull Damage enemies and structures by pulling on them with a chain.

4โ€‰ย Lance Throw a lance at your target.

5โ€‰ย Dash Rapidly dash forward and evade attacks.

โ€‰ย Dismount Dismount yourย mount

ย 

Just asking here do JW have capture points if not I dont see the relevance ofย You cannot contestย capture pointsย while mountedย in the pve section.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

looks to be identical skills some of them however work differently in pve ofcourse

You don't say... not like I made that statement 10 days ago or anything.

And it's cute that you copy pasted the skill descriptions, because I didn't wrote this 6 days ago or anything...

On 8/31/2024 at 3:54 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

The Skill section is divided between WvW and PvE, since they're different skill sets they're listed in different boards, ergo another statement of fact.

ย 

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 3:42 PM, Ondina.1529 said:

Could be, i submitted a ticket but thet told me to allocate a point to the warclaw mastery, seems strange not having at all the mastery line in WvW , anuone else had the same situation? a free to play account + Janthir Wilds expansion?

Maybe it's already fixed or you have figured something out, but as I read this thread one thing stood out to me.

They told you to allocate a point to the Warclaw mastery. Masteries are purely PvE. WvW does not have masteries, it has World Abilities. Maybe they mean that when you allocate mastery points to the PvE mastery line for Warclaw, the World Ability category for Warclaw will unlock in WvW?

Unless you've already allocated mastery points to the Warclaw in PvE and still don't have it available in WvW. In that case, I have no idea. But it is helpful to note that WvW does not have any masteries. If Support told me to allocate a point to the Warclaw mastery I would not assume in WvW but in PvE.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Maybe it's already fixed or you have figured something out, but as I read this thread one thing stood out to me.

They told you to allocate a point to the Warclaw mastery. Masteries are purely PvE. WvW does not have masteries, it has World Abilities. Maybe they mean that when you allocate mastery points to the PvE mastery line for Warclaw, the World Ability category for Warclaw will unlock in WvW?

Unless you've already allocated mastery points to the Warclaw in PvE and still don't have it available in WvW. In that case, I have no idea. But it is helpful to note that WvW does not have any masteries. If Support told me to allocate a point to the Warclaw mastery I would not assume in WvW but in PvE.

Sadly no, points in WvW Warclaw are called "mastery" and the line where to put it it's called "Warclaw Mastery" so no they really mean that i need to buy POF to have the WvW "Warclaw Mastery" where i have to put a WvW point, this is now official, onlly those who Buy POF can use a Warclaw in WvW

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/148991-upcoming-changes-to-the-warclaw/?do=findComment&comment=2182408

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2