Please bring back the Deep World Class Fishing nodes in the homestead

Just logged in after work looking forward to kicking back and getting some good progress towards the world class fisher achievement after discovering the cluster of three world class fishing nodes last night, only to find them replaced by a single freshwater node instead. Missed it by just a few minutes!

Please bring it back!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Yea I'm a little irritated about it. I was in my homestead fishing when the update came across. I kept fishing and had to leave my home stead a few times(for obvious reasons). Last time i left it booted me to desk top and updated an hour early. Time to put my fishing  gear back on an alt. And to top it off they just replace them with some trash nodes. Oh well.  

I specially logged in for this.

I am kinda annoyed by this aswell. Yesterday I started fishing in my homestead. No pressure from monsters or skales to bite your boat. No map closure so I can keep my 99 stacks without using the zephyrite fishsticks.

This morning it was updated for me. Bought lures and fishies especially for this "farm".  Then it was replaced with 2 fishing nodes...and not even special ones. I found 6 holes a bit much, and that you could fish 8 to 10x a round, but at least make the homestead also a fishing haven.

Maybe one node of every region, or allow us go customize our fishing nodes.

At least that way I will use my homestead, instead for a portal to Janthir. 

But calling this a bug that needed fixing is a lie. It was to profitable and could be exploited which would imbalance the t6's and ambergris for t3 legendaries.

This is the total oppisite way, that I am not used at all of Arenanet.

• Like 3

Those being removed was seriously disappointing. There was finally a good private fishing spot to just chill out and fish in peace in a nice beautiful environment without hostile mobs and sometimes a bunch of other players crowding the nodes, and yet also fairly profitable despite the lack of ascended or legendary fish. It even contributed significantly to the feeling that the homestead is in a great location.

I don't think keeping the nodes would have made that much of a difference in the t6 supply considering that the world class fish only give t6 sometimes, a lot of the time it's lower tier materials. And despite the achievement boosting the ambergris somewhat (which is also significantly RNG due to having to get an instance of getting 14 different fish each time), there's still no legendary or even ascended fish, so the average amount from fishing there should still be significantly less than the meta open world fishing spots.

• Like 5

a very low move by ArenaNet to replace 6 profitable nodes with 2 trash nodes.

if the previous nodes are unbalanced, at least replace it with 6 saltwater nodes that have it's own legendary and ascended fish so Homesteader like us can fish both freshwater and saltwater fish in our Homestead..

Don't market Homestead as some big feature to sell new expansions and then degrade it to a vase.

Edited by noobleh.3751
fix typo
  • Like 3

What they should do is allow us to craft our own fishing nodes and place them in the homestead.

Make it require a couple of legendary fish you get from the node so it's not too cheap but also obtainable.
Maybe even give it a lower cap of like 20 or something and only respawns after reset.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

What they should do is allow us to craft our own fishing nodes and place them in the homestead.

Make it require a couple of legendary fish you get from the node so it's not too cheap but also obtainable.
Maybe even give it a lower cap of like 20 or something and only respawns after reset.

Yeah absolutely agree, I'd be all for these being obtainable even if it was expensive, just because it felt so good to fish there. I don't have enough patience to do the 30 (much less 60 as I'm learning) fish more than once a day anyway, so it'd be fine by me if they limit them to once a day like the other gathering nodes. 

I'd even buy gems for these fishing nodes lol

• Confused 1