The cut Kodan plot from IBS in Janthir Wilds

ugrakarma.9416

Waiting Sorrow says shes did go to help kodan on Jormag awakened and then stayed there after Jormag Fell.

i think, the kodan arc sliced from IBS was something about commander gather allies against jormag, and them goes there.

still the big mystery of IBS trailer was kodan corposes being burned in sea.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a mass burial, the type of ceremonial burials portrayed in Viking fiction. Watching that trailer really bums me out; IBS had so much potential, so many story opportunities that were rushed in favor of EoD. Almost makes me wish they switched to the $30 mini expansions sooner, and that IBS was made in the same vein of Janthir.

Oh well.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rallicus.8367 said:

Looks like a mass burial, the type of ceremonial burials portrayed in Viking fiction. Watching that trailer really bums me out; IBS had so much potential, so many story opportunities that were rushed in favor of EoD. Almost makes me wish they switched to the $30 mini expansions sooner, and that IBS was made in the same vein of Janthir.

Oh well.

The issue with IBS was it being ANet "new formula of only making living world stories".

It was an absolutely horrible decision for the game as it would mean no expansion money and the game would entirely rely on gemstore for its income.
So NCSoft bonk them on the head and told them to make an expansion immediately.
IBS was left to a few vets and the interns to finish while the teams started making EoD.
Hence why it's all DRM in the end, because that's all they could do to pad up IBS until EoD was ready to announce.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 9:53 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Waiting Sorrow says shes did go to help kodan on Jormag awakened and then stayed there after Jormag Fell.

i think, the kodan arc sliced from IBS was something about commander gather allies against jormag, and them goes there.

still the big mystery of IBS trailer was kodan corposes being burned in sea.

There was never a cut Kodan arc from IBS. The Kodan are in IBS, and get story development in Bjora Marches. The Kodan corpses being burned out on sea is referenced in Bjora as the traditional way the Kodan burn bodies. However, becuase of Jormag, they had to stop doing that and switch to the rituals they do in Bjora, which have their own events.

The only racial storyline that got cut from IBS was the Centaur plotline.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Rallicus.8367 said:

Oh well.

I don't see any "almost" about it, I think Anet never should have given the living world episodes away for free to current players.

It's economically silly to give something away to your current playing customers (which will include all of your keenest customers who would be willing to pay the most) and then try to charge new players (who will on average be much less committed to the game) instead. That's the reverse of how it should be and is why generally speaking an expansion (for any game) starts at a high price for the current players and then gets discounted later.

So yeah, whether it was mini expansions or some other model like just straight up charging for living world episodes, Anet should have changed their model long ago, and if they had it is likely IBS would have been completed properly.

• Confused 1