After looking at every poster minus the alts, 100% of the Spellbreaker post complaints are coming from ranger mains, and all posted in less than 10 days

@Vancho.8750@Flowki.7194there's no such thing as broken role - there are just broken builds. Defence spellbreaker right now is just dumb build that leaves no room to punish it and should be nerfed. That however refers to the roaming/teamfighters etc. everyone have to fill their role and if you're good at it, you're good at it if you aren't you aren't -,-.

On 9/2/2024 at 3:28 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

You realise the irony of this post? The reason you see more roamers than duelists is becuase if you don't want to play warrior, most other duelists can't beat it, yet the average warrior, even when not owning the point, still considers a stale mate as good fornication, they are easily pleased. Also, gaurd+necro in conjunction, in various itterations, have had a stable manopoly over group fighting specs, becuase all of their specs were designed to be played by monkeys doing tricks for peanuts.. "look Anet, me drop aoe on floor ooh oh oh"... "oh oh... look Anet, me give aeg when afk oh oo ooh".. "plxx anet gief us win, ooh oh oh".

the guy who defends the vindicator talking about irony...irony

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Vancho.8750@Flowki.7194there's no such thing as broken role - there are just broken builds. Defence spellbreaker right now is just dumb build that leaves no room to punish it and should be nerfed. That however refers to the roaming/teamfighters etc. everyone have to fill their role and if you're good at it, you're good at it if you aren't you aren't -,-.

Which is what I have always said, if a spec must dominate 1v1s.. which warrior has had the priv of doing in various itterations, then the spec should be hard to play, which warrior is not. So here we are, a backwards system where the most brainded duelist warrior builds have owned 1/3 of the game, for a while, and other duelist specs just have to accept it, even if harder/riskier to play. Czerker, BS, various itterations of SPB, all low skill floor, all bloated in stats (and now utility/mobility).. monkey specs. Really, lets stop coping and pretending this is anything else. Most warrior specs are litterally designed for casual players, who now want pro rewards, and are getting them. Monkey specs.

11 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

the guy who defends the vindicator talking about irony...irony

Vindi was meta for months, and I would go 20 games not seing 1... yet 2+ warriors per game has been normal since staff, and they were not uncommon before that. Same deal with 2+ necros every game, depending on the fotm.

I defend vindi becuase the avg monkey can't jump on it and do well, even when it was meta. Cope as much as you like, just lets me know youre also in the monkey zoo.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 4

@Flowki.7194Bro there's lots of really really good warrior players and insane ammount of stupid builds on other classes - but in comparison to you I CAN SEE when something is just not right. You complained about spellbreaker even when it wasn't meta. Stop coping about monkey specs WHEN YOU'RE LITERALLY PLAYING BRAINDEAD BUILDS YOURSELF. You're no better than warriors who defend spear or staff

Edited by Aaron.1294
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Marxx.5021 said:

It is not about spellbreaker, warrior or even spear. Anet has simply not enough interest in sPvP for proper balancing.

I don't agree with this anymore.  They're obviously trying. 

I think it's a language issue.  When you spend your career designing mmos that basically play like dnd sessions where all the configs are controlled and used against mindless creatures, trying to build a game that requires fighting game knowledge is like majoring in English and trying to write a dissertation in Tagalog. You might be able to guess at how to convey intent, but without the proper framing you're going to deliver something probably insulting or funny 9 times out of 10.

"Warrior has mechanical issues other classes don't have" doesnt precisely mean "make the warriors immortal on one spec and nerf the others", for example.

They're getting there though. They've made some strides since they declared it was important. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I think it's a language issue.  When you spend your career designing mmos that basically play like dnd sessions where all the configs are controlled and used against mindless creatures, trying to build a game that requires fighting game knowledge is like majoring in English and trying to write a dissertation in Tagalog. You might be able to guess at how to convey intent, but without the proper framing you're going to deliver something probably insulting or funny 9 times out of 10.

This would make sense if it was 2010 and Demon's Souls / Dark Souls type games had not come out yet.  They share the same 'MMO + PvP' that GW2 has, but in a less structured format (I would love to invade random PvE'r worlds though).  

But it's 2024 and some of this stuff should be pretty obvious now.  Maybe should start with not making skills that do 10 different things.  

On 9/5/2024 at 5:21 PM, Aaron.1294 said:

@Flowki.7194Bro there's lots of really really good warrior players and insane ammount of stupid builds on other classes - but in comparison to you I CAN SEE when something is just not right. You complained about spellbreaker even when it wasn't meta. Stop coping about monkey specs WHEN YOU'RE LITERALLY PLAYING BRAINDEAD BUILDS YOURSELF. You're no better than warriors who defend spear or staff

The problem here is you have developed an emotional attatchment, your feelings got hurt, and now you are interepting, changing, and saying things I didn't even say.

Are there genuine pro p2 warrior players who would wreck on any spec? YES

Is there a difference in the skill floors of specs within and between classes? YES

Do viable warrior specs tend to way over perform at low/mid skill levels? YES

Are viable warrior specs the only ones over performing at low/mid skill levels? NO

I have complained about SPB, Czerker, and blade before, during, and after they were meta.. becuase before/during/after, they have a brainded low skill floor. I have stated the same thing for many other specs, even on classes/specs I have also played. The difference here is that I see the objective elements. Power vindi is harder/riskier to play than core condi rev, there for I do not expect core rev to be over perfoming in its role. Or look at it this way, bladesworn was the most brainded warrior spec I ever played, SPB is harder than BS on a mechanical level, so it would make no sense for SPB to be a D tier spec, and BS to be an A tier spec. You see how this works right? Well, I apply that same logic with SPB vs other duelists, it is not hard enough to justify its dominance.. but thats where you guys like to suspend logic and get all up in your feels.

Even the none-defense line warriors are saying the same thing.. and they are pleying like 80% of the exact same build. But even with them, they can't look past warrior vs warrior to see the wider comparisons becuase it then encompasses the totality of their own build. Cherry picking logic.

Edited by Flowki.7194

@Flowki.7194Bro you're genuinely always convinced that warrior is a skilless specialization, 90% of your posts are most of the time because you can't win 1v1 against warrior even when it wasn't meta. Do you see what's wrong with your emotional attachement as you described it? Yes, some classes are easier than other classes, because there's no possibility to make them equally as easy to understand if there are so many different skills. But you don't understand that so you still repeat same formula "b-but this is braindead, but it's braindead".

With your last post you proved that you live in your own bubble. Do you really think people don't see other skills playing this game for years? You're literally the person you try to describe. An elitist with infinite knowledge about what is skillfull and what's braindead (who can't even proof his own words).

And to your questions - if a class was braindead there would be no comparison between bad players and good players, they would perform very similar to each other. So let me ask you one question - why is that?

Edited by Aaron.1294

On 9/5/2024 at 10:34 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

While that is true, and I respect that, I'm entitled to think editing numbers in some XML files has no reason to take 3 months.

This is literally a number change, there's 0 risk of regression, you could skip the QA team and push it to master as is.
I'm not saying you might well change those numbers twice a day until they feel right... buuuuuuut...

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 1:59 AM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

While that is true, and I respect that, I'm entitled to think editing numbers in some XML files has no reason to take 3 months.

This is literally a number change, there's 0 risk of regression, you could skip the QA team and push it to master as is.
I'm not saying you might well change those numbers twice a day until they feel right... buuuuuuut...

Completly agree with this sentiment. Especially regarding the worst offenders. Damage number and cooldown hotfixes should have been pushed not long after spears were implemented.

I appreciate that mechanical fixes (such as engi, spear 2) might take awhile to adjust and amend, but simple number tweaks should be trival to update and roll out alongside server crash micro patches.