Backpiece disappearing on emote use

You know what the worst part is? All of the old emotes would let you toggle your backpiece off then on again and you could see it during the emote but the newer ones apparently resist that and won't show it even then. The fact that we can brute force our backs to show during the vast majority of the emotes makes it seem like this is a very possible fix.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

for the majority of lengthy emotes, you can go into the hero menu and toggle the hide/show back item off then on again.  After you do that the back piece will be visible for the rest of the emote's runtime.  I haven't heard of new emotes disabling this work around.
I don't know of any workarounds for chairs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

for the majority of lengthy emotes, you can go into the hero menu and toggle the hide/show back item off then on again.  After you do that the back piece will be visible for the rest of the emote's runtime.  I haven't heard of new emotes disabling this work around.
I don't know of any workarounds for chairs.

This is why I am posting. It's been 12 years and the emotes suck. I guess no-one uses them--probably because they suck. I would like to use them, but... you get the idea.

Edit: Forgot to mention, actually, in the hero menu and toggling the backpiece show/hide on and off "trick" no longer works.

Edited by Pure Heart.1456
Missed addressing one issue on a reply
  • Confused 2

yep it bugs me too, i did have a method to display them but Anet nerfed it a few months back for no reason.

backpieces aren't really counted as part of your character so they have a few silly quirks,

like when you use something to change the colour of our character (like a hylek potion for example) your backpack is uneffected.

so if you have a character like mine who is an angel and you want to use yellow hylek potion to glow celestial yellow, the wings will remain white >_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

so if you have a character like mine who is an angel and you want to use yellow hylek potion to glow celestial yellow, the wings will remain white >_<

My work around for that was to get the vermillion wings or the seraph wings and dye them to match.  It was kinda fun getting different shades of a color to make the wings look right.  For those two wings the dye channels can affect each other.
gw195.jpg.61bce2c41de3a9e328391ad0fe5b1a79.jpg

Edited by Zebulous.2934
a visual example
  • Like 3