Stop Treating WvW like a GvG environment

Charall.4710

1 hour ago, Charall.4710 said:

Given the kill counts change with each meta they are arbitrary cause one month the meta could encourage high spike damage while the next it could be boonballs, it's not a reliable source of content popularity.

Yet the higher KD activity last year has been used as proof WR is bad. Where there no boonballs last year?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Given the kill counts change with each meta they are arbitrary cause one month the meta could encourage high spike damage while the next it could be boonballs, it's not a reliable source of content popularity.

I'd contest that the meta changes so fast, but you are right: it's not a reliable source. It's more reliable than subjective opinion, but that should be clear to everyone.

All of that irrelevant though.

As I mentioned earlier: all of this comes down to 1 thing: what do the developers see in the data THEY have and what resources are they willing to invest, if at all.

From what unreliable data we have, the mode is not doing as poorly as some might want to make believe (and even if it were, which it is not, here is the kicker: the new system can adapt to 50 or 70% of players leaving. Tiers simply get reduced and WvW goes on for the remaining players as if NOTHING happened).

Let me highlight that last part again, just to be safe anyone gets it: You could leave right now and take 60-70% of the WvW population with you, and the remaining players would not notice A THING as far as tiers, shards and activity goes.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Charall.4710 said:

Pretty sure it was 90% condi meta last year though I could be wrong

You are wrong.

It was condi/celestial for solo and small scale and there was some amount of boon blobs running celestial, which they do to this day because it is still very strong against groups which have insufficient cleanse. The meta has always been power for blob fights.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

And you are salty.

Why would I be salty? I'm not the one unhappy with the current state of the game (except for balance and celestial, but that's outside of this topics scope).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'm not the one unhappy with the current state of the game.

Correction: I am unhappy with the state of WvW which 90% of the community is as seen on various portions of the WvW forums, people are sick of alliances already.

2 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Why would I be salty?

Answer: I've contested your PoV throughout my post and you blocked me in game because I disagreed with you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Correction: I am unhappy with the state of WvW which 90% of the community is as seen on various portions of the WvW forums, people are sick of alliances already.

Answer: I've contested your PoV throughout my post and you blocked me in game because I disagreed with you.

You have not proven that 90% of players do. You said it yourself: we have no reliable data and I have yet to see you provide any.

If I have blocked you in-game, it's certainly not over THIS topic. I only block gold sellers and THE worst of trolls.

Let me check if you are blocked and if I made a comment as to why. Just checked, not blocked, glad you are stooping to this kind of nonsense. I am the one who is salty?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Let me check if you are blocked and if I made a comment as to why. Just checked, not blocked, glad you are stooping to this kind of nonsense. I am the one who is salty?

Ah I loathe that they wont let me upload pics to the forums, else I would prove you're full of poo atm.

Edit: I certainly don't have you blocked Alarani/Nolorie, though it seems a forums debate over WvW is enough for you.

Edited by Charall.4710
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Charall.4710 said:

Ah I loathe that they wont let me upload pics to the forums, else I would prove you're full of poo atm.

Edit: I certainly don't have you blocked Alarani/Nolorie, though it seems a forums debate over WvW is enough for you.

If I had you blocked, you would not be able to see my characters online. Thanks for confirming that I don't have you blocked after all.

Also not sure what debate you want to have in game? There is no debate here. There is 0 evidence from one side and limited evidence from the other with at best players exchanging opinions and at worst making stuff up and flaming each other.

This topic has run its course pages ago. If you feel as though there is anything productive to add, sure you can hit me up in game.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

If I had you blocked, you would not be able to see my characters online.

Actually I can, but I cannot send you a tell or mail as it notifies me of the block. You really don't pay attention do you?

I have accounts of you doing this since two years ago, if I dredge up old posts of yours.

You and dawdler derail forums posts with your nonsense because you don't agree with them.

Edited by Charall.4710
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

This topic has run its course pages ago.

This topic still hasn't run its course at all, 7 pages in and people are still speaking about how the change was horrible or posting arbitrary KDR statistics that have no relevance on how players feel about the content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

50 minutes ago, Charall.4710 said:

Actually I can, but I cannot send you a tell or mail as it notifies me of the block. You really don't pay attention do you?

I have accounts of you doing this since two years ago, if I dredge up old posts of yours.

You and dawdler derail forums posts with your nonsense because you don't agree with them.

I stand corrected. I do have you on block and this must have been a LONG time ago. Your nickname is: "WvW flamer". Meaning you must have been REALLY toxic in map chat for me to block you, usually reserved for racist things or serious flaming.

So you were correct, I did have you on block, but certainly not for this topic. I haven't added anyone to the block list in a long while in WvW.

As such, I'll divert to what I said earlier:

If I have blocked you in-game, it's certainly not over THIS topic. I only block gold sellers and THE worst of trolls.

It too a while for the block-list to actually properly load since an immediate check after logging in did not produce your name. Suffice to say, I don't intend to remove you from the list NOW but I do concede that you were right about me having you blocked.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

This topic still hasn't run its course at all, 7 pages in and people are still speaking about how the change was horrible or posting arbitrary KDR statistics that have no relevance on how players feel about the content.

On that note total WvW K+D for this week (well, 6h left of matchup) is roughly 30% higher than it was 2 months ago.

Since it has no relevance on how people feel about WvW then the only logical conclusion is that people are exited over Janthir since as we all know WvWers are really into PvE.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Does K+D account for the same players stats? Is it just the same squads killing the same squads? My t1 shard doesn't seem to have many new faces and changing maps with a squad of 30 puts an instant que up for a map. Even when the map has "heavily outnumbered" buff up. Really seems like its just the same small amount of people killing the same small amount of people.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OtherBarry.4175 said:

Does K+D account for the same players stats? Is it just the same squads killing the same squads? My t1 shard doesn't seem to have many new faces and changing maps with a squad of 30 puts an instant que up for a map. Even when the map has "heavily outnumbered" buff up. Really seems like its just the same small amount of people killing the same small amount of people.

That's not really how it works when all teams in all tiers have higher kills and deaths, is it? Also only 2 out of 9 matchups has high KDR for one side (1.62/1.67) the rest are 1.3 or lower.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, OtherBarry.4175 said:

Only one team on each tier has higher kills than deaths - besides the one match on t4. At least on gw2mists. Idk, I guess it isn't how it works. I'll see myself out.

That's called winning, normally. It has a tendancy to naturally end up with more kills than deaths, unless the team has really good PPT coverage. It was the same two months ago.

If your argument is that the squads and guilds two months ago killing and brawling together are the same squads and guilds this week killing and brawling together only they're doing it more well... you're right.I have no counter to that 🤷‍♂️

Sidenote in case you mistook it: I said higher kills and deaths. That's the KDA (K+D). 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I'd contest that the meta changes so fast, but you are right: it's not a reliable source. It's more reliable than subjective opinion, but that should be clear to everyone.

All of that irrelevant though.

As I mentioned earlier: all of this comes down to 1 thing: what do the developers see in the data THEY have and what resources are they willing to invest, if at all.

From what unreliable data we have, the mode is not doing as poorly as some might want to make believe (and even if it were, which it is not, here is the kicker: the new system can adapt to 50 or 70% of players leaving. Tiers simply get reduced and WvW goes on for the remaining players as if NOTHING happened).

Let me highlight that last part again, just to be safe anyone gets it: You could leave right now and take 60-70% of the WvW population with you, and the remaining players would not notice A THING as far as tiers, shards and activity goes.

Idk what game your playing when you saying meta changes drastically ain't this one 

7 hours ago, Charall.4710 said:

Pretty sure it was 90% condi meta last year though I could be wrong

7 hours ago, Charall.4710 said:

What is it with people making statements with random percentages based on no numbers at all? You know you have to have numbers to know percentages?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 9/3/2024 at 3:49 PM, Mabi black.1824 said:

and I assure you that it will be my care to show up here on Friday evening to bring you the precise numbers.

As promised, here I am, Friday almost the end of the day. The most extreme numbers I read are T3 red 93,000 K+D and T5 green 51,000 K+D. In fact, if there is a drop in players, it is in any case minimal. The numbers also show a poor result in terms of ''balanced teams'' despite the ''smaller'' fragments we were able to generate a server that plays almost twice as long as another server. Just my observation.

After everything I've read in this post, I come to the conclusion that the diehard supporters of WR and the development of ANET in general, are right. Anet has decided and you can't do anything about it. either you accept it or you leave. I would have liked a different forum quite a bit, perhaps with a rational comparison with someone from the development, and better understand how in a team game, eliminating the concept of teams is a good solution. but patience.