Woad Armor

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

pvp and wvw is part of the game and the armors are acquired by using tracks added with the expansion. You're talking about dumb strawmanning, but you're making your own "expansion marketing" rules simply because you want them to fit whatever you want to have.

i never made rules, i am simply saying, if something gets marketed with a product. is it not reasonable to expect it to be part of that product? If a billboard says a meal comes with a drink, and i order that meal, and i get told i gotta eat something different to get the meal, wouldn't that be nonsensical?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

that's a dumb strawman, my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product.

the janthir wilds expansion roadmap specifically lists "3 armor sets" yet one of them is specifically obtained by not playing what you paid for, that's really dumb marketing at the very least.

If this doesn't summarize what the PVE player base thinks of WvW... that it's not even a part of the "real game" LOL wow...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

that's a dumb strawman, my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product.

the janthir wilds expansion roadmap specifically lists "3 armor sets" yet one of them is specifically obtained by not playing what you paid for, that's really dumb marketing at the very least.

Even though I don't think the change addresses what the original complaint was, what you're saying doesn't quite hold up. The expansion is more than the new PvE content. It's also the addition of the spears for example which are playable in all game modes. If anything PvE players have it good as they get way more than any other game mode.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

i never made rules, i am simply saying, if something gets marketed with a product. is it not reasonable to expect it to be part of that product? If a billboard says a meal comes with a drink, and i order that meal, and i get told i gotta eat something different to get the meal, wouldn't that be nonsensical?

Do you honestly view WvW as "not part of the game"?!

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

You just tried making up the rules in your previous post where even though expansion does add armor set, although not acquired from ow, you instantly labeled it as "dumb marketing" and it being somehow unfair (or whatever you tried suggesting in your previous posts), because "you bought expansion for pve". Again, check how much of content is added to pve and how much is added to the remaining modes. Do the math. I don't see how anything went against "what was marketed", you're simply making up the rules you want and then... say you didn't make the rules. Well, if you didn't make the rules then play wvw with jw unlocked reward track, use jw unlocked weapon and get the set jw added to the game which you can only unlock if you have jw. What does marketing have to do with anything here...?

Your "meal with a drink" comparison is so irrelevant that's it's almost funny you're doing it so soon after accusing someone of making up a "dumb strawman". Please.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Confused 4

point to me where i said that. oh wait.

You're inferring it by saying including Woad armor as a WvW exclusive is some kind of scam against the folks that bought the game for PVE expecting literally EVERYTHING in an expansion to be solely for that game mode.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

You just tried making up the rules in your previous post where even though expansion does add armor set, although not acquired from ow, you instantly labeled it as "dumb marketing" and it being somehow unfair (or whatever you tried suggesting in your previous posts), because "you bought expansion for pve". Again, check how much of content is added to pve and how much is added to the remaining modes. Do the math. I don't see how anything went against "what was marketed", you're simply making up the rules you want and then... say you didn't make the rules. Well, if you didn't make the rules then play wvw with jw unlocked reward track, use jw unlocked weapon and get the set jw added to the game which you can only unlock if you have jw. What does marketing have to do with anything here...?

I get the feeling you don't understand what the word "rules" mean...

And this is going to kitten a lot of people off but gw2's main mode is PvE so ofc it's going to get more content than other modes. that being said I wish they'd stop doing that and just let WvW players get the other armor sets as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

You're inferring it by saying including Woad armor as a WvW exclusive is some kind of scam against the folks that bought the game for PVE expecting literally EVERYTHING in an expansion to be solely for that game mode.

Noooo? I am inferring that when you sell a product whose focus is on certain content, then it's weird to put it exclusive to a mode that is not the content. I'm not against WvW getting exclusives dude chill out, but the fact remains that it's a very odd move to move an xpac set away from the xpac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

7 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

I get the feeling you don't understand what the word "rules" mean...

And this is going to kitten a lot of people off but gw2's main mode is PvE so ofc it's going to get more content than other modes. that being said I wish they'd stop doing that and just let WvW players get the other armor sets as well.

I do, no worries. If you accuse someone's marketing, you're doing it based on a set of rules you deem to be the standard of marketing (in this case: "whatever I think they promised me!"). Then you don't get EXACTLY what you wanted and throw a fit. You very much did (and still do) that based on the set of rules you made by yourself in order to push for what you want.

Doesn't matter what you think the main mode is. You keep avoiding "how much content was added where" because you understand you're not in the position to "demand even more" and complain that it's unfair that "the other mode/s got one set". "You bought expansion for pve" and you have... what, 98% of content in pve? Oh no. Almost as if even your "what's the most popular mode?" cheeky question doesn't change anything about it actually being pretty fair.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I do, no worries. If you accuse someone's marketing, you're doing it on set of rules you deem to be the standard of marketing. Then you don't get EXACTLY what you wanted and throw a fit. You very much did (and still do) tha tbased on the set of rules you made by yourself in order to push for what you want.

Doesn't matter what you think the main mode is. You keep avoiding "how much content was added where" because you understand you're not in the position to "demand even more" and complain that it's unfair that "the other mode/s got one set". "You bought expansion for pve" and you have... what, 98% of content in pve? Oh no.

it's hardly a fit bro i just find it weird. don't project you getting anxious on me disagreeing with you onto me. and i'll repeat, this whole "this side needs to get this and the other side needs to get screwed and shut up" is stupid, let WvW get their skins without being forced to PvE, and vice versa. it's a simple solution yet we have to pretend it's either or.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I'm not anxiours (speaking of projecting..? 😄 ), thanks. I'm glad they made it a bit more reasonable by lowering the needed repetitions of the same reward track and there's nothing wrong with an armor set being acquired outside of ow pve. Thanks anet!

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

Noooo? I am inferring that when you sell a product whose focus is on certain content, then it's weird to put it exclusive to a mode that is not the content. I'm not against WvW getting exclusives dude chill out, but the fact remains that it's a very odd move to move an xpac set away from the xpac

Gw2 is three pillars of game modes that leans to PVE... always has been always will be. As such, expansions will also have content exclusive to all 3 game modes... always has always will...

YOUR problem is that you are PVE focused and YOU feel content should be made solely to cater to you. That's not a development problem. That's not a marketing problem. That's  a YOU problem.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

YOUR problem is that you are PVE focused and YOU feel content should be made solely to cater to you. That's not a development problem. That's not a marketing problem. That's  a YOU problem.

have you intentionally ignored all i've said the past posts? i repeatedly mentioned i think both modes should have access to all armor sets lmao. This whole schadenfreude take people make when they're not on the short end of the stick is so petty

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

10 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

Multiple people already explained you why what you just wrote here again is wrong. I'm not sure if words are going through. You think expansion only should cater to pve (and even though you try deying it, that's clearly the position you're holding, even after specifically denying it) , but it doesn't and shouldn't. It's a GAME expansion, not MY OW PVE epxansion. Whatever you dreamed up for yourself is based only on what you want and not on what they marketed.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Multiple people already explained you why what you just wrote here again is wrong. I'm not sure if words are going through. You think expansion only should cater to pve (and even though you try deying it, that's clearly the position you're holding, even after specifically denying it) , but it doesn't and shouldn't. It's a GAME expansion, not MY OW PVE epxansion. Whatever you dreamed up for yourself is based only on what you want and not on what they marketed.

sorry but no, at this point you're just making false accusations. I have said many times that it's weird marketing. I have never said it should ONLY cater to Pve, you made that up. this is what I said, go back to all my posts and actually read instead of attacking some boogeyman in your head please:
- Marketing something within an expansion and making it exclusive to not playing the expansion content is dumb marketing, or at best very weird

- PvE is the main focus of the game, but making exclusives, and i'll add: especially with xpacs, is silly, let both modes be able to reap the rewards equally instead of forcing them to play modes they don't want to.

please for the love of god, read what I say, I am not using secret language, no secret inferring, that is all in your head. I won't respond anymore if you keep making up fake narratives. i beg you to read what you see, not what you think you see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

5 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

sorry but no, at this point you're just making false accusations. I have said many times that it's weird marketing. I have never said it should ONLY cater to Pve, you made that up. this is what I said, go back to all my posts and actually read instead of attacking some boogeyman in your head please:
- Marketing something within an expansion and making it exclusive to not playing the expansion content is dumb marketing, or at best very weird

- PvE is the main focus of the game, but making exclusives, and i'll add: especially with xpacs, is silly, let both modes be able to reap the rewards equally instead of forcing them to play modes they don't want to.

please for the love of god, read what I say, I am not using secret language, no secret inferring, that is all in your head. I won't respond anymore if you keep making up fake narratives. i beg you to read what you see, not what you think you see.

Sorry but no, I didn't. I could quote multiple posts where you did exactly that but I think it went far enough already and not much is going through anyways, so maybe I'll pass for now.
You bought the game for pve, so go play pve. Skin set being available in a gamemode that isn't ow doesn't change anything about it. Nothing about it goes against anything anyone said or how anything was marketed here. You're just making stuff up to fit whatever you want it to fit. Good luck!

Edited by Sobx.1758
. instead of ,
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sorry but no, I didn't. I could quote multiple posts where you did exactly that but I think it went far enough already and not much is going through anyways, so maybe I'll pass for now.
You bought the game for pve, so go play pve. Skin set being available in a gamemode that isn't ow doesn't change anything about it. Nothing about it goes against anything anyone said or how anything was marketed here. You're just making stuff up to fit whatever you want it to fit. Good luck!

okay so show me the quotes where i specifically say the things you accuse me of.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

Hello. I would like to talk about some WvW reward problem I have, maybe it can be fixed too. Not long time ago a new weapon set was released. It is called Corrupted Hero weapon set. To craft every weapon you need a precursor, which comes from Hero Weapon Reward Track. I unlocked all of them long time before, but I just destroyed weapon, since I got the skin anyway. I have to do the whole reward track again to be able to craft Corrupted Hero weapons. Is there any chance players who unlocked Hero Weapons can buy them from NPC? 
p.s. I remember something like that was already done before. With Boreal weapons.

Edited by Dumat.1479
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

okay so show me the quotes where i specifically say the things you accuse me of.

This whole comment chain started from you complaining about the "marketing" and how armor set isn't part of the product because it involves wvw, lmao. This is ridiculous. But, again, this is the expansion for the  game and not "ow pve that you only want to play so that's what it has to be!!".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

I appreciate that you guys are paying attention to the post and are trying to change the situation but why not put it outside wvw/pvp, @Rubi Bayer.8493? Lock it behind achievements, crafting, the new heart's reward achiev from JW, research notes..doesn't matter, we just want it to not be tied to competitive game modes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5