Guild Invites

As the title says, as of the 28th of August, I cannot invite folks to join a guild, if they only have 1/6 Guild Slots available. Tried it with both EU and NA accounts, different guilds, different officers of different guilds. Both with friended and non-friended accounts. Using the Player ID, or their character name.

I tested with a small sample size of guildmates and friends outside of guilds, and the same error pops up each time. NONE of them having pending guild invites, and the placement of the guild slot that is empty varies.

It's not letting me attach the screenshot, and I have no places to host the image. The error message that appears when I try to invite folks reads as follows: 

You have attempted to invite someone who has reached the maximum number of guild memberships. As a result, your invitation has not been delivered. For them to receive your invite, they will need to leave one of their current guilds or decline an unanswered invite. [OK]

I know it was working fine prior to the 28th, as I was in 6 guilds until the day of, or the day before the glitch was discovered.
Thanks for looking into this!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Hi,

I'm also having this problem, can't be invited to a guild despite only being in 5/6 and having no invites pending. I submitted a support ticket and was told the following: 

Hello,
The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: https://forum.guildwars2.com/
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Enaj
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Slightly underwhelming response, can only hope they fix soon.

I had this issue just now, no new invite and I was at 5/6 guilds

I worked around it by leaving another guild so that I had 2 slots open, and a second guild invite sent was received.  Just wanted to post this in case it can help someone else.

• Like 1

I left a guild to potentially join others, but they are unable to invite me because they claim my guild list is full when it's not. I am at 5/6 slots. I contacted anet and they are aware of the problem, but it has still not been fixed. Been several weeks now. Really annoying cause there's a guild I want to join badly and I'm unable to, nor do I want to sacrifice my other 5 slots in order to do so. 

Edited by Turbo Shek.5842