BIS Roaming

Anekto.8391

2 hours ago, Anekto.8391 said:

What is your go to profession and what do you like to roam on? If you are not running meta what meta do you encounter on your roams?

Look, initially I played a lot of Engi ,specifically the scrapper as soon as it was introduced into the game. Then Anet made some changes that I didn't like at all (imo it ruined that profession) and so I put it aside.
Today I mainly play warrior: I have 2 builds that I made and which basically are not the "usual reheated soup that "the meta proposes or that everyone generally runs with.
A berserker confiusion burst when I want to roam solo.
A spellbreaker for medium big scale roaming, versatile enough to have its own even in zergfight

I've played a bunch of classes and builds. The only ones I've never played that much are ele and rev.
I play the thief mainly to troll,when i feel like doing nothing lol : gear ministrel, perma evade and I get chased for hours

Edited by ilMasa.2546
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

A berserker confiusion burst when I want to roam solo.
A spellbreaker for medium big scale roaming, versatile enough to have its own even in zergfight

I've played a bunch of classes and builds. The only ones I've never played that much are ele and rev.
I play the thief mainly to troll,when i feel like doing nothing lol : gear ministrel, perma evade and I get chased for hours

A confusion burst? I think i have to log my warr and check skills where to find that confusion because im confused.

I think the people chasing a minstrel thief will eventually figure it out.

22 minutes ago, Anekto.8391 said:

A confusion burst? I think i have to log my warr and check skills where to find that confusion because im confused.

I think the people chasing a minstrel thief will eventually figure it out.

Chasing a thief in general is pointless even as a thief.

just dodge those dudes, don’t give em content. Easy.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Anekto.8391 said:

As the title suggests ! Which class is best in slot for roaming?

Are there trade offs between classes? What class is unnoticed for roamers and secretly op? As in not yet meta? Anyone wanna share some secrets?

EDIT:

I want to hear some opinions and discuss but if you can support it by data and logic i would be even more happy!

While roaming, I am not sure I would say there is a BiS, but more counter builds. Example, if roaming on a full melee warrior than Harbi would seem OP since you have to close distance, but then harbi with a ranged roamer is easy meat. Ele in general has lots of build variations so they are an unknown until you get into. All classes currently have roaming build options.  Personally if you are roaming and aren't using templates then I recommend a roaming build that can work solo, in a havoc and jumping into a zerg. You won't be meta but, if you intend to roam and be in and out, better to be ready to go back to being solo when splitting off and rejoining. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anekto.8391 said:

Very interesting and thanks for the insight! Didnt expect warrior in there tbh but i think its worth checking out how you describe it. Seen lots of thieves forever and seen lots of willbenders since release. I always had a soft spot for warrior players just because they seem to have chosen a class against very disadvantagous odds. Spear willbenders im basically encountering "all the time now". It seems to add a lot for ppl to change it up.

Spear on willbender is very good for dive bombing and if you can time your burst right, but its long cooldowns can be detrimental in longer fights. I usually swap around between gs/long bow/spear/mace shield depends on the situation. 

Spellbreaker is bursted for dueling - crazily hard to lock them down since they have good access to resistance and stability and mobility skills, tons of CC, and good sustain thanks to Full Counter. Staff already gives them crazy utilities (CC which can even be used to bait dodges, mobility, heals and boons, block, some damage as well), now they have the option for spear as well.

Shoutout to Spear Virtuoso, spear on mesmer is a welcome addition since they need a good power melee option. Haven’t got to try it out myself yet but I feel like they’re still not too difficult to chase down/lock down, although maybe that’s because I’m on THE FOTM class right now (willbender).

Anet if (and when) you nerf willbender please buff power herald. Unnerf sword 4 and/or incensed response and I’ll be happy 🙏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idolin.2831 said:

Staff already gives them crazy utilities (CC which can even be used to bait dodges, mobility, heals and boons, block, some damage as well), now they have the option for spear as well.

Yeah i think warrior are the winners of the last weapon additions! I tried staff war and it was super fun. I tried to make a zerg build with staff and hammer and it was not bad. I always felt at odds roaming warrior because well i can run two melee options ofc but having one melee and one ranged always feels like the better choice to be able to interact at distance with others. But i never liked bow or rifle. Rifle feels especially bad but bow is condi and somehow feels odd to play too! One experience i had when i tried roaming warrior and some server was camping our spawn ( great right!) i got a whisper telling me how much of a noob warrior i am! We fought at our spawn and they kept us locked out of ebg.