QOL Requests: New for 2024

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

This is because characters are on two different server clusters Eu and Na.

While the party system, guild system, mail and blacklion trading post are shared bettwen both clusters.

Why dont you start an account on the Eu server cluster to play with your friend?

Because I am not rich enough to buy all expansions again nor patient enough to unlock all the content I have already obtained? I only just got my first legendary within the past year despite playing the game on and off since launch. It would also, you know, be nice to be able to play with both my NA & EU friends at the same time if everyone is online without everyone needing an ALT account or some Voodoo trickery to make it work? There really shouldn't be a reason why he CAN'T guest into the NA servers or vice versa me to EU. It's really quite bizarre even the idea that I could invite him to my guild whilst he be completely unable to participate in ANY guild events technically from that standpoint as well.

6 minutes ago, Ghin.1653 said:

There really shouldn't be a reason why he CAN'T guest into the NA servers or vice versa me to EU.

It's a technical limitation due to the server groups for NA and EU being in separate server banks in two different geographic locations. Maybe there will be a fix for this at some point, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be. 

Things are getting better. When this game started, you had to be on the exact same server (e.g. Stormbluff Aisle) in order to play together. In those days guesting was a thing, but still only NA-NA or EU-EU. Now we don't need to do anything special to play with our friends using servers from the same geographic location. 

So maybe there could eventually be a fix for the different locations too, but since it probably requires connecting hardware at this point in time, it's fairly impractical due to an entire ocean being in between. 

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but I would like some sorting options for my characters in the character selection screen.
Or at least something to keep that list persistent and not make the last played character go to the left of that list. Maybe a drag and drop option to put my character slots in the position I want and something to keep them locked in that position

Edited by Sebian.2594
  • Like 3

Is it possible to add emotes to the "Novelties" tab from the hero window?

And in addition to that have a short key implemented that opens a wheel from your cursor position with some emotes, maybe something between 1-6, that can be selected from the Hero:Novelties - Emotes tab?

That would be a real QoL improvement to me, it could be used to have easier access to emotes for the Mad King event for example, and probably be well received by the role playing community.

Thanks

Edited by Terrorangel.1526
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, Ghin.1653 said:

My friend in the EU recently started playing GW2 and I am on NA servers. We can't play together AT ALL, despite being able to be in the same party. He can't even come over as a guest. He has other friends playing on the EU so he won't be migrating to the NA server but its extremely bizarre that we can legit be in the same party but not instance.

PLEASE either enable the ability for us to be a "Guest" on overseas servers so anyone with friends not in their region can hang out! Or just straight allow us to play with our overseas friends if we right click to "join their instance". Maybe even have some special hybrid instances that are specifically reserved for people that want to play with those overseas in PVE content! There really has to be some reasonable solution to this.

I heard that GW1 transferring servers is free, I hope they give it to GW2 too so Asian and OCX players can benefit.

• Sad 1