Who exactly is balancing classes at this point?

Mirage

• Split Surge: Reduced the might per hit from 2 to 1 in WvW only, and reduced the damage coefficient per hit from 0.45 to 0.36 in WvW only.

I'm sorry but was this actually an issue? It's pretty much the only kinda viable Mesmer dps spec in zergs (Virtuoso is kinda ok too I guess?). It isn't even viable in PvE and in PvP chrono is often... just better. 

- I've seen power mirage ran in zergs a few times, but they usually end up getting told to swap off. You can definitely get good numbers but then there's holosmith and several other classes that are going to do better than you and CAN SIT ON TAG. That means they don't have to deal with randomly getting picked off by some thief or getting like 4 condis thrown on you (love that power mesmer condi cleanse). 

- Was it good roaming? Pretty sure this is the only area where it could kinda... be annoying? If there's a small skirmish going on with a handful of people and everyone ignores you it could be pretty oppressive? But like the first point, aren't there literally other classes that are going to be a little more annoying to play against? I could bring a holosmith into a small fight and drop like 10-20k dps / 200k total in seconds. Or I could just willbenderxddd port onto some poor sod with stab and a bar full of boons and press 1-2 buttons to deal half their health bar. 

- In the past week, I've seen two power mirage players so it must not be an issue with a lot of people spamming / complaining about the spec (see willbender).

Unironically, did a dev get destroyed by the spec or something?

Edited by Bach From The Brink.2715
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

The beam is a unique skill that bypasses all projectile hate while doing respectable damage from range, that's probably why zergs hate it. And just as anything that zergs don't like, it's instantly removed from existence for merely being viable. 

Shout out to poor Transfusion Necro, gutted out of existence because of a dumb gamemode.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Eh, grab some concentration and might duration for mesmer mains and this ability was chefs kiss. Using both, I doubt the nerf will affect GS too much, will obviously change combo’s because of possible dmg nerf… but truthfully that ability is null and void compared to boonballs in WvW anyhow. It’s like it tickles unless you’re playing zerker like I am. They keep nerfing off tank support mesmer. So when I switch to power it’s slightly chipped. Like? What do you want us todo? Moa? And daze chain with confusion?? Guess so 

They have deleted all mesmer diversity with the last update. They want us to play spear or to reroll guardian, necro or ranger. Those 3 classes already having the best diversity and effectiveness. I'm finishing my legendaries and let mesmer down in a few weeks. Switching to the all time favored classes.

• Sad 1

Ironically built a mirage for the first time in anticipation of the celestial nerf, was usually the only one in my zergs. It was a lot of fun while it lasted but I don't even know what I want to do anymore. Getting both of my mains gutted in a single patch makes me just not want to play anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Rallicus.8367 said:

Ironically built a mirage for the first time in anticipation of the celestial nerf, was usually the only one in my zergs. It was a lot of fun while it lasted but I don't even know what I want to do anymore. Getting both of my mains gutted in a single patch makes me just not want to play anymore.

you also play warrior too?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rallicus.8367 said:

I've pretty thoroughly had my faith in the balance team thrown out with this nerf. It's actually criminal that power GS mirage was nerfed when there's so many specs ahead of it. I've been playing it on and off for like a year and even when I get good numbers on it, I'm pretty routinely being asked if I could swap to another spec. You just generate more dmg&downs, give out more utility, etc. with so many other things. 

And it's not a small slap on the wrist either, they straight up destroyed it for the 5 people who actually played it. 

Sounds like warrior also wasn't topping any dps charts in PvE but they smacked it down again, even though there's stuff ahead of it.  Apparently, there was some big GW2 YouTuber oozing about how broken spear warrior was in PvE which probably contributed? Hard to tell with how random some of the changes look. 

Edited by Bach From The Brink.2715
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Bach From The Brink.2715 said:

I've pretty thoroughly had my faith in the balance team thrown out with this nerf. It's actually criminal that power GS mirage was nerfed when there's so many specs ahead of it. I've been playing it on and off for like a year and even when I get good numbers on it, I'm pretty routinely being asked if I could swap to another spec. You just generate more dmg&downs, give out more utility, etc. with so many other things. 

Feels like Roy got destroyed by a couple of GS mirages in a GvG so he nerfed it. Really can’t see any reason for the split surge nerf than some dev having a bad experience personally and being unable to remain objective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4