Tales of the Lowland Wisps - Step 5 wisp gets stuck

I know there is a long thread about the bug where players were unable to complete the collection after interacting with wisps out of order. This seems to be a new bug, so I did not want it to get lost in the old thread.

The wisp in step 5 stops before reaching the end of its path and just spins in place. Walking away and going back to it, no change. Logging out and back in to start it over, same thing happens.

We were unable to test whether changing maps made a difference, but will try again when we have another chance.

• Like 3

This is also happening to me on the same step "Hidden near the cove where boats rest." Have reset it several times and it gets stuck in the same place on the shore a little ways from the torch. Changing maps did not fix it.

• Like 2

This happened to me also. Relogging didn't work. I noticed something funny though. When I walked past the rotating wisp back to the torch myself - my ranger pet wouldn't follow me and my mini would warp around.

Edit: Attacking a yellow Hermit Crab back there turns him red a second but if you back off he won't follow and he de-aggros.

Edited by Trojun.4751
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Trojun.4751 said:

This happened to me also. Relogging didn't work. I noticed something funny though. When I walked past the rotating wisp back to the torch myself - my ranger pet wouldn't follow me and my mini would warp around.

Edit: Attacking a yellow Hermit Crab back there turns him red a second but if you back off he won't follow and he de-aggros.

Sounds like something just went sideways with pathing in that area in general.

• Like 2

My encountered bug is also at step "Hidden near the cove where boats rest." Just lead me to the coast and stop. Moved away and see it spins up and down then stop. Moved back to it nothing happened. Same as some I did even quit game and relaunch to restart this part ended up the same. Tried last night and just and have a recording if needed but would be too large to upload. 

Tried on another alt this morning same issue. Waiting for Anet to get this fix otherwise cannot progress.

Screenshot 2024-10-13 091609.jpg

Edited by Winstane.1654
Upload screenshot/more info.
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, Tanek.5983 said:

Sounds like something just went sideways with pathing in that area in general.

Tried again today. This time tried casting the homestead portal just past the where the wisp gets stuck and it said "invalid location." Portal worked fine on the "good" side of the stuck wisp.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The wisp seems to dip a bit below the ground just before it stops. Perhaps the pathing gets it stuck below the texture level.

Another player and I were each trying to do step 5 just now and both of us got stuck at the same spot. The first time I got stuck there, the wisp repeatedly dipped in circles through that spot in the ground, a dark depression which looked like something had been removed from there. I logged off and back in, then started this step again and got stuck at the exact same place.

EDIT: Restarted the game and tried it for the third time. Stuck again in the same place. This time I was paying attention to my mech and it would not follow me to the end point of this step, even when I used the F7 Return To Me command. Clearly there is something in that little strip of the map that is stopping/blocking the wisp.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Thanks 1