bringing old arc divider back

Crowerus.5846

hello there in June 27, 2023 making arc divider striking 1 time instead of 3 and devs said it's bad for pvp health and latest patch another skill that threaten pvp again and it's name is Extirpate and come with unique buff/debuff called extirpation devs said we also delete extirpation due to health of pvp but ppl claim that  extirpation is unique and gimmick to spear necro so devs keep for pve even tho it's not effective as pvp version but okey atleast in pve it has unique gimmick.My question is can you do it for arc divider also making 3 strikes for pve i miss my mini bladestorm and right now playing dagger/dagger spellbreaker.(sorry for my english if it's bad it's not my primary language still try to learning tho)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Most people miss the 3-hit Arc Divider and want it back, Anet has made it clear this isnt happening via lack of response and reasoning.

Thats the main part people had an issue with, they gave no real reason for the Arc Divider change and still pushed it through in spite of the OVERWHELMING negative response to it.

Everyone is just assuming its because some dev got hit by it one too many times and sperged out, that seems to be the main reasoning for a lot of the changes at times frankly.

• Like 8

Just now, Myror.7521 said:

@WingSwipe.3084 think the reason was indeed that it would have been too good. Tho im still in tha mood that going in and out off Berserker should be baseline and not bound though a traitline ^^

Too good?

Even the HoT release version of Arc Divider was better then what we currently have to some degree.

The Eternal Champion trait should just be reworked and the ability be baseline, your right on that.

• Like 1

@WingSwipe.3084 Well yea ^^ No i meant the old 3 Hit Arc Divider was too good. The new one is kinda underwhelming it should at least grant some Fury lol. But also the entire Power berseker is kinda underwhelming.... with Axe burst also been kinda overnerfed 

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 1

Careful posting about Arc Divider.

The devs have made it clear they want it to be a single hit skill, despite overwhelmingly negative feedback from the community. Many have had their posts deleted and recieved warnings from mods.

Strangely, Anet never provided any clear reasoning for why they made the change in the first place.

Anyway, we are stuck with it now. I'd recommend playing blue class if you are looking to fulfill your spin-to-win fantasy on greatsword (Whirling Wrath). 

Actually, I'd recommend playing blue class in general 😂 Warrior is hardly worth the struggle anymore.

Edited by Grith.9534
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Smoothpine.1895 said:

When I came back to GW2, It was long after they changed Arc Divider and before I could get the Berserker Elite Specialization. So I never got to experience it as it originally was.

So cool...

It was so much fun, in PvE is CHUNKED mob packs and made open world really fun for the Zerker fantasy.

Its nerf change is a pain point for power zerkers all over.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Grith.9534 said:

Careful posting about Arc Divider.

The devs have made it clear they want it to be a single hit skill, despite overwhelmingly negative feedback from the community. Many have had their posts deleted and recieved warnings from mods.

Strangely, Anet never provided any clear reasoning for why they made the change in the first place.

Anyway, we are stuck with it now. I'd recommend playing blue class if you are looking to fulfill your spin-to-win fantasy on greatsword (Whirling Wrath). 

Actually, I'd recommend playing blue class in general 😂 Warrior is hardly worth the struggle anymore.

They made the change, allegedly, because the PvE benchmark felt like it was trapped in a long animation and slowed down the swap back to axe.

Which is BS because:

1. You would have quickness, and with quickness the 3 spins were fast
  2. 100Blades even with quickness takes too long, and is the main reason people were stuck in GS prior to swapping.

That and honestly, a LOT of changes they've been making on warrior have not been well received lately. The release versions of Staff and Spear were well received grant it, but they've been dumpstering them since release along with other fun aspects of warrior.

They don't want to get rid of quickness and alacrity, despite them admitting they were wrong to introduce them as boons in the first place, because they don't want to take away the fun factor, but they seem to have no problem taking away warrior's fun factor...

• Thanks 5

57 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

It would be insane to think that devs who nerfed Spearmarshal's Support skill so hard would even think about restoring Arc Divider to 3 hits.

You will probably have more luck asking for more mace buffs...

Seeing as they really want us to play OH mace, then you might actually be successful in asking for more mace buffs.

Around 95% of all warriors want the 3 Spin back.
Unfortunately, there is no point in writing in the forum.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING has been implemented in the proposals for the warrior in the last 3 years.
I really miss the old balancing team, they did a much better job.

• Like 4

On 10/12/2024 at 10:59 AM, Trippler.3489 said:

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING has been implemented in the proposals for the warrior in the last 3 years.

Lets not be hasty, they did make some good implementations but most have been lackluster or didnt correct underlying issues.

And im pretty sure you don't want the old balance team back, didn't they rig sPvP/WvW in their favor for most tournaments, its not something the current dev team wou... oh.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2024 at 8:25 AM, Smoothpine.1895 said:

When I came back to GW2, It was long after they changed Arc Divider and before I could get the Berserker Elite Specialization. So I never got to experience it as it originally was.

So cool...

The good ol' days:(

On 10/12/2024 at 3:59 AM, Trippler.3489 said:

Just when it comes to spear, and they removed a bunch of features in like 2 months lmao

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 8:49 AM, Trippler.3489 said:

It's exactly what the current balancing team is doing

That’s the joke.

5 hours ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Just when it comes to spear, and they removed a bunch of features in like 2 months lmao

Ranged weapon that only does damage, slight cc and evades.

”Let’s nerf the damage!” 

Ranged weapon that does slight cc and evades.

”Let’s nerf the CC skill to have an almost unviable cooldown!”

Ranged weapon that evades.

”Lets remove the evade!”

Ranged weapon that… has range. It does some damage in PvE at least.

”Lets nerf PvE damage!”

My honest reaction:

IMG_3491.jpeg.76f0388839a27227a11cb9f906a49f55.jpeg

Its fine, not like other spears can do damage, aoe damage, heal, cleanse, apply condis, give boons, cc… oh wait.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

That’s the joke.

Ranged weapon that only does damage, slight cc and evades.

”Let’s nerf the damage!” 

Ranged weapon that does slight cc and evades.

”Let’s nerf the CC skill to have an almost unviable cooldown!”

Ranged weapon that evades.

”Lets remove the evade!”

Ranged weapon that… has range. It does some damage in PvE at least.

”Lets nerf PvE damage!”

My honest reaction:

IMG_3491.jpeg.76f0388839a27227a11cb9f906a49f55.jpeg

Its fine, not like other spears can do damage, aoe damage, heal, cleanse, apply condis, give boons, cc… oh wait.

When you put it all like that, it's almost as if they hate Warrior, with an undying passion.
But that couldn't be it, right? Right?

Joking aside, I have to wonder why Warrior is in this position in the first place.
Why can't we just have something nice, for once, for Warrior.
What is their grudge against this profession? 

• Like 1