Played on EU one day AMA

XenesisII.1540

Some details...

Started a free to play account in EU to play with a friend.

Got it to level 60-80 a couple hours and got in wvw just after reset.

Chose the T1 green server to see how much action is up there.

Used cooking, jewel crafting, artificer to speed 9-14 levels from each (I cheated and got mats from main account).

Still gearing, it's very painful.

No mount very painful, running mesmer with focus for swiftness and mimic and blink for mobility.

During NA prime, saw a group of 6 red pugs that went to cata wildcreek... they went from RQ side, one cata dropped facing the camp... they eventually turned it around and now with two cata's start cataing the non breakable wall........ yes the left wall...... this went on for a good 2-3 mins before our zerg eventually responded. Can't say I've seen anything that bad in NA in some time.

Gank groups all around, particularly duo thieves, sometimes also a catalyst or willbender with them too. Willbenders are aggressive jumping into groups to try and one shot them.... worked once on pugs, hasn't worked yet on an actual group...

So far zergs are smaller than NA, they're not running super 70 blobs.

Commanders are just as bad as NA, stand in one spot and pewpew until boons run out. Sometimes stand in the middle of two groups to pewpew and letting support try and carry them, they don't seem to care about positioning. 

Running EU prime on sat, can't say it's any better than NA. Green home is being pummeled no one cares to defend it, two queues for ebg and bluebl.

zUntitled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

That's a fair estimation.

Thanks for sightseeing.

P.S. Would be interested to have updates to this thread, like some travel diary...

I can drop a few more updates, not sure how long will be playing on there, since the lag monster has hit my friend, getting 600 ping and rubberbanding in zerg fights, been fine for me though. Average 113 ping right now, it's not as bad I thought it would be, haven't noticed any skill lag yet.

There's been tags up in ebg for about 3-4 hours now, home eventually got recapped, took about 3 hours to do so, red seems to be running amok on multiple maps.

Groups, even pugmanders seem to be using portal/stealth tactics more often than NA, I guess NA just doesn't give a kitten anymore, just throw numbers into the fight.

Scouting seems hit and miss like NA.

Ganks groups around all the time, 2-3 thief/willbender/zerker type players.

I noticed people going down right next to groups and not even getting an easy F res, really kills the community feel unless you're in a guild, same as NA.

I can imagine this experience for a brand new player on a free to play account would be extremely rough, and very hard to convince to stay in wvw unless they pick up a guild, at least getting HoT/PoF for the mount (and auto loot) is a huge advantage. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I can drop a few more updates, not sure how long will be playing on there, since the lag monster has hit my friend, getting 600 ping and rubberbanding in zerg fights, been fine for me though. Average 113 ping right now, it's not as bad I thought it would be, haven't noticed any skill lag yet.

There's been tags up in ebg for about 3-4 hours now, home eventually got recapped, took about 3 hours to do so, red seems to be running amok on multiple maps.

Groups, even pugmanders seem to be using portal/stealth tactics more often than NA, I guess NA just doesn't give a kitten anymore, just throw numbers into the fight.

Scouting seems hit and miss like NA.

Ganks groups around all the time, 2-3 thief/willbender/zerker type players.

I noticed people going down right next to groups and not even getting an easy F res, really kills the community feel unless you're in a guild, same as NA.

I can imagine this experience for a brand new player on a free to play account would be extremely rough, and very hard to convince to stay in wvw unless they pick up a guild, at least getting HoT/PoF for the mount (and auto loot) is a huge advantage. 

That's what happens when a company moronifies their game. People don't rez because they literally have no clue what they're doing and just grab what metabattle tells them and spam the skills. Additionally as part of a boonball they have 0 awareness at all.

This is what frustrates me about ANet and their obsession with low skill boon balls. If I get killed be someone because they outplayed me, fair, I won't be happy but whatever. Being killed by a brain dead moron just pressing buttons that pull and kill people while paying no attention to the game? Yeah no, that annoys me and it's not the player that I'm annoyed at, it's the "balance" team who make it unfun.

You should try multiple match ups and relinks, going T1 is always going to be a warped experience either on the way up, down or when you're there all the time.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

As someone who plays on Fortune Vale, Tier 1 EU. 
One day don't really show you how it really is here. We have busier days and prime times where all teams are doing their guild and alliance raids and then it's usually 50 in a squad, or two squads 30 + 30 etc. In my alliance, we don't stay in one spot and spam boons, we are always coordinated on discord to ''dance'' together and we move left, right, north, south.. You name it. 
Guild raids are usually on specific days and prime time is  between 7:30 pm - 10pm, that's when most of it happens.. The  tags you can see on less busier time of the day like afternoon, early evening. May be more disorganized and can be a lil chaotic ngl.. 

The latest teams especially red have been going with a squad of 60, so ofc at certain points we are outnumbered. The other day blue and red team worked together to take our keep. They didn't fight each other once just pushed on us..  I do think what you are referring to sounds like straight up pug commanders who isn't in the alliance and most likely not on voice either. I have noticed a few of those and they have no tactic in place..

Downed people will always be attempted to be rezzed by a mesmer or temp, and F rezzing is always commanded on discord when the commanders legit say: F F F F !! So this takes me back to, I do think it's pug commanders you are referring to! Pug commanders with lots of puggies are kind of bound to go wrong and messy imo!

Too bad you didn't get to experience a WvW night with my alliance. It's calm, friendly and we get the stuff done and most importantly we do enjoy our time in WvW! 🙂 

I personally wouldn't recommend a new player to WvW to start on Tier 1 anyway! 

Summary.. Yes Fortune Vale can be a lil chaotic and hectic, but it can also be really interesting and fun..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/19/2024 at 9:07 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Some details...

Started a free to play account in EU to play with a friend.

Got it to level 60-80 a couple hours and got in wvw just after reset.

Chose the T1 green server to see how much action is up there.

Used cooking, jewel crafting, artificer to speed 9-14 levels from each (I cheated and got mats from main account).

Still gearing, it's very painful.

No mount very painful, running mesmer with focus for swiftness and mimic and blink for mobility.

During NA prime, saw a group of 6 red pugs that went to cata wildcreek... they went from RQ side, one cata dropped facing the camp... they eventually turned it around and now with two cata's start cataing the non breakable wall........ yes the left wall...... this went on for a good 2-3 mins before our zerg eventually responded. Can't say I've seen anything that bad in NA in some time.

Gank groups all around, particularly duo thieves, sometimes also a catalyst or willbender with them too. Willbenders are aggressive jumping into groups to try and one shot them.... worked once on pugs, hasn't worked yet on an actual group...

So far zergs are smaller than NA, they're not running super 70 blobs.

Commanders are just as bad as NA, stand in one spot and pewpew until boons run out. Sometimes stand in the middle of two groups to pewpew and letting support try and carry them, they don't seem to care about positioning. 

Running EU prime on sat, can't say it's any better than NA. Green home is being pummeled no one cares to defend it, two queues for ebg and bluebl.

zUntitled.jpg

Red killed the match with teams being uneven, afaik a majority are waiting for reshuffle, there was more action on the prior weeks but that's to be expected when Anet still can't even the teams with this new WR system

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morriigen.4825 said:

I personally wouldn't recommend a new player to WvW to start on Tier 1 anyway!

Well I'm not a new player, and it really doesn't matter where you start these days since the mode all about guilds now.

The memorable part of the vacation was watching people cataing the wrong wildcreek wall, everything else was pretty much the same.

Back in NA now cause friend got their account back, and it feels better having a mount and auto loot.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 10/19/2024 at 9:07 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

During NA prime

NA prime is either the darkest night of EU (if you're east coast-ish) or early morning (if you are west coast-ish). You can maybe get some slightly above dead hours action if you can catch the early hours of a weekend.

On 10/19/2024 at 8:07 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

You probably chose the wrong Team/server to play on and not just the Tier, but it looks likely they are outnumbered a bit by reds, even with a 400+ person alliance, who are only active only a 2-3 hours a day usually and one lead during the morning and sometimes EU early afternoon who will try to defend, although he will swap maps after a few wipes.

The gank groups are sadly not only exclusive to t1 though, with the annoying willbenders trying to dive in and out of zergs, but the worse is in T3 with the cloud of roamers you avoided.

12 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well I'm not a new player, and it really doesn't matter where you start these days since the mode all about guilds now.

The memorable part of the vacation was watching people cataing the wrong wildcreek wall, everything else was pretty much the same.

Back in NA now cause friend got their account back, and it feels better having a mount and auto loot.

🤷‍♂️

I see now I wrote that wrong, I didn't mean you were a new player to WvW not at all.  Was reading another comment earlier up, who was commenting on that and I was just agreeing to that, and I should've made that clear. Apologies for that. 

• Like 1