New Icon for Mystic Salvage Kit

I always put my Mystic Kit in the same spot on each character (the first spot on their inventory besides shared slots) so I never have trouble identifying it or anything. But I do agree its kind of lame that one of the best salvage kits in the game just reuses the icon from the worst salvage kit in the game, and it certainly doesn't look "mystic".

@kamykaze.5904 said:If you enable item rarity it has a yellow border. There is no confusion at all. :astonished:

I'm not confused, I'm just saddened. All sorts of (literally) junk items that are used once for a collection got new icons, but the go-to kit for salvaging rares still looks the same as it did day 1.

edit: addedI forgot to mention that (a) I don't use crude kits ever and (b) even if I did, I use the "salvage all rares" option on the Mystic kit, so I never have to worry about clicking, let alone mis-clicking. In this case, it's all about the lack of shininess as a matter of principle, not because the game (or the community) needs this. It's definite low, low priority, but ANet has made several updates to icons of (in my opinion) lesser importance.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@kamykaze.5904 said:If you enable item rarity it has a yellow border. There is no confusion at all. :astonished:

I'm not confused, I'm just saddened. All sorts of (literally) junk items that are used once for a collection got new icons, but the go-to kit for salvaging rares still looks the same as it did day 1.

Well, i myself wouldn't need a new icon for it, but if ArenaNet decides to improve it, i'm the last one to say no.So, good luck that a red one sees your post and thinks about it. :)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

edit: added
I forgot to mention that (a) I don't use crude kits ever and (b) even if I did, I use the "salvage all rares" option on the Mystic kit, so I never have to worry about clicking, let alone mis-clicking. In this case, it's all about the lack of shininess as a matter of principle, not because the game (or the community) needs this. It's definite low, low priority, but ANet has made several updates to icons of (in my opinion) lesser importance.

While I completely agree with you, I also think this could be confusing for new players who don't yet have the established habits that vets have, might not know about enabling the rarity tell, and could conceivably have both kits in their inventory.

Archived