Winter's Presence collection too expensive to complete

Dreddo.9865

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 7:26 PM, Donari.5237 said:

I'm sorry some of the responses were unkind.  I also could not do that puzzle for years.  It was only last year that I learned the right hand platform as you enter, the one with a big stuffed quaggan on it, has non-disappearing flakes that would let me take occasional moments to recenter my mouse on my pad.  I set to working on that path.  And it wasn't easy.  I got sweaty hands, shaky muscles, a sore neck from craning at the screen.  I fell constantly (mostly on the candy cane parts, I suck at jumping onto narrow bars due to how I need my camera set vs motion sickness).  A few times I'd make it to the campfire, and get obliterated once past it (darn those disappearing presents and rolling snowboulders).  I made sure to monitor how I was physically doing and just stop my attempts if I got too tense, which might mean only a couple of fifteen minute sessions a day.

But I made it.  And when I made it once, I was encouraged to do it again.  Enough times for the achieve, enough times for Winter's Presence.  Enough to do it as a daily, even!  I haven't touched it this year except to show it to a friend and probably won't try it since I have tendonitis in my left hand and don't need to make that worse.

I hope you can try it.  Just in little bursts.  Just learning the timing.  There is time to stop and breathe on the flakes, to readjust your mouse.  You can't just afk up there but if a particular spot is tricky you will have some room to take your time on it.  If you don't go for it, that's fine too.  The Winter's Presence snow can cause motion sickness, it's not a must have!

Again, 300 attempts.  Failed each attempt before finishing the first leg which ends at the fire leading to the exploding presents.  It doesn't matter which path I take... I die before getting to the fire.  300 times.  I ask you... if you crashed your car say 30 times.... in a row .. crashing every time you went on the road... would you get in for a 31st?    Now multiply that by 10.  That's where I'm at with the Winter JP.  

GW2 is a game.  Games are supposed to be FUN.  This is the holiday season.  The Season of Gift GIVING.  I find it in the poorest taste that Arena Net has not, after several years of me and Others posting complaints about Winter's Presence, made some sort of alternative to the JP requirement.  Take the Halloween JP... you can MAKE the boots etc via crafting, instead of doing the evil JP.  Why is it SO hard to transfer that concept to the Winter's Prescence?   Wait, IT'S NOT.  

And.. for the record.... just tried another 10 or so times.. and wait, you guessed it... died before the fire.. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

One can NOT get a sense of accomplishment trying to do something they JUST DO NOT HAVE THE TALENT TO DO.   See my driving example if you have any questions.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1