Why are warriors absent in WvW?

Hitman.5829

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Spectre.5287 said:Use a rifle and longbow combo with battle standards to support your group as it will greatly help when under siege and laying siege to enemy forts. Avoid trying to roam around alone as that's when you're easy prey try staying in big groups as chances are people will ignore you or not notice you. Ranged is king in WvW and groups that travel in that comp have a very high chance of winning most of the time.

Yea lets go full range, no one needs mobility in WvW.You might want to swap your elite skill to avatar of melandru aswell, to make the build even more complete.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:Warriors are only absent in zergs and blobs. Outside of that, warriors are wrecking roamers. They have so much mobility, stuns and stun-breaks it's pretty much one sided in most duels. Not to forget that they are naturally tankier (cuz warrior?). I often see warriors taking on a few enemies and come out the winner. I even went 2v1 against a warrior and he beat both of us (daredevils).

Unless you run into a daredevil, who's invisible 99% of the time, as a result, these stuns of ours don't land, and we can hardly run away because daredevils can literally spam stuns

lolwut

Essentially, the meta boiled down to four classes being best for WvW (Guardian, Necro, Elementalist, Revenant) with a splash of Mesmer and four being unwanted fluff (Thief, Warrior, Engineeer, Ranger). Luckily the unwanted fluff make pretty good roamers - Thief and Engineers with invisi + burst, Warrior able to CC people into submission, and Ranger sniping... but everyone would like their favorite class to be wanted in a Zerg.

This^ I had quit a little after HOT and came back 2 months ago, scrolling through the zerg squad...at the very bottom you will see the Thief, Engi, Ranger and War parties.

@Andrixflair.7348 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well, the reason why I don't WvW with my Warrior main of five+ years is simple:

Classes with mechanics like stealth or teleports and all that fancy stuff simply run circles around me. The straightforwardness and relative simplicity of the Warrior is fine in PvE, but terrible in PvP. You're pretty much forced to run with a Greatsword just to have any kind of chance to catch up.

I will jump in all the time with a Warrior but this here has shown true all the way. I wont shy away from it still but man, chasing down thiefs and such is fun and annoying at the same time.

Never chase the rabbits.

1. Usually not worth it in the end.
  2. Probably a trap.
  3. Breaks up the group.
  4. Probably a trap.

Also, warriors can bring lots to a group, but as with all things, its in how they are played.

Archived