Ele WvW build?

Leyla.8692

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Guizao.4167" said:Since weaver gets sword (melee wep), you try a tank frontline setup and "abuse" the condi clear potential the Weaver traitline has, but you will always slot water traitline for that.

Notice that I left a blank traitline: it's your choice. If you want more tankiness based on your toughness then choose Earth. Fast dancing between attunements go for Arcane, and it will also gets you more boons. Everytime you apply swiftness or superspeed to yourself you will also get regeneration, and everytime you get regeneration you will cleanse one condition. Never forget to use your soft CC skills to pop both swiftness and superspeed.

What exactly would the point of this build be? High precision but base crit damage? why? I would also say that Dagger is better than Focus if you're group fighting, the fact you have 2.4k+ toughness you should be bunker enough to not need Focus defense. No stun breaks. No mobility. No healing power. 2K power is going to be meh when you have base crit damage.

Changes i would make:

Kept the same trait lines, changed one trait in Minor Weaver, changed weapon stats, most armour stats and a few accessories. Changed Heal and swapped out Unravel (it sucks...) and picked Twist of Fate

This build was made to coordinate zergs and poke enemy zergs. It can easily tank most of enemy hits and the amount of stunbreaks is enough, but need to be used carefully. You also have the evades sword provides. Primordial Stance should be used while attuned to water to make the most of Elemental Pursuit. Cleasing condis shouldn't be a problem either. The changes you made to the build are aimed towards offensive playstyles. It works too :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swap the infusions for WvW versions, they will add either +1% damage to NPCS or -1% damage taken from NPCS agony is kinda wasted in WvW ;)You can only have either Bloodlust OR Perception. You cant use both. I would say go with Bloodlust and then use the other one for something else. You would have lots of options from what you could use. My vote would be Hydromancy or Gyomancy. Remember you will need a water weapon with the same stacking sigil or you will lose the stacks every time you go into water.

Stats and skills look pretty solid to me. I would however, personally swap Arcane Brilliance for something else. Its just not that great. You would need to use it with 5 targets in range AND on a Waterfield or something to get as good healing as some of the other healing skills.

Swap the infusions for WvW versions, they will add either +1% damage to NPCS or -1% damage taken from NPCS agony is kinda wasted in WvW ;)You can only have either Bloodlust OR Perception. You cant use both. I would say go with Bloodlust and then use the other one for something else. You would have lots of options from what you could use. My vote would be Hydromancy or Gyomancy. Remember you will need a water weapon with the same stacking sigil or you will lose the stacks every time you go into water.

Stats and skills look pretty solid to me. I would however, personally swap Arcane Brilliance for something else. Its just not that great. You would need to use it with 5 targets in range AND on a Waterfield or something to get as good healing as some of the other healing skills.

I know about WvW version. Just chose whatever with the same main stats. :pThere shouldn't be Bloodlust and Perception together. My bad. Probably forgot to change Perception on Sigil of Cleansing. I'll think about Arcane Brilliance. Most of the time I have more than 5ppl around, but I also look at Glyph and Stance.

@Leyla.8692 said:I know about WvW version. Just chose whatever with the same main stats. :pThere shouldn't be Bloodlust and Perception together. My bad. Probably forgot to change Perception on Sigil of Cleansing. I'll think about Arcane Brilliance. Most of the time I have more than 5ppl around, but I also look at Glyph and Stance.

Sigil of Cleansing wont be needed, you will have enough condi removal with the Weaver and water traits. If you're in a group then the Stance will be better as it will be able to heal you and allies, where as Arcane brilliance will only heal you. Yes it has the added ferocity and condition buts just not worth it. I would also consider swapping Arcane Power for Arcane Blast. This will allow you to have the uptime on the ferocity MUCH more. Though Power does grant more Ferocity and a little bit to allies the up time isnt as good. Do allies gain the condition aspect as well?

The earth build is interesting and surely offers a great deal of armor, but I have recently shied away from excessive toughness/armor in favor of more condi and healing for my roaming weaver. I also like a bit more power in my builds - an attempt to balance direct damage with condi in cases where opponents have good condi cleanse or high armor you will still dish out consistent damage. Here' my roamer - its got a hodgepodge or equipment because I built it with whatever gear I had acquired over the past year or so lol (still in progress upgrading pieces to ascended as well), but the stats are where I wanted them generally. Maybe this will offer some insight as I have found this works well with sword weavers condi capabilities combined with its sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYncMAdOgF5CGOA8RgFBALIAEKfAEdhkQV4+VPrz1A-jVjAQBYVFmDpDAAnAAEqiwAeAAnV5RBVFQfaBSoKB2UJIM2fAIqBASlYkCwPlVA-w

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Do allies gain the condition aspect as well?

Doubt it honestly...

@"ghettogenius.9174" said:The earth build is interesting and surely offers a great deal of armor, but I have recently shied away from excessive toughness/armor in favor of more condi and healing for my roaming weaver. I also like a bit more power in my builds - an attempt to balance direct damage with condi in cases where opponents have good condi cleanse or high armor you will still dish out consistent damage. Here' my roamer - its got a hodgepodge or equipment because I built it with whatever gear I had acquired over the past year or so lol (still in progress upgrading pieces to ascended as well), but the stats are where I wanted them generally. Maybe this will offer some insight as I have found this works well with sword weavers condi capabilities combined with its sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYncMAdOgF5CGOA8RgFBALIAEKfAEdhkQV4+VPrz1A-jVjAQBYVFmDpDAAnAAEqiwAeAAnV5RBVFQfaBSoKB2UJIM2fAIqBASlYkCwPlVA-w

Do you really feel ok with such a low toughness during big fights? Or it's mostly for roaming?

@Leyla.8692 said:Do you really feel ok with such a low toughness during big fights? Or it's mostly for roaming?

For small scale or 1vX engagements I think its fine as you offset with bigger heals and barriers while taking less damage, but its obviously a sacrifice of sorts. My goal was to achieve some sort of sustain while still being able to apply pressure and of course deal with incoming condies. Perhaps I feel as if I've progressed to the point where I dont need additional toughness as a crutch anymore - not sure. I also like runes of durability too and Ill probably replace balthazar with those eventually ... but balth runes are dirt cheap and really make those burns hurt. It may be hard to give them up.

@ghettogenius.9174 said:

For small scale or 1vX engagements I think its fine as you offset with bigger heals and barriers while taking less damage, but its obviously a sacrifice of sorts. My goal was to achieve some sort of sustain while still being able to apply pressure and of course deal with incoming condies. Perhaps I feel as if I've progressed to the point where I dont need additional toughness as a crutch anymore - not sure. I also like runes of durability too and Ill probably replace balthazar with those eventually ... but balth runes are dirt cheap and really make those burns hurt. It may be hard to give them up.

I see. I'm looking for a build for big scale fights when I'm on a tag all the time, so I'm always in the middle of a huge mess with a lot of pressing damage and condi.

@Leyla.8692 said:Do you really feel ok with such a low toughness during big fights? Or it's mostly for roaming?

Not a great Roaming build as sword has terrible direct damage. That sort of build could be made to work with changes though. Got good Damage and Condition damage but against many people that level toughness would mean the ele would melt. I would say its more aimed for group fights. Where toughness and self defense isnt needed as much, as long as you have good people with you. Even then, there are a few things that i would personally change

Not a great Roaming build as sword has terrible direct damage. That sort of build could be made to work with changes though. Got good Damage and Condition damage but against many people that level toughness would mean the ele would melt. I would say its more aimed for group fights. Where toughness and self defense isnt needed as much, as long as you have good people with you. Even then, there are a few things that i would personally change

Well to be fair, no one playing sword/x weaver is doing it because its optimal. I play it because I like the play style and theme involved and was just trying to maximize its effectiveness in the capacity I use it most (wvw). Plus, it totally infuriates other players when they get stomped by a weaver lol.

But yeah, as far as OP in concerned, if you're just on a tag all day then I would probably roll zerker staff with some soldier mixed in.

@ghettogenius.9174 said:Well to be fair, no one playing sword/x weaver is doing it because its optimal. I play it because I like the play style and theme involved and was just trying to maximize its effectiveness in the capacity I use it most (wvw). Plus, it totally infuriates other players when they get stomped by a weaver lol.

But yeah, as far as OP in concerned, if you're just on a tag all day then I would probably roll zerker staff with some soldier mixed in.

Well, being someone that plays Sword/Dagger. I can attest to that being true.The OP is going to be small gorups of like 5 or so from what i understand. Of course mindless Staff is MILES better if you are zerging. As it always has been lol

I hope I got this right,You want to play mainly in Zergs with you build?In that case none of the builds posted here will work well - of course it's hard to rate how good a build performs in WvW, with your initial version of your build you'd certainly be able to stay alive for quite a while and tag many enemies during your lifetime which will probably feel good if you're looking to gain WxP but you won't contribute much of value in a fight since your initial build is only focused on condi dmg in a meta that has to deal with way higher condi pressure than what you can dish out - so any group of enemies will most likely be able to shrug off your conditions since you can't apply them as fast as other dominant builds like Scourge which most players are prepared to face.Your second build has a more hybrid nature and would probably perform decently in small group fights beeing the annoying one that somehow stays alive throughout the entire fight but doesn't really do enough damage to be focused anyway (Although thats a l2p issue with most weavers, you can actually do good damage with builds like those) but for a large zerg fight that build will likely just get swallowed by hammer rev's and scourges and in general you will have severe issues with cc.

If you want to participate in large fights as Ele there are probably only two ways to go unfortunatly (maybe 3).You can play Aura Tempest and provide Auras for your party and heal like crazy while providing healing rain for your team and impairing the enemies with Unsteady Ground and Static Field.Or, you can play Staff Weaver in the backline and provide insane damage if you're not dealt with (but you are very squishy so dealing with you isn't too hard) - I love playing this because it's an extremely powerful build that can change a lot in a fight if you play well while at the same time you can very easily be punished and thus be useless.

and the somewhat third option would be gimmicky one-shot-weaver You start in Fire/Earth, approach enemies from sneaky position, start channeling earth 5 and activate Arcane Power+Armor of Earth+Lightning Flash into enemies shortly before Earth 5 finished and at the same time you swap to Fire/Fire, if that didn't work you try your best to survive and probably die anyway, if it worked then you should stand on a pile of corpses.

There is 3 "meta" builds on ele now, it's weaver builds that are all underpowered but the best you can do with ele.

• If you are alone or with 1 - 2 - 3 people, the meta is sword/dagger weaver with water/arcane/weaver, it's a tanky-damage build. Spellbreaker and hybrid Firebrand are better.

• If you are in a 3-10 man group, go Fresh Air weaver glass canon with air/arcane/weaver. It's extremely high damage but u need to have good teamates for not being focused and being condi clear cuz u have none ololol Thief and Mesmer are better.

• If you zerg go staff ele, glass canon AoE style, you alsi need teamates cuz ur a long castime glass ele. Hammer revenant is better.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I hope I got this right,You want to play mainly in Zergs with you build?

He wants to be in like a small gorup, like 5 or so. So staff ele is kinda pointless. The One shot kinda builds wont be too great in such situations either. They work better in mindless zerg groups where players are more interested in spamming everything they have rtaher than looking around them. Such builds are SO easy to counter in this situation. You would have to be somewhere unseen for something like that to work and thats WAY too situational .

I run Sword/Dagger myself and find zerg surfing to be easy, id rather be up in the thick of it than mindlessly spamming from ranged. It has the defense and damage needed, just make sure you are in the second wave of attack and you're golden lol

@Aedaryl.3195 said:

• If you are alone or with 1 - 2 - 3 people, the meta is sword/dagger weaver with water/arcane/weaver, it's a tanky-damage build. Spellbreaker and hybrid Firebrand are better.

I'd agree with Spellbreaker. But the same can be said for any bunker Warrior build due to having MUCH better sustain than most classes, better in pretty much every way than most glasses. Balance seems to ignore Warrior for some reason...

I would however disagree with Firebrand. While it has INSANE healing and bunker ability, the support one has no damage at all. I personally would take a Support Ele/Weaver./Tempest over a Firebrand.

Oh okay sorry, then I misread somewhere!For small groups I'd reccommend Sword/Dagger or Dagger/Dagger Weaver but that does take a lot of practice to be useful, most of the time you'll just stay alive throughout everything without contributing much.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:id rather be up in the thick of it than mindlessly spamming from ranged.

You shouldn't mindlessly spamm from ranged with Staff ele, then it's actually fun ;) I really enjoy playing Staff Ele in the backline because you can have such a visible high impact if you're playing well. Healing Rain is incredibly strong even without healing power, freezing field is easy to underestimate as well and Static Field as well as Unsteady Ground can often turn the tides especially paired with lightning rod trait (one good static field in the backline can cause serious trouble when followed up by meteor shower). I think Staff Weaver in WvW Backline is very easily the most underestimated build in the game. But it's true that you have to rely on allies a lot since you barely have any defensive tools.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:You shouldn't mindlessly spamm from ranged with Staff ele, then it's actually fun ;) I really enjoy playing Staff Ele in the backline because you can have such a visible high impact if you're playing well. Healing Rain is incredibly strong even without healing power, freezing field is easy to underestimate as well and Static Field as well as Unsteady Ground can often turn the tides especially paired with lightning rod trait (one good static field in the backline can cause serious trouble when followed up by meteor shower). I think Staff Weaver in WvW Backline is very easily the most underestimated build in the game. But it's true that you have to rely on allies a lot since you barely have any defensive tools.

Of course you shouldnt but its by far the EASIEST way to get loot bags and thats what most zerg players care about. Loot.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Leyla.8692 said:So if I understood correctly, there is no other option for ele in Zergs then Staff?

Minstrel aurashare heal-bot tempest

Wouldn't that still be using Staff as its the best to heal spam with?I personally when bored (or the roaming sucking...) run my normal Sword/Dagger build in Zergs and do just fine. Have the mobility to get in and out, the defenses and evades to avoid damage and know that you should always goo on the second push lol

@"Guizao.4167" said:

There are plenty actually. All you have to do is to find the playstyle that appeals to you and play accordingly. Use this site, it's the most useful tool to make builds.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Which I did, but apparently being useful only for myself isn't enough for party/squad play in WvW. And I don't like solo play.As far as I can see there isn't that much options. The only thing I have now in my head is why ArenaNet would be bothered creating so many skills and choices of weapon when, at the end of the day, I can be really useful using a very small variety of setups.

@Leyla.8692 said:Which I did, but apparently being useful only for myself isn't enough for party/squad play in WvW. And I don't like solo play.As far as I can see there isn't that much options. The only thing I have now in my head is why ArenaNet would be bothered creating so many skills and choices of weapon when, at the end of the day, I can be really useful using a very small variety of setups.

Too be honest. If you are zerging. Your build will mean nothing. You dont have to be in the zerg group to be able to help out, so even if they kick you (why would they!?) You could still follow, play the build YOU want to play and still help them. No matter what build ele has, no matter what weapons. They will ALWAYS offer something to groups. be it healing or boons, fire fields, water fields, Lightening fields, Ice fields. Basically many. Many fields. You will always offer something.

Staff isnt the ONLY option. It is however, the EASIEST option. Not that is a bad thing or anything, some of us however prefer not to take that route. When zerging i see ele using pretty much all the weapons we have because they ALL offer something to groups. Not a single weapon is self focused only. You WILL be useful to groups no matter your weapon choices. Because they ALL offer good group benefits.

I would say its more down to your server and/or commanders if you are being kicked from groups because of your build choices as an ele. Because. No matter the weapon you will offer to the group/zerg. When it comes to your heal, utilities and such that is when it can become a little more self focused but even then you will still have plenty of options that will help you AND help the group/zerg.

Staff isnt the ONLY option. It is however, the EASIEST option. Not that is a bad thing or anything, some of us however prefer not to take that route. When zerging i see ele using pretty much all the weapons we have because they ALL offer something to groups. Not a single weapon is self focused only. You WILL be useful to groups no matter your weapon choices. Because they ALL offer good group benefits.

I would say its more down to your server and/or commanders if you are being kicked from groups because of your build choices as an ele. Because. No matter the weapon you will offer to the group/zerg. When it comes to your heal, utilities and such that is when it can become a little more self focused but even then you will still have plenty of options that will help you AND help the group/zerg.

Feels like I'm a crying baby. Thanks for the candy, ArmageddonAsh.6430 :3Sorry for being so annoying, but sometimes it's better to hear others' opinions.

Thanks everyone for your attention and advice. <3

Peace ^^

Archived