Been gone 2 years question about current builds

Dabrixmgp.4758

Been gone for a really long time cause I had 2 birthday gifts in the mail lol. With the new Specialization Icons I couldnt really tell what any of the classes were. Had to tab out and after looking them up at least half our 30 man group were Firebrands. The other half were mostly Scourge Necros, Renegades/Heralds, and then some Tempest/Weavers. Only like 2 Mesmers and Warriors.

What happened to the good ole days of Hammer Trains? I miss watching like 2 dozen massive Char Warriors leaping into each other's zergs. What is so good about Firebrands? There were always a decent number of Guardians but there were always more Warriors. Now its like 75% Guardians and 5% Warriors lol. Whats up with those Revenant specializations considering that wasnt even a class when I quit. Necros and Eles were always popular in large scale battles so just gonna ignore them since I mainly wanna know what makes those others so good.

Well we still technically have "hammer" trains. The bread and butter of most pirateships is the hammer rev. Firebrand is so popular for a few reasons:

1)Godly amounts of sustain

• Lots of stab
  • lots of healing
  • condi clear
  • boon spam
  • pulsing resistance
  • now with 1200 range aoe instant res.

2) versatilityBurn firebrand is amongst the highest dps builds in the meta, matching and sometimes exceeding the damage of zerker weavers/revs. It's very hard come up with a bad firebrand build these days.

With the addition of massive boonrip from scourge and warriors, melee trains are much more difficult to play because you will get stab and protection stripped in an instant and if followed by a coordinated bomb, you are dead no matter how tanky you are. Revenants probably have the highest sustained, consistent damage in the game, which they can do safely at 1200 range. To put it in perspective, a meta zerker rev has a 1200 range, aoe backstab on a 4 second cool down.

@"jul.7602" said:Well we still technically have "hammer" trains. The bread and butter of most pirateships is the hammer rev. Firebrand is so popular for a few reasons:

• Lots of stab
  • lots of healing
  • condi clear
  • boon spam
  • pulsing resistance

2) versatilityBurn firebrand is amongst the highest dps builds in the meta, matching and sometimes exceeding the damage of zerker weavers/revs. It's very hard come up with a bad firebrand build these days.

With the addition of massive boonrip from scourge and warriors, melee trains are much more difficult to play because you will get stab and protection stripped in an instant and if followed by a coordinated bomb, you are dead no matter how tanky you are. Revenants probably have the highest sustained, consistent damage in the game, which they can do safely at 1200 range. To put it in perspective, a meta zerker rev has a 1200 range, aoe backstab on a 4 second cool down.

what build do most Revs use? Might give one a try since its totally new to me.

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

@"jul.7602" said:Well we still technically have "hammer" trains. The bread and butter of most pirateships is the hammer rev. Firebrand is so popular for a few reasons:

• Lots of stab
  • lots of healing
  • condi clear
  • boon spam
  • pulsing resistance

With the addition of massive boonrip from scourge and warriors, melee trains are much more difficult to play because you will get stab and protection stripped in an instant and if followed by a coordinated bomb, you are dead no matter how tanky you are. Revenants probably have the highest sustained, consistent damage in the game, which they can do safely at 1200 range. To put it in perspective, a meta zerker rev has a
1200 range, aoe backstab on a 4 second cool down

what build do most Revs use? Might give one a try since its totally new to me.

Either full berserker or berserker/marauder mix, backline hammer dps

Archived