Season 10 Should remove titles completely

Keyba.9570

@Keyba.9570 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:The thing is, monthly tournaments are only a specific time every month. People that don't play in that timezone miss out on the opportunity and league titles are the only thing that keeps them going.

Then why does every season show a decline in pvp population?

@ Keyba

When seasons started a concern of mine was that how would this affect spvp population long term. Would it damage the mode. Cause Anet stopped doing seasons for WvW for that exact reason. That every consecutive season there was a noticeable drop in population that never recovered. A dev on this forum confirmed as much. I wonder if the same thing has happened here too.

@Aden.9306 said:Realistically speaking how bad is the match manipulation though? Is it enough to truly warrant this?

It started to become noticeable during season 6 (season 5 was actually good). Without giving out names, season 6 we had individuals pay a handsome amount of money (confirmed) in order to get #1 in the leaderboards. Around 20 (or so) high level players were removed from leaderboards because of this.

Additionally the reason I can't duo queue with friends is to prevent match manipulation. I feel this request is definitely warranted

• 2 months later...

@"bluri.2653" said:I agree partially with you because anet does not take any action towards the wintraders which is so blatantly open and easily seen. I understand the problem to do it as well, how can you prove a friend of yours throwing a game on purpose by "playing" bad? Nonetheless I dislike the idea of removing something just so you have nothing to wintrade for anymore but also it's dumb to have it since people will obviously wintrade for it so idk im torn, i know it's been going on for 2-3 seasons now and anet doing nothing about it makes me legit not want to q at all, and let's say they add more stuff into the rewards as they have been talking about it will be even more incentive to wintrade and since they don't get banned for it anyway it will just get worse

If there is no skill associated with the title anymore then it has no value outside of the prestige that there’s only X number of these titles around. While it still has prestige due to its rarity the intention of the title has been so warped it’s now becoming a joke with most people saying “Misha and Sind earned it but everyone else wintraded”.

I’d say at this point it’s not fit for purpose and should be removed if ANet isn’t tackling the poor sportsman like behaviour which has become rampant. I know you, Misha, heck everyone in the top 250 in seasons 5-6 worked hard for your titles and it is a gut punch to lose it but if you can’t trust your gaming community with the toys you shouldn’t give them the toys.

Now back to selling yourself on stream for a chak egg sac, or maybe some lucky person on the forum can help you out.

@Keyba.9570 said:

@"Chilli.2976" said:The thing is, monthly tournaments are only a specific time every month. People that don't play in that timezone miss out on the opportunity and league titles are the only thing that keeps them going.

Pretty sure titles have NOTHING to do with it. PvP population continually decreases because ANet fails to balance the game and make it fun. The EXTREMELY SLOW balance cycle means that every season is just defined by "which OPAF class should we bandwagon onto now that will carry us." Too much instagib, too much invuln, not enough counterplay --> no fun, people will play actually good pvp games.

@Keyba.9570 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:The thing is, monthly tournaments are only a specific time every month. People that don't play in that timezone miss out on the opportunity and league titles are the only thing that keeps them going.

• cheating is tolerated
  • The meta builds barely change at all (unless a new expansion is released)
  • when there are bigger changes, they usually make the game worse (more spam, more instant damage etc)
  • When they shake things up, it takes them ages to fix blatantly overpovered builds
  • Huge gap between the best builds/specializations and inferior options -> low build diversity (why play half of the core or hot specs when you can play the pof one, why play ranger/soul beast when you can play druid)

Archived