View of other players equipment

Gaellus.6081

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sombra.3246 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:It would make Raiding even worse, so no thanks.

It would make it better, because you will know if your team mates are really able to raid instead about just lying about their gear and getting carried in the raid.No, you wouldn't. There's a ton of people running with nonstandard builds and gear that end up doing better than some others with full meta ones. You can't really inspect experience and skill.Personally, as long as someone is not visibly low on dps, and they do all mechanics perfectly fine, i don't really care what build/gear they're using. And if they can't cut it, it will become self-evident very fast anyway.

Seriously, have you seen that vid from the group that did Dhuum CM in low budget gear (3g per person, if i remember right)? They were in all greens, but they still managed to get better dps than many of the full-meta pugs i've met.

As i have said before, the thing you'd really want to check the most (experience and skill), can't be inspected by gear checks.

Checking another player's gear may never tell you the full story but it would still be an interesting first step to provide you with an indication on what you are dealing with. There are non-META builds and there are non-META builds out there. Some hidden gems, no doubt. But also far more trash people assume is good out of their own inexperience or because of some subjective feelings towards these builds.Players of a certain caliber may even outperform others at a great handicap but it still doesn't make these builds or said gear any better than they are. Not to mention that such feats are only possible when done by groups of good players rather than a random pug group of an uncertain nature.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:It would make Raiding even worse, so no thanks.

It would make it better, because you will know if your team mates are really able to raid instead about just lying about their gear and getting carried in the raid.No, you wouldn't. There's a ton of people running with nonstandard builds and gear that end up doing better than some others with full meta ones. You can't really inspect experience and skill.Personally, as long as someone is not visibly low on dps, and they do all mechanics perfectly fine, i don't really care what build/gear they're using. And if they can't cut it, it will become self-evident very fast anyway.

Seriously, have you seen that vid from the group that did Dhuum CM in low budget gear (3g per person, if i remember right)? They were in all greens, but they still managed to get better dps than many of the full-meta pugs i've met.

As i have said before, the thing you'd really want to check the most (experience and skill), can't be inspected by gear checks.

But that's exactly why people should have BiS gear when they aren't that good. Be cause the gear makes up for the lack of the DPS-loss. Those super great players can afford having shit gear of course. But if you are a thrown together pug group it's better to have at least the best requirements.

This reminds me of the players who insisted you ping your builds in GW1 then would tell you why your build sucked and what you had to change. A guild member and I picked up a pug and they started right off the bat complaining about how neither of our builds would work, blah, blah, blah. Played for 10 minutes and the whole group wiped. Of course my buddy and I where to blame for our "bad" skill bars. The 2 of us went in again with just heroes and walked through the mission with no issues at all. When we finished the "elite" expert players where still trying to get through the mission. My take on it is if you insist on seeing my build then you do not play with me as your are not qualified. I only play with "good" players, which means players who are looking to have fun instead of "bad" players only trying to be "leet".

Archived