Please remove Server Links

cobbah.3102

OK please can we have links removed or link servers get a choice of which host they are linked to . Supposedly fighting the enemy but so much angst in map chat and team chat where the host servers are tanking to stay out of T1 and the linked server get venom when we play the game ,PPT is not allowed they say we will get pushed up , sighh WvW is becoming so boring with all this nonsense along with the pirate ship, unlink us and let us go our own way. I know some will say go PVE then but some of us want to play the game how we think it should be played not these so called "fight guilds" who wont show up after being boosted up , just so they can stay in lower tiers where they get easy fights some people just can't be bothered making an effort. (Beware the BG boogy man ) dont let him get you.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:have only 3 main servers and tge rest linked. will be fun. and balance each lunk where the coverage of one is lacking

add multiple instances for wvw maps or add new maps.

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

No. More maps enough for just 3 servers. Yes if devs will not add new maps.

Neat? Yes. No more un even numbers.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:have only 3 main servers and tge rest linked. will be fun. and balance each lunk where the coverage of one is lacking

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

If you prefer that style of play, why don't you play it? You have EoTM.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

eotm is empty. i would if there were people in it. also i am one of the nsp commanders. we are aoways outnumbered 2/3 everyday. losing people over time.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

eotm is empty. i would if there were people in it. also i am one of the nsp commanders. we are aoways outnumbered 2/3 everyday. losing people over time.

Weren't you on Deso before? And TC before that? So you don't really have community attachment?

My point being: it's no big deal if they merge anything because you have not invested in any one community.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

Weren't you on Deso before? And TC before that? So you don't really have community attachment?

The now system isnt good. Because of coverage. We have way to many servers and coverage imbalances.

The why i move around.

! i play based on what available time i have based on irl. +8gmt.!! I left deso because my officers betrayed me. Guild was Heavy Loot Bags Salt. I made that guild 3 years ago. i stood by deso for a year because my guildmates under salt supported me. I lead and beat majority of all servers we fought in our timezone. 6pm to 10pm server time or 2am to 6am my time. Yup was dedicated because i had people to protect. so, I tolerated the deso trolls who attacked my guild mates for playing non meta for trying new things even when our zerg beat others. Yes, fought fsp, sfr, bb, etc. The hardest then was riverside. they in my memory had the best eu pirate shipping team.!! But when my officers, turned on me, my 2nd in command bug. it's time to go and seek better pastures. lesson here is not to promote others into leaders. and choose officers who actually participate and support your view.!! Eu is good to visit irl but the deso experience was 2/5. I have enough stres irl than to cater stuff that is not fun.!! My first Na server is cd, under Leaxanna, gl of presence. when my guildleader stopped playing, i sought after a new group. I quit for a year before playing again because of the red borderland replacing alpine. i played again because my friend mailed me that alpines are back.!! 1st server vabbi 2nd deso 3rd cd 4th sfr 5th cd 6th tc 7th bg 8th sbi 9th deso 10th sos 11th vabbi 12th nsp.!! Now i am attached to nsp. decent guys. just not many. (p.s. transfer here for those who read. eu, sea ocx)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

If this happens WvW will be just as empty, kind of like eotm? Who will bother to defend, who will bother to scout to call out zergs, who will bother to fight over some objectives.

Let's just karma train all day.

Or get an alt acct on a main open server in a lower tier and just play that account should the current link you're in arise again.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd be pretty certain who you're paired with, and it does make for a long 2 month stint wrought with not even wanting to log in to wvw even twice a week. Do what you must OP to make your play time more enjoyable for yourself and forget everyone else, and the misery will be over before you know it :).

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

If this happens WvW will be just as empty, kind of like eotm? Who will bother to defend, who will bother to scout to call out zergs, who will bother to fight over some objectives.

it wont if its the main venue. wvw is semi empty now.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

Fundamentally, there is no reason why eotm can not be viewed as the 5th main WvW map. Also, by your suggestion's logic, eotm was always busy, always had people to fight with, it would have been fun right? A lot of people would want to play there right? Why didn't all these people who wanted constant fights just play eotm permanently?

People don't take the map seriously simply because it is difficult associate yourself with any realm or any community.

Who am I representing? Who are these faceless enemies I'm fighting against, who do they represent? Why should I defend this tower? Why should I care about points when I don't have any lasting association for the team I'm playing for, the community I'm playing with? Why should I stay on a bit longer to roam, scout and defend our bl after finishing my guild raid? Why should I help upgrade?

Yes you can claim that we are all ppt nerds and that WvW is all about and only about fights. But who calls out the locations of the zerg, who maintain sieges and upgrade structures to ensure we all have a t3 keep with wp and amenities? Who are the ones that keeps the server morale high - do you want to log into WvW to see all paper and wp gone? If all you want to do is have open field fights at the bottom of the map. Sure, noone is stopping you, just don't be a jerk and expect the world to change around your preference in a game mode that is clearly tailored towards assaulting and defending objectives from its inception.

Many of these "so-called" fight guilds can also be toxically exclusive. Constantly publicy calling out the mistakes of pugs and new players (and also blame other people for their own mistakes & questionable judgements) insultively while being tagged up - driving potential players for the server away. Occasionally just being plain rude for no reason such as - "oi pugs be useful for once and do that", or insult someone in team chat for calling out a zerg attack. Not saying all good fight guilds are like this (there are many examples of great ones), but it is not uncommon to see these self proclaimed "fight" guilds with this inflated elistist egoism. Anecdotally, it is something I see less in community/ppt/pug guilds, and it should be the type of behaviour the WvW system should promote.

I am not against change, I just want to see a system where it encourages building a lasting community, something we can all fight and be proud for.

... rant got off topic...

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

Fundamentally, there is no reason why eotm can not be viewed as the 5th main WvW map. Also, by your suggestion's logic, eotm was always busy, always had people to fight with, it would have been fun right? A lot of people would want to play there right? Why didn't all these people who wanted constant fights just play eotm permanently?

People don't take the map seriously simply because it is difficult associate yourself with any realm or any community.

Who am I representing? Who are these faceless enemies I'm fighting against, who do they represent? Why should I defend this tower? Why should I care about points when I don't have any lasting association for the team I'm playing for, the community I'm playing with? Why should I stay on a bit longer to roam, scout and defend our bl after finishing my guild raid? Why should I help upgrade?

Yes you can claim that we are all ppt nerds and that WvW is all about and only about fights. But who calls out the locations of the zerg, who maintain sieges and upgrade structures to ensure we all have a t3 keep with wp and amenities? Who are the ones that keeps the server morale high - do you want to log into WvW to see all paper and wp gone? If all you want to do is have open field fights at the bottom of the map. Sure, noone is stopping you, just don't be a jerk and expect the world to change around your preference in a game mode that is clearly tailored towards assaulting and defending objectives from its inception.

Many of these "so-called" fight guilds can also be toxically exclusive. Constantly publicy calling out the mistakes of pugs and new players (and also blame other people for their own mistakes & questionable judgements) insultively while being tagged up - driving potential players for the server away. Occasionally just being plain rude for no reason such as - "oi pugs be useful for once and do that", or insult someone in team chat for calling out a zerg attack. Not saying all good fight guilds are like this (there are many examples of great ones), but it is not uncommon to see these self proclaimed "fight" guilds with this inflated elistist egoism. Anecdotally, it is something I see less in community/ppt/pug guilds, and it should be the type of behaviour the WvW system should promote.

I am not against change, I just want to see a system where it encourages building a lasting community, something we can all fight and be proud for.

eotm died when pips only are available in wvw. just small teams run in it. 3-5

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

And it should be allowed to die.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

So, kind of like EoTM?

Neat. (Not)

And it should be allowed to die.

like wvw at the rate it is going.

Archived