Holosmith: Holographic Shockwave radius is too large for a launch!

Arheundel.6451

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shockwave is just fine, its damage is moderate, however everyone is exagerating saying one engineer dominates a whole node with nothing but the shockwave when it has 15s cd and generates 25% heat

Others seem to be pointing out what seems to be 2 grandmaster builds with vent dodge and +50% max heat as well

In what world is a 15s cooldown on an 600 AoE launch a "really long cooldown" and "not spammable"? The only skills that are even comparable are Jade Winds (50 energy, not spamable if the Rev plans on using any other skills) and Chilled To The Bone (90s cooldown). Call me old fashioned, but I consider anything under 20s cooldown to be "spamable". Big pay-offs should have big cooldowns to encourage timing and tactical use over PRESS ALL TEH BUTTONS.

And in what world is 9k damage on dodge totally reasonable? Yeah, its avoidable if they're at some distance from you, but if you're in melee range and they dodge through you then its basically unavoidable.

Holosmith is far from being the worst offender in the current meta, but don't pretend this stuff isn't stupid.

@"Ragnar.4257" said:In what world is a 15s cooldown on an 600 AoE launch a "really long cooldown" and "not spammable"? The only skills that are even comparable are Jade Winds (50 energy, not spamable if the Rev plans on using any other skills) and Chilled To The Bone (90s cooldown). Call me old fashioned, but I consider anything under 20s cooldown to be "spamable". Big pay-offs should have big cooldowns to encourage timing and tactical use over PRESS ALL TEH BUTTONS.

And in what world is 9k damage on dodge totally reasonable? Yeah, its avoidable if they're at some distance from you, but if you're in melee range and they dodge through you then its basically unavoidable.

Holosmith is far from being the worst offender in the current meta, but don't pretend this stuff isn't stupid.

Well i never said the dodges were ok, havent actually done proper tests with the dodge mine to tell if balanced or not intext the mine idea sounds balanced, the op part comes from the fusion of it plus aoe vent grandmaster i ll guess

As far as shockwave everything about it is ok except it should have 450 range

And again shockwave has 15s but generates 25% heat so it does require tactical use if spammed engi will lose either chance to dps or gets locked from forge and loses half their hp

It takes 3 skills for a holosmith to generate 50%+ heat without using auto attack wich also generates 1 or 2% heat depending on trait

Archived