Season 10 Matchmaker

Alatar.7364

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@xiProdigyx.9138 said:

@xiProdigyx.9138 said:Thank you ANET for that change you made. The matches are playable again. Haven't had 3 of the same class in my matches since the change! :)

Youre jocking right? This was one of my placement games at first day
and next one was this

Did you bother to queue up last night or just post your screenshots from the first day? If you bothered to read the thread at all you would see the change occurred yesterday afternoon. I have had zero matches with 3 of the same class since the change. Learn to read and spell it will help you in life.

Actually I did read it and I still do. Im sorry for "spelling mistake". Btw did YOU bother reading the REST of this post before quoting this comment????Cos there obviously STILL issues with this. I'm not here to argue and be salty with player's i'm just hoping well finally have some real matchmaking and that devs will finally start paying attention to the game that's all...

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Thank you for the feedback Cal & Ben. Despite wouldbe snarky responses, players do appreciate interaction from the anet team. I'd like to point out that the match maker works great when it is working as intended. You guys have done a great job on that. The major problems with match making occur when players exploit the match making system and deny it of its purpose, "such as logging off the character they loaded in as, and logging back in with something else, to avoid the anti class stacking feature" or "running alt account match manipulation tactics".

I'm sure you are limited in what exactly you can do to solve these issues but if there were any way to discourage such behavior rather than allowing it to be so easy to do, focusing development on those issues would in my opinion be the most effective route towards increasing the quality of match making.

I'd like to point out that what I mean by this is not suspensions & bans. I mean some kind of functional in-game developments that discourage these types of things from being so easy to do. Things such as:
  • When 4 or 5 accounts hit the que button at the same time, for more than 2 or 3 matches in a row, if the same accounts happen to be doing this over and over, the server should be able to see this and stop placing them in the same match together.
  • When the same 4 or 5 IPs keep landing in the same match whether on the same team or not, the server should recognize this and stop placing them in matches together. In fact, it should record all of this history from the entire season and if it looks suspicious, those IPs should never be in the same matches together. It could have some kind of timer like a DR that burns off gradually.
  • Add a function that plainly stops a player from logging in as a class that there is already 2 of in his team. <- This one really needs to be implemented.

Cutting out even a marginally small amount of the match manipulations like 20% to 30% would make a huge difference In the quality of matches.Just ideas, if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

Actually may I suggest far more simpler approach? If You could just see class stacks and distribution within the teams when your queue pops it would solve 99% of issues because you could decide not to join the game where there's already your class placed in your team (you could see that simply if same class already accepted match queue). Yeah it would probably make queues a bit longer and could get to some more waiting time for games due to ppl abandoning queues BUT I would trade 5 quality game and longer waiting queue for like random 20 games in which balance is nonexistent every day...

Hey guys - first off thanks for your community involvement.

I ended last season in top tier Gold and got placed in bottom tier Silver due to the horrifying quality of the qualifying matching. I don't understand why I had to go through this again (considering my rating last season), and what the qualifying matchmaker looks like this season. Is there a difference between these matchups and those once you get placed? I was consistently in teams with 2 of a class (predictably guards, necros and rangers) without an swaps and had team members who AFKed once match started.

Beyond being grumpy at having to slave my way out of the pits of silver, and the ongoing issues with balance in classes, I'd love to know a bit more about the qualifying process this season.

Cheers,Saira

Ended last season in 40th, yesterday had 10 wins straight and ended the day in 20th.

Today, 8 losses in 10. I'm falling out of plat, teams who are either in placements or who are in silver. Thought the mm was getting tightened up, not loosened. Literally every game had different warriors throw, or people afking. What gives?

@Milivoy.4630 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Thank you for the feedback Cal & Ben. Despite wouldbe snarky responses, players do appreciate interaction from the anet team. I'd like to point out that the match maker works great when it is working as intended. You guys have done a great job on that. The major problems with match making occur when players exploit the match making system and deny it of its purpose, "such as logging off the character they loaded in as, and logging back in with something else, to avoid the anti class stacking feature" or "running alt account match manipulation tactics".

I'm sure you are limited in what exactly you can do to solve these issues but if there were any way to discourage such behavior rather than allowing it to be so easy to do, focusing development on those issues would in my opinion be the most effective route towards increasing the quality of match making.

I'd like to point out that what I mean by this is not suspensions & bans. I mean some kind of functional in-game developments that discourage these types of things from being so easy to do. Things such as:
  • When 4 or 5 accounts hit the que button at the same time, for more than 2 or 3 matches in a row, if the same accounts happen to be doing this over and over, the server should be able to see this and stop placing them in the same match together.
  • When the same 4 or 5 IPs keep landing in the same match whether on the same team or not, the server should recognize this and stop placing them in matches together. In fact, it should record all of this history from the entire season and if it looks suspicious, those IPs should never be in the same matches together. It could have some kind of timer like a DR that burns off gradually.
  • Add a function that plainly stops a player from logging in as a class that there is already 2 of in his team. <- This one really needs to be implemented.

Cutting out even a marginally small amount of the match manipulations like 20% to 30% would make a huge difference In the quality of matches.Just ideas, if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

Actually may I suggest far more simpler approach? If You could just see class stacks and distribution within the teams when your queue pops it would solve 99% of issues because you could decide not to join the game where there's already your class placed in your team (you could see that simply if same class already accepted match queue). Yeah it would probably make queues a bit longer and could get to some more waiting time for games due to ppl abandoning queues BUT I would trade 5 quality game and longer waiting queue for like random 20 games in which balance is nonexistent every day...

That is not a bad idea but the only problem here is that match manipulating players would use it as a way to further their knowledge of where they themselves where landing on a team in a match.

They just need to find a way stop accounts/IPs from being in the same match together that are showing abnormally high rates of always signing in at same time/hitting que button same time/landing in same match together. <- This literally "would eliminate 50% or greater of the bad matches we experience in ranked ques."

@Egorum.9506 said:Ended last season in 40th, yesterday had 10 wins straight and ended the day in 20th.

Today, 8 losses in 10. I'm falling out of plat, teams who are either in placements or who are in silver. Thought the mm was getting tightened up, not loosened. Literally every game had different warriors throw, or people afking. What gives?

Don't be like me and grind your rating against a bad day of obviously suspicious activity. If you get 1 or 2 very bad matches, just stop. That usually means the MMs are out and active.

It's a large part of playing ranked seasons now. Knowing how to decrease your chances of landing in MM matches.

I ended my placement games with a positive ratio. Out of all amusement, i got placed -150 rating below my last season. Played 1 game which was close to unplayable, got -30 rating for it. It's not like i'm mad, system is like this it has pros and cons. But what is the point of having to wait 5 years and 10 seasons in order to get something that is entirely based on luck upon first matchs ?

@"Abazigal.3679" said:I ended my placement games with a positive ratio. Out of all amusement, i got placed -150 rating below my last season. Played 1 game which was close to unplayable, got -30 rating for it. It's not like i'm mad, system is like this it has pros and cons. But what is the point of having to wait 5 years and 10 seasons in order to get something that is entirely based on luck upon first matchs ?

I totally agree. Its almost frustrating that first placement games totally decide your fate for the rest of the season. Even if Youre the best player in the game theres a luck factor everywhere. In placement games somebody can D/C and its counted as a loss. And that can put you in gold or lower division. And there...you need to lose half of the season grinding up your way trough MM necros, turret engis and all other "exotic" builds ppl are playing. Not to mention gold farmers afkers and match manipulators. Yeah I agree that somebody will say- look up the top- good player is always good player no matter the odds-and I agree... exept...that most of them use some kind of match manipulation, because only the WINNING is what counts. Thats why system really need some changes.

Archived