Viper / Trailblazer without HoT?

eaman.7562

I have the classic game + PoF expansion, I never bought HoT.Can I craft a classic ascended sword and the get a [Recipe: Yassith's Viper's Inscription] from the Heroics Notary in order to stat swap to Viper's (+Condition Damage, +Power, +Condition Duration, and +Precision) stats?

Same thing for Trailblazer?

@eaman.7562 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I doubt you can buy the inscriptions without HoT - try that first!He I've been to a Notary NPC and it has 2 empty tabs, yet I'm looking for a confirmation as I'm a noob and I may miss some trick ;) .

Those two tabs are labeled "heart of thorns" and have the recipes you want :/

@eaman.7562 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I doubt you can buy the inscriptions without HoT - try that first!He I've been to a Notary NPC and it has 2 empty tabs, yet I'm looking for a confirmation as I'm a noob and I may miss some trick ;) .

Is your "Provisions Master" ability line maxed? If it is, it's likely blocked without HoT

Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the ascended insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!

Is your "Provisions Master" ability line maxed? If it is, it's likely blocked without HoT

Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the ascended insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!No it's not.Well the wiki reports: (requires Heart of Thorns): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#Provisions_MasterMaybe I can give it a try as I get some ability points, thank for the advice.

@"eaman.7562" said:

Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the
ascended
insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!No it's not.Well the wiki reports: (requires Heart of Thorns):
Maybe I can give it a try as I get some ability points, thank for the advice.

If it doesn't work, you can always get a respec of your ability points to reclaim them, so it's worth trying, despite low probability! :)

Archived