ANET please make Permanent Mistlock Sanctuary pass in gem shop "Permanent"

It won't hurt to make one pass permanent in gem shop so that who missed on sale can buy it. Rest can still be on/off rotation.Its hands down the best and most complete location so i won't mind if ANET increases its price to something like 2000 gems, i will still buy it.I have permanent royal terrace/lily of elon/captain's airship pass and they are nothing compared to mistlock sanctuary which have almost every single merchant and FOTM portal. I still find myself using 2 weeks pass for sanctuary.

I think mistlock sanctuary is essential as it is the most complete package for a premium location. Bonus is its totally different instance so it loads extremely fast for people who don't have ssd's unlike Royal terrace in which case you are actually loading the whole divinity reach.They made other essential things permanent like copper fed salvage o matic so why not this?

I had a 2-week Mistlock Sanctuary pass and I thought it was ok. The infinite gliding was a fun novelty and if I was going to buy one of the 1000 gem passes I probably would get this one. But I've got the Lily of the Elon pass and I can't remember ever missing something that's in the Mistlock Sanctuary and isn't there. Maybe if you play Fractals a lot and need quick access to the merchants on a regular basis it's more useful. But I'm fine with my cheap pass.

As for why they don't make this pass (or anything else) infinitely available, it's because crazy as it sounds it actually increases sales. If things are available forever then people can tell themselves they'll probably get it one day and might never do it. If it's going away in 7 days (or however long) then they need to make up their mind a significant proportion of those people will decide to get it just in case they don't have the chance later and regret it.

Everything permanent service/convenience item should be there always. Its cheap dated marketing/sales tactics to create a virtual scarcity. They can create as many as people want out of nothing. It may work with impulsive buyers who throw out money without thinking. It puts me off buying those items at all. Dont agree about a massive price increase to make it happen though, thats only catering bad sales/marketing practice. I remember a time when there where frequent sales on those permanent items, but thats a 2012 thing i think. When microtransactions where actually 'micro'.

Archived