Friends List Buggy Online/Offline

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey guys,

I just learned that Ben, one of our programmers, has worked on a fix for an issue with the Contacts List: Players who are unable to open their Contacts Panel should find improvement when the bug fix goes out in the next release. I am not sure if this would apply directly to the situations described in this thread, as they all seem a little different. But the Contacts/Friends List has been worked on, and it's devs will be checking it when the fix rolls out.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey guys,

I just learned that Ben, one of our programmers, has worked on a fix for an issue with the Contacts List: Players who are unable to open their Contacts Panel should find improvement when the bug fix goes out in the next release. I am not sure if this would apply directly to the situations described in this thread, as they all seem a little different. But the Contacts/Friends List has been worked on, and it's devs will be checking it when the fix rolls out.

Thanks for the update, when this issue happens my friends say that I go offline, but I am still in the game? Is it doing some sort of reset? My connect is fiber and via Ethernet cable - I don't have any issues with my connection.

Here is the problem: https://imgur.com/a/1AwqL

It showed up 3 times in a PvP match - I don't use a firewall and my connection is solid.

Edit: I clicked it to make it go away during PvP and it was fine, now after taking that screenshot that error code was left untouched for about 3 minutes. I just clicked it and my whole client reset.Edit: Logged back in after 2 minutes it showed again, this time I clicked it asap and client reset again.

• ArenaNet Staff

Actually, an update. The programmer who's working on this is Kevin, and he notes there are several things being reported:

• Online status behaving weirdly
  • Connection issues with Pvp stuff and (apparently) some effect with the friends list
  • Sorting

Both Kevin and Ben are aware of this thread, and they may be able to take a look at these issues, while the inability to open/use the panel has already been addressed and that fix will roll out soon.

Thanks for your patience with this.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Actually, an update. The programmer who's working on this is Kevin, and he notes there are several things being reported:

• Online status behaving weirdly
  • Connection issues with Pvp stuff and (apparently) some effect with the friends list
  • Sorting

Both Kevin and Ben are aware of this thread, and they may be able to take a look at these issues, while the inability to open/use the panel has already been addressed and that fix will roll out soon.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Do you know if this fix also involves the bug where players (who have added each others to their contact list) can tell that one of them is just invisible instead of offline by seeing the characters location (instead of "unknown" when a player is really offline) on the tooltip? Or is that intended? I haven't found any threads on this bug, but it's been around for at least some weeks if I recall correctly. I've reported it ingame some time ago, but I guess the bug-queue is quite long xD

I'm sorry if I digressed too much from the original topic of this thread, but I thought it would fit here, since it's a contact list bug as well :)

• 1 month later...

My contacts list still sorts weird every time I open the game and has since this issue came up several months ago.

The Contacts, followers, blocked tabs all forget that I set them to sort by online status so those who are online are listed first. Upon logging into the game they are back in a random jumble of online and offline and need to be manually clicked twice to re-sort them so online are at the top of the list. I often need to re-sort any time I open the contacts list, or even after changing tabs. It's a hassle.

As it has been several months now and I've not seen another word on the topic, can we trouble Kevin and/or Ben for a possible update on how it's going with correcting the sorting behavior so it will be remembered properly again please?

I'm hoping that "they may be able to take a look at these issues" didn't turn into 'not likely to be fixed any time soon, but maybe one day when someone has time and isn't doing something else they might take a look at it'. That would be rather disappointing to hear.

Archived