*Upcoming Mesmer NERF(S)*

moutzaheadin.4029

@"Riverbane.7215" said:Here's my prediction as a mesmer playing since release. The changes will be an overall buff initially in all game modes. In sPVP the buff will throw them over the top. Players will complain more then ever about mesmers being OP because they find fighting mesmers annoying. Arenanet will make the business decision of nerfing the mesmer since they don't want to lose people over the least played class. The nerf caused by sPvP will make the mesmer kitten near useless in PvE. The mesmer community will complain for the next 6-12 months and they "might" make some minor changes. If they make minor changes to make us useful again the mesmer community will cheer with glee because we are a bunch of masochists.

You just know there's going to be incessant whining in the pvp forums as soon as the patch hits, no matter what the outcome! xD

That is our lot in this game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt play since start of Dezember; broken pc. New ones probably gonna come end of february.

Lookin forward to those changes as they, but i Share the OP's fear about shattering. Its gonna Take some time to get used too.

New phantasm attacks have to get significantly Stronger now, since they are finally completely balanced arround there own cooldown which is great!

Staff changes are always Welcomed.

A little bit too optimistic too see a greater overhaul for GS, but i Think we should look at all changes first and then wait another 3 months for the Second balance part.

Anet doing those great reworks is a Pretty GOOD Thing. keep it up. Make it more often. This is how a game ultinately gets good.

Hell leagu of Legends will probably rework ryze another 5 times until they are happy. Who cares?

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@"Vieux P.1238" said:I don't care what ppl say or complaints are. Tired of it in fact. All lazy players on there mains....... Time to bow to your mesmer Gods!

??

Don't quote me, but it seems like it's translated as; "I'm don't care what people say, and am tired of hearing complaints. There are lazy players on all mains.... Overzealous comment about mesmers."

As I've said. Most Mesmer profession players now are all aboard the Mirage bandwagon so they could care less about the incoming nerfs.

If anything they are probably buffed and happy about these changes.

As a chrono I am definitely in the minority. I play a full blown all out shatter build. Not many play this style for whatever reason. I find in wvw as a chrono I outperform my Mirage build in 1vX fights.

1v1 it's about the same. I still believe a shatter Chrono can beat any mirage build if skill is equal in wvw setting. That will no longer be the case.

I see this as a condition nerf to many builds in general. Our ability to create 20+ stacks of confusion in 2 seconds was a bit overkill, but I am happy that power builds with mirage will be a lot more viable now. I have been running a power mirage with split surge for a couple weeks now and I am actually a little excited that the playstyle gets a buff with this patch.

Archived