2/6/18 patch notes

Aninika.6819

@Clownmug.8357 said:I can't tell what I'm supposed to do with these changes. Is there something that Rev/Herald/Renegade is supposed to be good at now?

You have better burst and more diversity in your build. I'm sorry all these revs are so salty their ability to chase people long distances in a conquest game mode has been hindered. You can spec yourself to have a lot of quickness from other sources, using impossible odds with those other sources of quickness is stronger now.

And more importantly, scourge and mirage got nerfed, so you should be a lot better at not dying now.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:I can't tell what I'm supposed to do with these changes. Is there something that Rev/Herald/Renegade is supposed to be good at now?

You have better burst and more diversity in your build. I'm sorry all these revs are so salty their ability to chase people long distances in a conquest game mode has been hindered. You can spec yourself to have a lot of quickness from other sources, using impossible odds with those other sources of quickness is stronger now.

And more importantly, scourge and mirage got nerfed, so you should be a lot better at not dying now.

I don't play sPvP, but it sounds like revs are just playing an updated version of the same build from two years ago.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"BeepBoopBap.2840" said:

Shiro changes were awful. At least PT nerf is getting reverted. Quickness on weapon swap is meh. The only reason it sounds dope is because we lost better quickness access lmao.

Did they really say they're reverting the must be in range casting on it? That gives me hope... Link?

Karl's answer in this thread

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27428/revert-phase-traversal-nerf#latest

@Flauvious.6195 said:

Is it better though? From a strictly dps standpoint, I'm not sure new Impossible Odd's and its super low base damage (146) actually beats old IO's flat 10% damage increase... And even if it is better, it'd be by such a small margin that it still doesn't make power rev a thing anybody would want to do in serious PvE. And if you meant in PvP, it's not even close to being as good... Not even factoring in damage or cleave potential, not being able to spike quickness to actually land your attacks is super detrimental. Now you only have small windows of quickness after weapon/legend swaps or a phase traversal, which leaves you either having to use your skills at insanely predictable moments, or trying to use them without quickness--which gives your opponent an eternity to dodge their super long animations/casts.

Archived