who the hell are dungeons tuned for?

Dabrixmgp.4758

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:To me the solution to make dungeons popular again seems so painfully obvious that I don’t understand why Anet haven’t done it already:

Add a new Ascended tier of dungeon arms and armour - at a higher cost in tokens, naturally.

Boom, people would want to do dungeons again.

I don't think that people wanting to play content because rewards, rather than a mix of reward and fun is necessarily good for the game.

I wouldnt mind more ways to get ascended gear, but it will cheapen the effort involved with getting ascended gear to considerably less.

No it wouldn't if they adjusted the token cost approriately.

Well I suppose they can also tie dungeon tokens + grandmaster marks to ascended armor. But the way you're talking about it sounds like it's just tokens. I very much doubt that's going to work without turning it into a huge grindfest.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:To me the solution to make dungeons popular again seems so painfully obvious that I don’t understand why Anet haven’t done it already:

Add a new Ascended tier of dungeon arms and armour - at a higher cost in tokens, naturally.

I don't think that people wanting to play content because rewards, rather than a mix of reward and fun is necessarily good for the game.

I wouldnt mind more ways to get ascended gear, but it will cheapen the effort involved with getting ascended gear to considerably less.

Well I suppose they can also tie dungeon tokens + grandmaster marks to ascended armor. But the way you're talking about it sounds like it's just tokens. I very much doubt that's going to work without turning it into a huge grindfest.

Welcome to ascended gear - always a huge grindfest regardless.

Unless you get lucky with those raid chests.

My point being that ascended arms and armour are perfectly feasable as a new tier of dungeon rewards as long as the costs are tuned approriately.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Welcome to ascended gear - always a huge grindfest regardless.

Unless you get lucky with those raid chests.

My point being that ascended arms and armour are perfectly feasible as a new tier of dungeon rewards as long as the costs are tuned appropriately.

Well that I don't doubt. Like I said, if it's just tokens, then that doesn't sound like a good plan (which is what my reaction was based on), but if they put it with an appropriate equal method, like how they tried to balance fractals/pvp/wvw ascended gear a year ago, that would definitely be along the current lines of acquiring Ascended gear. Without the need to make ascended armour through dungeons an ever bigger grindfest than necessary. (Which is what I meant with huge grindfest, as opposed equal grind to other methods.)

Even though, that still would cheapen the way to get ascended gear though, not that that is imo a bad thing, but I see that all ways to get ascended gear is generally crafting (sort of but not really, timegated), fractals/pvp/wvw/raid (all in one way or another timegated) which means adding another method, will in fact, if one would use all the time gates, less of an (time) effort in total.

And even then you're basically offering a method to mostly grind out dungeons, to which I think, does that really make dungeons more popular or are you just adding incentives to do age old content. There needs to be a method that doesn't turn it into "let's just go CoF p1"x10 all over again. I suppose they could add some token to the repeatable 8 gold chest where you need to complete x different paths. (equal to several fractal research pages, I suppose)

I dunno I don't see anything that can be added to dungeons as a fix-all. Making it popular with new rewards is easy. But it doesn't always make it better. Do we want to do dugenons all day long where speedclearing is the most important because "farming! wee!" ? Is that really that amazing and worth the effort to change in the game?

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:so if dungeons are tuned just fine then why does no one do them anymore? Im all for a challenge but this is ridiculous. Actually they are leveling dungeons because they do scale you down. If I want a challenge I will do T4 fractals or raids. This is a dungeon meant for level 55 players so why is it this ridiculous?

Saying No one doesn’t do them anymore is a lie. Everyday there’s some people always hitting up lfg. I also have a guild that does dungeons on a certain day. So I won’t say no one.

Noticing your concerns. There are some runes, or sigils you can only get in dungeons. Which is why I do them. Which can speak for other people also. But I will say dungeons also provide skins that are easy to obtain. Fractals provide much more gold however skins that aren’t in the tp, dungeons provide.

So if you want a purpose for skins and need sigils/runes that are only obtained in dungeons, you should do those. But if you need gold, fractals is your man.

In a way dungeons still have a purpose. Not (as) valuable as what we want. But they are still handy. Also dungeons provide drops for rare skins that can sell for much more gold then fractals. However is harder to get. Iv gotton a skin worth 400 gold from a dungeon. And a guild member of mine got one worth 600 gold in just doing couple paths.

Archived