Builds post patch

Warrost.4895

Ah the offtopic is gone, that's soo much better.

@"KeoLegend.5132" Yeah this patch did wonders for PvE mesmer, condi mirage / boonshare chrono gameplay changed a bit but nothing too dramatic, and best of all it allowed Chronos to be a proper PvE DPS spec for the first time ever. Just goes to show that people saying the mesmer was dead had no clue what they were on about.

On the minus side, now every PvE chrono in existence wants to go DPS hahaha. After years of being support only..well..

("I want to break free" playing in the background)

I can hardly blame them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Eliavres.4910 said:Ah the offtopic is gone, that's soo much better.

@"KeoLegend.5132" Yeah this patch did wonders for PvE mesmer, condi mirage / boonshare chrono gameplay changed a bit but nothing too dramatic, and best of all it allowed Chronos to be a proper PvE DPS spec for the first time ever. Just goes to show that people saying the mesmer was dead had no clue what they were on about.

On the minus side, now every PvE chrono in existence wants to go DPS hahaha. After years of being support only..well..

I can hardly blame them.

@Eliavres.4910

Would you mind sharing that PvE DPS spec for the Chronomancer? I'm fairly new and that would be a huge help!

@Eliavres.4910 said:Ah the offtopic is gone, that's soo much better.

I can hardly blame them.

Yeah they got the big B thrown at them.

I’m loving the changes. I mainly run PvP/WvW but stopped playing for a while because it got stale with everyone running condi. I have nothing against condi, I’ve ran it too, but with the nerfs to confusion(they were over done I think, but they can tweak them more later hopefully) I’m actually seeing people branch out and try new things. The biggest issue I’ve had since they implemented the new player experience was the lack of diversity. Now though there’s multiple builds that are competitive across all 3 game modes. At least for Mesmer that is, so hopefully Anet plains on doing something similar to this for the other classes in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s still work to be done. Core trait lines still underperform compared to elite specs and that should be remedied. And there’s always other balance issues to be dealt with.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:Well you could also swap ax for sword and have the sword ambush for interupts as well as staff and f3.That would be a net decrease in damage as you’re losing ax and would require different traits to work well but it’s possible.

As mentioned, i hate sword. Its so boring to use and i am loving using the Axe, which i think is a much cooler weapon to use :)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:Well you could also swap ax for sword and have the sword ambush for interupts as well as staff and f3.That would be a net decrease in damage as you’re losing ax and would require different traits to work well but it’s possible.

As mentioned, i hate sword. Its so boring to use and i am loving using the Axe, which i think is a much cooler weapon to use :)

Yeah, it was more directed to Arlette to give them ideas to increase the amount of available stub since they didn’t think there were enough stuns to make draining worthwhile.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:Yeah, it was more directed to Arlette to give them ideas to increase the amount of available stub since they didn’t think there were enough stuns to make draining worthwhile.

That is true, though would still be kinda limited. I used to run it on my Shield when running MoD as well for even more procs, worked great on there. On staff its more useful in groups or zergs. I would likely change it on my staff, if i could decide what would be better to use, dont really have any need or want for Energy but not sure what else i would have as options.

@Arlette.9684 said:I’m affraid to post my build, as I find it to be utterly disgusting and OP beyond any reasonable measure.

I.. the amount of times I’ve read something similar is hilarious. Unless you’ve found a way to run every trait line then in the current trait system someone will run or is running it so it doesn’t make a difference if you tell or not.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:I’m affraid to post my build, as I find it to be utterly disgusting and OP beyond any reasonable measure.

I.. the amount of times I’ve read something similar is hilarious. Unless you’ve found a way to run every trait line then in the current trait system someone will run or is running it so it doesn’t make a difference if you tell or not.

I wasn’t being serious :smiley:I got you there for a moment, didn’t I?

@Arlette.9684 said:

... yep you did :P

I was thinking come on we just got done dealing the new Azuka and now you’re going to start. But I fell for it, hook line and sinker.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

I was thinking come on we just got done dealing the new Azuka and now you’re going to start. But I fell for it, hook line and sinker.

So did I... :/

@Curunen.8729 said:

Well hey at least I wasn’t the only one ??Poor Levetty got hit with a ban too.

But on topic, once I get the kinks worked out I’ll probably post what I’m running. It won’t be most people’s cup of tea but I’m enjoying it.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

Well hey at least I wasn’t the only one ??Poor Levetty got hit with a ban too.

But on topic, once I get the kinks worked out I’ll probably post what I’m running. It won’t be most people’s cup of tea but I’m enjoying it.

Same here, tweaking stats still.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:@Arlette.9684Stats, food and weapon/sigils. Staff is a must and I think sigil of energy to be important but I might even change that. So many options.

I agree staff is a MUST, so much utility and awesomeness. I’m currently exploring the staff trait for chaos armor and jaunt into chaos storm potential to rack up real high protection while making the most out of illusion’s defense or w/e the redesigned trait is named. I gotta say it makes even glassy builds quite tanky.

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:@Arlette.9684Stats, food and weapon/sigils. Staff is a must and I think sigil of energy to be important but I might even change that. So many options.

I agree staff is a MUST, so much utility and awesomeness. I’m currently exploring the staff trait for chaos armor and jaunt into chaos storm potential to rack up real high protection while making the most out of illusion’s defense or w/e the redesigned trait is named. I gotta say it makes even glassy builds quite tanky.

I’m currently running Durability runes for the 20% boon duration and might add in some more not sure yet but it makes maintaining protection upkeep easy. I’ve thought about running Null Field to provide another chaos field but I don’t think it’s worth it. Currently my build let’s me get good might stacks and alacrity.I can maintain 16-18 stacks of might easily and can spike up to 25 stacks which makes for quite the interesting Swordsman attack. Having 58% damage reduction(I’m thinking I’ll try a damage reduction food tonight and have 68% reduction or possibly adding Scrapper runes for an additional 7%) makes life a dream when fighting 1vX. It was so funny because last night I was able to tank a 2v6 against a Scourge, soul beast, mirage, Druid, Spellbreaker and FB with nothing but a d/P theif to essentially spike down the rangers. It was fun, but I was on the edge of my seat having to time condi clears and shatters just right.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I can't find hide nor hair of an accepted support chrono build, so I've had to make my own.

Runes: LeadershipSigils: Concentration + Force

Illusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceInspiration: Medic's Feedback, Protected Phantasms, Illusionary InspirationChronomancer: All's Well That Ends Well, Improved Alacrity, Seize the Moment

Utilities: Signet of Inspiration, Well of Action, Well of RecallWeapons: Sword/Shield + Sword/X

It is a continuum split build. With Flow of Time and Seize the Moment, I have both quickness and alacrity every time I shatter. This means that, when I go to load up on boons with double casts of the Signet, I will always have alacrity and quickness to copy over. Once the clones build up, I can shatter them away for additional bursts of boons, meaning that I almost never lose momentum with this build.

A good secondary interaction comes from Persistence of Memory. The other traits mean that my phantasms always have quickness, might, and aegis, so every time I use a phantasms, I end up with those boons.

I don't know if this is the top-of-the-line super-efficient meta build, but it definitely succeeds at maintaining permanent quickness + alacrity for my team.

hi, your build sounds fun. can I ask what weapon / stat / sigil/rune do you use?

@luyamaluzihu.4765 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I can't find hide nor hair of an accepted support chrono build, so I've had to make my own.

Runes: LeadershipSigils: Concentration + Force

Illusions: Persistence of Memory, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceInspiration: Medic's Feedback, Protected Phantasms, Illusionary InspirationChronomancer: All's Well That Ends Well, Improved Alacrity, Seize the Moment

Utilities: Signet of Inspiration, Well of Action, Well of RecallWeapons: Sword/Shield + Sword/X

It is a continuum split build. With Flow of Time and Seize the Moment, I have both quickness and alacrity every time I shatter. This means that, when I go to load up on boons with double casts of the Signet, I will always have alacrity and quickness to copy over. Once the clones build up, I can shatter them away for additional bursts of boons, meaning that I almost never lose momentum with this build.

A good secondary interaction comes from Persistence of Memory. The other traits mean that my phantasms always have quickness, might, and aegis, so every time I use a phantasms, I end up with those boons.

I don't know if this is the top-of-the-line super-efficient meta build, but it definitely succeeds at maintaining permanent quickness + alacrity for my team.

hi, your build sounds fun. can I ask what weapon / stat / sigil/rune do you use?

Sigil/Rune are above. For gear, I have berserker armor and weapons, but commander's trinkets/rings/amulet/backpack. This is a fractal build, so if you want to take it into raids you'll have to convert the weapons maybe some armor pieces to commander's as well.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

I’m currently running Durability runes for the 20% boon duration and might add in some more not sure yet but it makes maintaining protection upkeep easy. I’ve thought about running Null Field to provide another chaos field but I don’t think it’s worth it. Currently my build let’s me get good might stacks and alacrity.I can maintain 16-18 stacks of might easily and can spike up to 25 stacks which makes for quite the interesting Swordsman attack. Having 58% damage reduction(I’m thinking I’ll try a damage reduction food tonight and have 68% reduction or possibly adding Scrapper runes for an additional 7%) makes life a dream when fighting 1vX. It was so funny because last night I was able to tank a 2v6 against a Scourge, soul beast, mirage, Druid, Spellbreaker and FB with nothing but a d/P theif to essentially spike down the rangers. It was fun, but I was on the edge of my seat having to time condi clears and shatters just right.

In WvW there really is only one set of runes, unless you’re a chrono, traverler’s.And still gives you a neat 15% for style, plus extra might from endurance food, it’s a 10 sec sp it falls in line with the rest of the might. Bountiful disillusionment is still top pick even after the nerf, for anything non sword mh.

@Arlette.9684 said:In WvW there really is only one set of runes, unless you’re a chrono, traverler’s.And still gives you a neat 15% for style, plus extra might from endurance food, it’s a 10 sec sp it falls in line with the rest of the might. Bountiful disillusionment is still top pick even after the nerf, for anything non sword mh.

This. Without being Chrono or running Travelers, you are slow. Oh so very slow. Its just not fun and the lack of 25% movement speed hits HARD that is something that really annoys me. I just wish they would make 25% movement speed base on all classes because base movement speed is just far too slow :/

@Arlette.9684 said:

In WvW there really is only one set of runes, unless you’re a chrono, traverler’s.And still gives you a neat 15% for style, plus extra might from endurance food, it’s a 10 sec sp it falls in line with the rest of the might. Bountiful disillusionment is still top pick even after the nerf, for anything non sword mh.

I am running Chrono. It pairs well with what I’m trying to accomplish

Archived