FB healer support PVE

lagrimabendita.8763

FB/honor/virtues (healer)FB 3/3/2 or 3/3/3, the last one for more support/healing and the first for more damage, both boost allies. Personally i will run 2/2/2 or 2/2/3 and max out quickness and i will do it in all game modes.Virtues 2/2/1Honor 2/2/3 or 2/2/1, the last one if you have 2 shouts or more.Stack healing power and condi damageBalthazar runes or boon duration runesHammer and Scepter/shield (if you want to blast combifields in tomes) This is my choice of weapons in wvw and in pve i will replace hammer with axe/torch.Axe/shield and scepter/focus (damage and support on off hand)Axe/torch and scepter/shield (main focus damage and som support in the shield (aegis)

UtilitiesMantra of Solace (aegis primarily)Mantra of lore (regen and condi removal) can be swapped for a consecration or a shout (retreat for aegis). Pve isnt that condi heavy imo.At least one utility isnt a mantra. SyG, retreat, WoR, PF are candidates.Mantra of Potence (might and quickness is never wrong)Mantra of liberation (3 stunbreakers and stability cant be bad)

if you want more damage, swap honor for radiance.

Tome of Resolve has a fairly lengthy cooldown of 40 secs; if u're going healer/support, that 40 secs will not cut it, u will need other healing options, namely the mace. and since the mace is a slow wpn, you will need quickness to offset that inherent weakness. Will the meta accept a mace wielding FB? only time will tell. In any case, seraph stats seems like a great pick for a support minded FB. I'm still iffy about the whole prospect though, support FB seems better suited for WvW than PvE.

aegis is Firebrands best healing skill. Traited in honor and with condi/healing power stacked 1,5k heal per aegis is realistic and considering Fb can spew out at least 13 aegis (21 with renewed focus) in a very short time frame and also you dont need to stand on top of the allies (except mantra of solace) i dont think there is a need for mace which imo is to situtional, small hitbox and forced to be melee range to be used. Its also easier to maintain 100% regen uptime on the team with FB skills compared to mace symbol.But mace/shield and hammer might be a nice combo as well. On the other hand FB has unlimited uptime on both protection and regen thru the tomes alone if you stack boon duration thru seraphs and runes/sigils.

@Brutaly.6257 said:aegis is Firebrands best healing skill. Traited in honor and with condi/healing power stacked 1,5k heal per aegis is realistic and considering Fb can spew out at least 13 aegis (21 with renewed focus) in a very short time frame and also you dont need to stand on top of the allies (except mantra of solace) i dont think there is a need for mace which imo is to situtional, small hitbox and forced to be melee range to be used. Its also easier to maintain 100% regen uptime on the team with FB skills compared to mace symbol.But mace/shield and hammer might be a nice combo as well. On the other hand FB has unlimited uptime on both protection and regen thru the tomes alone if you stack boon duration thru seraphs and runes/sigils.

Spamming aegis doesn't mean that you will block attacks with it. Of course it depends on the game mode, but no matter the game mode, assuming you can space out 13 stacks of aegis to block 13 attacks, is highly unrealistic.

And I don't get this hype with Pure of Heart, it heals as much as 1 pulse of Rejuvenating Tides, both base and scaling (actually Tides is 5 more base healing), which pulses 5 times, and Druid gets to spam it every 10 seconds. We don't have the raw healing numbers to compete, our perk was blocking incoming damage on top of healing, but that has no application in pve.

@PaperBishop.1574 said:They did mention upping the healing number scaling, right? So we may heal more, when the release hits.

The scaling on F2 (and the healing mantra, but that's a self-heal, so it doesn't matter) were increased, but the base values will remain the same.

A full rotation of the tome (skill 5, skill 4 and spamming the auto) only heals for 4538, and will remain that low after the change. In comparsion, druid can heal for 4870 with only skill 4 and skill 3, and they are not gated by pages, so they can use more Avatar skills.

With 1600 healing power, before the changes, the total heal was 7868. (Druid heals for 11750 with those 2 skills)

So, what counts as a significant increase? Let's say all healing scalings are doubled. The new total would be 11187. Again, barely competing with Celestial Avatar. And that's ignoring our complete lack of ranged healing, or the fact that our Tome has 4 times the cooldown of Celestial Avatar.

Yowch. They really went all-out on making Druid a healer, then. I've been in and out of the game since HoT happened and never got to touch raids, so I never realized they were... That powerful.

Still, I guess the best a Firebrand could do is boonshare, then. Might be a way to tweak together supporting heals and permanent quickness/protection/aegis/retaliation, with some pretty hefty stability. It'd take a lot of playing around with builds, though, but a lot of that would come from symbols, and symbols can heal. Lots of incidental healing on the guardian, but nothing quite so powerful as Druid, I guess.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@PaperBishop.1574 said:They did mention upping the healing number scaling, right? So we may heal more, when the release hits.

The scaling on F2 (and the healing mantra, but that's a self-heal, so it doesn't matter) were increased, but the base values will remain the same.

A full rotation of the tome (skill 5, skill 4 and spamming the auto) only heals for 4538, and will remain that low after the change. In comparsion, druid can heal for 4870 with only skill 4 and skill 3, and they are not gated by pages, so they can use more Avatar skills.

With 1600 healing power, before the changes, the total heal was 7868. (Druid heals for 11750 with those 2 skills)

So, what counts as a significant increase? Let's say all healing scalings are
doubled
. The new total would be 11187. Again, barely competing with Celestial Avatar. And that's ignoring our complete lack of ranged healing, or the fact that our Tome has 4 times the cooldown of Celestial Avatar.

We don't know for sure yet effective they will be in a support role with these changes. Still, I would hope they plan to make ToR Firebrand a respectable support class. it'd be kind of dumb if they didn't.

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

So, what counts as a significant increase? Let's say all healing scalings are
doubled
. The new total would be 11187. Again, barely competing with Celestial Avatar. And that's ignoring our complete lack of ranged healing, or the fact that our Tome has 4 times the cooldown of Celestial Avatar.

We don't know for sure yet effective they will be in a support role with these changes. Still, I would hope they plan to make ToR Firebrand a respectable support class. it'd be kind of kitten if they didn't.

When it comes to pve, firebrand only has quickness to offer; aegis, stability and healing are fluff. I'm just going through the numbers for the heck of it, to point that even under these circumstances, they still weren't generous in the slightest.

Whether a quickness bot is a respectable support class is debatable, but this is what the spec has to offer anyway. It's strictly worse than chrono when it comes to support, but has more personal damage. Raid guilds will crunch the numbers, and maybe including firebrand in a raid group is a dps increase, but firebrand will never be a meta class for its support, similar to chrono, druid and cPS, only for its dps.

And that's why it's pointless to focus on support, when its the dps that keeps the spec afloat. You get enough boon duration for perma-swiftness, but your job is dps.

@Brutaly.6257 said:aegis is Firebrands best healing skill. Traited in honor and with condi/healing power stacked 1,5k heal per aegis is realistic and considering Fb can spew out at least 13 aegis (21 with renewed focus) in a very short time frame and also you dont need to stand on top of the allies (except mantra of solace) i dont think there is a need for mace which imo is to situtional, small hitbox and forced to be melee range to be used. Its also easier to maintain 100% regen uptime on the team with FB skills compared to mace symbol.But mace/shield and hammer might be a nice combo as well. On the other hand FB has unlimited uptime on both protection and regen thru the tomes alone if you stack boon duration thru seraphs and runes/sigils.

That's not entirely true. Out of curiosity I took my mostly-Minstrel Guardian to the Quetzal Hero Point in Auric Basin for a test run. Over the course of healing 187.5k health,

• Regeneration contributed 22.7%
  • Signet of Courage (passive only) contributed 15.2%
  • Aegis contributed 13.1%
  • Bow of Truth contributed 11.3%
  • Virtue of Resolve (traited) contributed 10.1%

Besides the top two, the rankings of the rest change depending on what skills I had to use throughout the fight.

Archived