The Impossible Odds nerf finally killed Revenant for me

KRUSSIDULL.6845

Been playing Revenant exclusively in PvP since HoT release and with 2036 games on Revenant alone in the baggage its time to retire this class. Despite Revenant being a scapegoat when it goes bad I have steadily been around top 25 this season and always been in top 100/250 in the past.

By removing quickness from Impossible Odds they removed revenants downstate cleave and burst damage. It not only slower attacks that are more easily interrupted and less damage that were affected, but also the passive might regen from trait Shared Empowerment is affected.

Revenant best defence have always been being offence but now it is not viable at all. If ArenaNet want Impossible Odds to stay this way revenant really need more sustain by for example decreasing energy requirement on Reposting Shadows and Phase Traversal.

Now I'm off to probably gear my Mesmer or Thief for PvP.

Peace out.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Can we get Equilibrium back while you're at it? So we don't have to take inferior defenseless OH sword for burst damage?

I wish, the Spirit Boon traits is not good at all. But atleast you can take Inscensed Response instead which basically gives you 25 stacks of might. But I bet that is next on the chopping block.

@KRUSSIDULL.6845 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:Can we get Equilibrium back while you're at it? So we don't have to take inferior defenseless OH sword for burst damage?

I wish, the Spirit Boon traits is not good at all. But atleast you can take Inscensed Response instead which basically gives you 25 stacks of might. But I bet that is next on the chopping block.

Honestly incensed response should've never happened. It is actually OP with Glint and is a band-aid on revenant's actual problems. Why couldn't they just unnerf skill damage instead of giving instant 25 might...

@KRUSSIDULL.6845 said:

By removing quickness from Impossible Odds they removed revenants downstate cleave and burst damage. It not only slower attacks that are more easily interrupted and less damage that were affected, but also the passive might regen from trait Shared Empowerment is affected.

And the 2% bonus damage from Elder's Force as well :) and also the 5% damage modifier from the skill itself; but hey, you can use it for superspeed more cause the upkeep is lower and quickness from Phase Traversal is good!

@Miles Smiles.8951 said:

And the 2% bonus damage from Elder's Force as well :) and also the 5% damage modifier from the skill itself; but hey, you can use it for superspeed more cause the upkeep is lower and quickness from Phase Traversal is good!

Sadly Phase Traversal is way to expensive to have as a source of quickness. Using it on a swap leaves you vulnerable as you will have no energy left for stun breaks or weapon skills.

Archived