LWS4 Ep2 - Rox's Voice Change?

Kong.3280

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Yeah, the voice actress quit. She had an existential crisis where she realized that she's a cartoon cat, so she abruptly quit in the middle of recording and went off to get a degree in automotive engineering. They had to hire a temporary VA off of reddit for the remaining lines.

do you happen to be the PR manager for Nier automata? :P

• 1 month later...

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:If a change in voice actor means we'll see more of Rox and, in turn, means that she'll develop more as a character, then I'm all for it. I personally thought her voice was more fitting than the last one.

Likewise, I hope this means Anet is in the process of finding a new voice actor for Zojja because I'm really sick, tired, and fed up with how Anet has treated her since HoT and LWS3 E1 all because (from what I heard) it's a pain in the butt to schedule Felicia Day for voice acting.

Dont crap on Felicia Day shes a moma now and thats hard work in itself!

@Eona Lilith.2350 said:

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:If a change in voice actor means we'll see more of Rox and, in turn, means that she'll develop more as a character, then I'm all for it. I personally thought her voice was more fitting than the last one.

Likewise, I hope this means Anet is in the process of finding a new voice actor for Zojja because I'm really sick, tired, and fed up with how Anet has treated her since HoT and LWS3 E1 all because (from what I heard) it's a pain in the butt to schedule Felicia Day for voice acting.

Dont crap on Felicia Day shes a moma now and thats hard work in itself!

From what I hear, she was the most expensive VA to cast. That is why we didn't anything of her after HOT. The fact she is a mom is irrelevant, especially considering HOT was released two years before her baby. That being said, we need a replacement for Zojja if we ever find out about the oubliette of the plot hole she is in. Preferably one whose work won't bankrupt the company.

Guess we can't change the truth. But I really like the original Rox voice which is why I especially like when daily fractal is the molten boss one, because I can hear her in it! Now I'll hear the original one during fractals and the new one moving forward with the story, worse case, on the same day. It's gonna be quite a discord for my brain.

• 8 months later...

That rumor is annoying - as Day has stated that she has not been contacted to record anything. So, either ANet doesn't want to budget for her work (which they should have foreseen considering Zojja is a major character) or they legitimately haven't written anything for Zojja.

Archived