Claw of Retribution: recipe unavailable?

Why is the recipe for the exotic dagger "Claw of Retribution" locked at Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs?

I have crafted many legendaries, soyes, I have the mastery track for it maxed out, but the description says something about "Craft the Tier 1 precursor to be able to purchase this unlock."

Well, Wiki doesn't say that the Claw of Retribution has a precursor, and I don't know what I need to do now.

Is this a bug?

@Khisanth.2948 said:because it starts with Claw of Execution which follows the same route as the other crafting only legendaries.

Sorry, I have only crafted legendaries from before LWS3, and they all worked differently in many regards. Besides, Claw of Retribution is not part of the new legendary dagger, or is it?

I am surprised that GW2 Wiki does not mention any of this...

"Precursor weapons: Claw of Execution • Claw of Retribution • Claw of Resolution" all precursors to Claw of the Khan-Ur, and they need to be crafted in the order said there. it is indeed part of the new legendary dagger 'journey', which seems obvious to me as the recipe is sold by the legendary recipe vendor (Hobbs), if it wasn't it wouldn't be sold by him.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Eureka, The Shining Blade, The Binding of Issac, Shooshadoo, Flames of War, Sharur, The HMS Divinity all work this way

Yep, got it. ;) It's ridiculously easy, it seems? Compared to the old Legendaries, that is, which were more fun to do (because of the journey). Oh well.

The wiki does mention this, at least it does right now.

Ahh, yes. It's been updated. Sweet.

Archived