Superior Rune of the Herald 6th Bonus Not Working

I'm not receiving the protection when I cast Healing Turret on my Engineer.

I tested it with my friend Dolten today and he gets the protection when using Healing Turret but for some reason it doesn't work on my character.

I don't know how to fix this as neither relogging nor removing and re-equipping the rune did anything.

Please can someone from Anet take a look?

Superior Rune of the Herald:(6): When using a heal skill, apply Protection.png Protection to nearby allies (360 range). (Cooldown: 10 seconds)

vsAltruism:(6): When you use a heal skill, grant Fury.png fury to nearby allies for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)Could mean both

Water:(6): +15% Boon Duration.png Boon Duration; when you use a heal skill, you and nearby allies are healed for a small amount. (Cooldown: 10s)"you AND allies"

Revenant:(6): Gain 2 seconds of Resistance.png resistance when you use a heal skill (Cooldown: 10 seconds)Doesn't mention allies at all, so it should only apply to yourself and is a bad example for something not working on yourself since the point was the wording, not the effect being bugged.

Flock:(6): When you use a heal skill , you and nearby allies are healed for a small amount. (Cooldown: 10s)"you AND allies"

Defender:(6): When you block a foe's attack, heal yourself. (Cooldown: 30s)obvious one.

Centaur:(6): +20% Swiftness.png swiftness duration; when you use a heal skill , you and all nearby allies gain Swiftness.png swiftness for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)Again, you AND allies...

Brawler:(6): When you use a heal skill you gain 3 stacks of Might.png Might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)Obvious again.

Adventurer:(6): When you use a heal skill you gain 50% endurance. (Cooldown: 10s)Obvious.

Dwayna:(6): +20% Regeneration.png Regeneration duration; when you use a heal skill , you and all nearby allies gain Regeneration.png Regeneration for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)

Again, you and allies.

It doesn't specifically state that you gain anything yourself. For example, the Superior Rune of the Monk increases outgoing healing by 10%. This healing does NOT affect healing on yourself in any way. The descriptions are usually very specific and if it doesn't say that you gain something as well you should anticipate exactly that.

It's kinda weird, but that's just how it is, sorry

@"Blocki.4931" said:Again, you and allies.

It doesn't specifically state that you gain anything yourself. For example, the Superior Rune of the Monk increases outgoing healing by 10%. This healing does NOT affect healing on yourself in any way. The descriptions are usually very specific and if it doesn't say that you gain something as well you should anticipate exactly that.

How about you go into sPvP and test it yourself instead of coming here acting smart when you're blantantly wrong. Anyone can clearly see that they do affect the player.

"Outgoing Healing" is entirely different and unrelated to the topic at hand.

Not to mention that Herald runes also give me the protection when I use any other healing skill asides from Healing Turret and Med Kit. It also states:

• "Using a healing skill grants 8 seconds of Might and 5 seconds of Fury."
  • "Boons are applied in a 600-unit radius."

Ergo, you're granted the boons and included in that 600 radius.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Malerine.5762 said:You bougth all those group of 6 superior rune. You are rich. Because you have the 6th effect only if you have 6 rune.

I'm doing this in sPvP.

You are aware that stuff can work diffrently in spvp right?

You're aware I stated that when I use Herald runes in sPvP, I get the protection when I use any healing skill asides from Healing Turret or Med Kit right?

I tested this with my friend right in front of me. The Herald 6th bonus gives him protection when he uses Healing Turret and Med Kit, but not when I do.

@Malerine.5762 said:Ask a friendwho also play the sames runes if he as the same problele and check

Come on... Seriously? Do people even read? This is like the third time I'm saying this.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Malerine.5762 said:You bougth all those group of 6 superior rune. You are rich. Because you have the 6th effect only if you have 6 rune.

I'm doing this in sPvP.

I tested this with my friend right in front of me. The Herald 6th bonus gives him protection when
he
uses Healing Turret and Med Kit, but not when I do.

I can confirm this anomaly, a lot of runes just plain don't work with certain heal skills, some from core, some from HoT, others from PoF and some just not at all. I bought Herald in mind of using it in conjunction with the protection I constantly give for extra cleanses and it simply doesn't work with Healing Turret. This needs to be addressed with all runes and healing skills, it's game breaking and misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkK8iVgYOYE

@infrequentia.3465 said:i believe its only bugged on healing turret and med kit.

but i believe its because those skills don't have a real end effect.

every skill wich has a end effect (ex. casting and at the end of a skill it heals) it gives protection

neither the med kit nor healing turret have such a effect

Yeah it's only bugged with those skills.

@Blocki.4931 said:Again, you and allies.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Malerine.5762" said:You bougth all those group of 6 superior rune. You are rich. Because you have the 6th effect only if you have 6 rune.

I'm doing this in sPvP.

Rune of the Herald: Fixed a bug in which the six-piece bonus from this rune did not apply protection for all heal skills.

Kappa

Archived