PvP endure pain <> WvW endure pain

nicknamenick.2437

@Hitman.5829 said:If you want to kill the warrior in WvW then by all means go ahead and set endure pain to 2 seconds.WvW is not like PvP go cry somewhere else kid.

Lol. Did i made you angry? Haha salty mister hitman always..

Anyways. You do know that its maby 2sec (2,5with trait) but ots cooldown is also lowered by 50%..

So in the end its more a buff then a nerf. Cause now you can also use it more as a stunbreaker.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:If you want to kill the warrior in WvW then by all means go ahead and set endure pain to 2 seconds.WvW is not like PvP go cry somewhere else kid.

Anyways. You do know that its maby 2sec (2,5with trait) but ots cooldown is also lowered by 50%..

So in the end its more a buff then a nerf. Cause now you can also use it more as a stunbreaker.

A stun break? We already have stun breaks on 30 sec cooldown. Endure pain is needed in WvW for large serg battles. If you are asking for a nerf to endure pain in WvW you either don't play in sergs or you don't play warrior. Go cry somewhere else!

WvW needs more sustain for melee classes to encourage melee combat. In WvW EVERY server pirate ships and that is boring if you play as a warrior because you are a melee class and you can't do anything but watch!

@Hitman.5829 said:

A stun break? We already have stun breaks on 30 sec cooldown. Endure pain is needed in WvW for large serg battles. If you are asking for a nerf to endure pain in WvW you either don't play in sergs or you don't play warrior. Go cry somewhere else!

WvW needs more sustain for melee classes to encourage melee combat. In WvW EVERY server pirate ships and that is boring if you play as a warrior because you are a melee class and you can't do anything but watch!

Y except thats not for core warriors. And its not just a stunbreak. You dont have to agree with it. But the way you set your tone is saying enough... kid.

@Hitman.5829 said:A stun break? We already have stun breaks on 30 sec cooldown. Endure pain is needed in WvW for large serg battles. If you are asking for a nerf to endure pain in WvW you either don't play in sergs or you don't play warrior. Go cry somewhere else!

Endure pain, and the like invuln skills enables bad positioning, game play and prevents the class from ever really having its defensive faults fixed. I am glad they are getting fixed. Defy pain is a crutch and I am not saying that as a hur dur warriors an easy peasy class cuz it has defy pain... I am saying this because almost every class has one of the mechanics, ranger has SoS and merge pet skills, thief has instant reflexes, herald has infused light, chrono has distortion + shield blocks... the list goes on.

We have huge amounts of sustain... Healing signet over a 15 sec period is roughly 6k passive healing and a 3bar adrenal health is roughly 7.5k over 15sec. With the exception of firebrand and druid very few classes have that kind of sustain without pumping in healing power.

Never mind that we tones of tools to help with engages: Shield block, greatsword evade, rifle evade, strength line and its endurance regen traits, defy pain...

From what I've read in previous threads it seems like your trying to live some kind of power fantasy like 3/4 of people playing wvw are and not paying attention to what is going on around you. If this is the case I would suggest the following going naked, not running defy pain / trait and ask your self when you die: what happened?

@Eval.2371 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:A stun break? We already have stun breaks on 30 sec cooldown. Endure pain is needed in WvW for large serg battles. If you are asking for a nerf to endure pain in WvW you either don't play in sergs or you don't play warrior. Go cry somewhere else!

Endure pain, and the like invuln skills enables bad positioning, game play and prevents the class from ever really having its defensive faults fixed. I am glad they are getting fixed. Defy pain is a crutch and I am not saying that as a hur dur warriors an easy peasy class cuz it has defy pain... I am saying this because almost every class has one of the mechanics, ranger has SoS and merge pet skills, thief has instant reflexes, herald has infused light, chrono has distortion + shield blocks... the list goes on.

We have huge amounts of sustain... Healing signet over a 15 sec period is roughly 6k passive healing and a 3bar adrenal health is roughly 7.5k over 15sec. With the exception of firebrand and druid very few classes have that kind of sustain without pumping in healing power.

Never mind that we tones of tools to help with engages: Shield block, greatsword evade, rifle evade, strength line and its endurance regen traits, defy pain...

From what I've read in previous threads it seems like your trying to live some kind of power fantasy like 3/4 of people playing wvw are and not paying attention to what is going on around you. If this is the case I would suggest the following going naked, not running defy pain / trait and ask your self when you die: what happened?

Why can't people understand that warrior is the only true melee class and thus it needs passive sustain to survive.If you can't grasp this simple concept I dare you to play warrior without sustain and go in WvW or PvP and post a video on how you get instantly killed by all the other classes.

@"Hitman.5829" said:

Why can't people understand that warrior is the only true melee class and thus it needs passive sustain to survive.If you can't grasp this simple concept I dare you to play warrior without sustain and go in WvW or PvP and post a video on how you get instantly killed by all the other classes.

Here. I am not even good either. Still processing on the higher qualities This is just 20 mins of unedited play.

@Eval.2371 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:

Here. I am not even good either.
Still processing on the higher qualities
This is just 20 mins of unedited play.

Can't see the video because copy right, but I don't need to see it. I already know you are going to post a roaming video. If you are interested, please show us how you survive 60 vs 60 vs 60 without defense traits or endure pain.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:Can we have the pvp endure pain from pvp in wvw also? Just like you do it for rangers now..

I dont like that they are different between these modes

Edit: they dont need to be different in the first place..

Why don't you?It's the easiest way to bring balance... if something works perfectly in a game mode, you leave it as it is, then you try to fix it in the other game mode ( instead of trying to modify what already works in the first place ).

The video is now playable and I watched it. You did not use endure pain, but you went all chicken by using range weapons and fighting from the comfort of the back and constantly resting your health. Make a video where you use melee combat as a FRONT LINE FIGHTER with Great sword, hammer, sword + Shield. Let's see how you survive as a melee warrior!

You basically turned a warrior into a ranger! LMAO so funny!If you want to range from the back, i encourage you to play ranger instead of rifle warrior because it is easier and you can spam pew pew pew more effectively.

@Hitman.5829 said:Why can't people understand that warrior is the only true melee class and thus it needs passive sustain to survive.If you can't grasp this simple concept I dare you to play warrior without sustain and go in WvW or PvP and post a video on how you get instantly killed by all the other classes.

I'd argue that the Thief has always been a true melee class as well (at least until Deadeye). Well, it may not stay in melee range continuously, but it can't do much damage when not in melee. So we know exactly how it is to get instantly killed by all other classes because there is little sustain... at least when actually attacking. There's too much AoE for the Thief to even get close to a target... especially with our small health pool and lack of damage mitigation. We get single-target melee attacks (no AoE) with average damage. It's an absolutely terribly designed class... especially for PvP. Even the glassiest of glass cannons can't get through the defenses of today's game, and will break apart against anything other than another Thief. Alas, it's a sad thing.

@Hitman.5829 said:The video is now playable and I watched it. You did not use endure pain, but you went all chicken by using range weapons and fighting from the comfort of the back and constantly resting your health. Make a video where you use melee combat as a FRONT LINE FIGHTER with Great sword, hammer, sword + Shield. Let's see how you survive as a melee warrior!

You basically turned a warrior into a ranger! LMAO so funny!If you want to range from the back, i encourage you to play ranger instead of rifle warrior because it is easier and you can spam pew pew pew more effectively.

I second this as a warrior main :) There's more to it than being a bubble bot too. Providing CC with hammer and going for an F1 chain is just unmatched in terms of fun for me.

If Endure Pain only lasted 2 seconds the entire class would take a way too massive hit. In PvP those few seconds might be okay, just so they can't stall out fights as effectively, where they might actually sustain through one person for a bit longer. Everything is balanced around classes having around the same kill and death times, people can join and leave fights etc. WvW fights mean a long way to walk once you're dead and having 30 to 50 people fight you is a tiny bit different compared to small scale pvp fights.

Archived