Ultimately, the most frustrating problem in this game's pvp is...

Razor.6392

@Razor.6392 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Yeah buddy but your active defenses don't need to also allow you to to nuke people out of the map without fear of interruption or punishment.

Doesn't earth scepter 5 and arcane shield allow you to do the same?

@Legatus.3608 said:They roughly dash the same (Mirage can actually dash nearly indefinitely), shadowstep = blink and 2x infil arrow roughly = 3x jaunt

Mirage thrust and phase retreat have basically no counter from thief in open land unless you are chasing a specific target. Thief is better at chasing a specific target, not necessarily at general mobility. For example mirage is capable of chasing down thief because steal and infil strike need a target.

I'm not sure how you look at that list and say thief comes out ahead tbh. Thief can chase more with steal and infil strike, but that doesn't necessarily equate to mobility. Mirage is ahead. There was a thread recently on thief forum where we discussed this.

Mirage is essentially the most mobile class in gw2 right now especially considering portal.

Actually I said something wrong it was 5 dashes instead of 6 (saw the pve version of signet).In a short run, meaning blow off everything and the one that gets farther wins, mirage gets the edge, in the long run thief wins.Wasn't taking infil strike into account since s/d doesn't use dd.

Again, I was saying excluding portal.

Yeah, once every 40 seconds. While mesmer can chain invulns with frenzy, dodges, deception utility skills (the ones that grant cloak), blocks (shield or sword or chaos storm), distortion, mirage mirrors.

Add stealth on top for the ultimate fun package :3There is only one invul on mesmer fyi. Other classes have their ways to mitigate damageMany other skills have inbuild evade frames , try again. Only mesmer have dodges... Mmmmm other classes lost access to it ? Didnt knowDeception utility skills ignored because portal/blink is a must of any mesmer build.Like thief doesnt have spammable evades,block-breakstun and stealth . kappa.Mirrors came from heal only ,one per 25 seconds ,mind to explain how come desert distortion is a problem with tis cooldown and its not even considered taking? I would get worse version of ranger companion defense any day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:2 things that should not be in this game or any other......

1. traited invulnerablities
  2. Weapon skills that give evade frames.

If weapons skills do give evade frames they need to be on a long long cd.....12 seconds for blured frenzy is broke asf. I can give a few more examples but im sure the community is aware of them.

Blurred frenzy should have been nerfed years ago

@"Takashiro.8701" said:The high amount of defense in the game is there because of how ridiculous the overall damage of classes have become.For most classes right now, it's "either you have a defense active or you're dead."I'm all for tuning down defenses, but in order to do that, we also need to be able to facetank attacks without dying in less than a second.

They need to tuen down defense and damage, and they also need to add selective tanky amulets back to the game such as soliders amulet.

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:2 things that should not be in this game or any other......

If weapons skills do give evade frames they need to be on a long long cd.....12 seconds for blured frenzy is broke asf. I can give a few more examples but im sure the community is aware of them.

They should remove you from forum, less trolls its good

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:2 things that should not be in this game or any other......

They should remove you from forum, less trolls its good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Proves you lost the argument. Time to nerf mesmer's f1-f4 :dizzy:

@Lordrosicky.5813 said:

Did you forget when it used to be 2.5s invuln (not evade) on 8s traited cooldown? Ie it was nerfed.

I don't get the issue with a rooted evade on 12s cooldown (given many trait blinding dissiapation or evasive mirror over fencer's finesse), and I don't even like using sword on mirage. I mean you can spam evades on ranger sw/d with mobility built in.

Archived