i am new

Scallywag.5206

Death Magic - Blood Magic - Spite/Curses/Elite Spec (3rd slot is preference).

The new version of vampiric aura is rather strong on a minion build because it duplicates on each minion.

Be warned, minions are terrible for PVP and for instances, but they dominate hard in open world.

@Rhyse.8179 said:Death Magic - Blood Magic - Spite/Curses/Elite Spec (3rd slot is preference).

The new version of vampiric aura is rather strong on a minion build because it duplicates on each minion.

Be warned, minions are terrible for PVP and for instances, but they dominate hard in open world.

I wouldn't say for instances, necessarily. You never want to go full minion master for raids, but for dungeons it's not bad. I'm not the best Necro (not bad either,) but I can solo dungeons running a MM build.

Minion masters are pretty gear independent overall. Best I can say is try out all the weapons you can use and see what you like most. From there, then you can decide on what stat attributes you want. For example, no point in prioritizing condition damage in gear if your favorite weapon is mainhand axe. Most weapon mainhands have some synergy with minions; staff provides AoE Regeneration to keep them alive, Dagger has a lengthy Immobilize (and chains really well with Bone Fiend active to hold a target in place for quite a while), Axe amplifies their damage output with vulnerability. Only Scepter doesn't have much synergy, but despite that, it's perfectly fine to use with minions.

There are only three stats that minions do inherit from their master: Boon duration, condition duration, and condition damage. Don't get too wrapped up in this, because only one minion uses condition damage at all, and Jagged Horrors don't live long (also only come from Rune of the Lich or Death Nova, so no summoning them on-demand). Only Flesh Golem applies a boon (Stability to itself). Of the three, only Condition duration (or Expertise) has much of an impact, but even that is overall minor in how it plays. If you want to use any of these stats, make sure that your build has a use for them without factoring in the minions.

@Scallywag.5206 said:what weapons would you recommend using ? what should be the attributes i should focus on

Axe/focus is ideal because the vulnerability stacking increases your minion damage by a lot. Focus 4 is unreliable though so you can sub it for warhorn if you like it better. Scepter is the only choice if you want a condi build. Staff is good to have on swap for CC.

If you go axe, obviously that means a power build, so get berserker armor. You'll be plenty durable enough with the minions to away with it. Marauder armor is excellent if berserker is too fragile for you. For a condi build Viper stats are ideal, or Grieving (pof), or Sinister (core - from silverwastes) if you don't have HOT.

Archived