Gardens

I bought a garden when they were first at the gem store. I made primers which I recall lasted 12 hours. Thinking this is good, I bought another. At some point the primer time was reduced to 2 hours! Did I hallucinate this? Checked with various people and yes they did last 12 hours. Having bought 2 at 1000 gems I feel most aggrieved. Would you sell me a car which did 60 mpg and two weeks or so later it did 10 mpg. This is miss-selling from an industry to a consumer . A compromise may be to increase it to 6 hours.

@Dr Strange.6418 said:I bought a garden when they were first at the gem store. I made primers which I recall lasted 12 hours. Thinking this is good, I bought another. At some point the primer time was reduced to 2 hours! Did I hallucinate this? Checked with various people and yes they did last 12 hours. Having bought 2 at 1000 gems I feel most aggrieved. Would you sell me a car which did 60 mpg and two weeks or so later it did 10 mpg. This is miss-selling from an industry to a consumer . A compromise may be to increase it to 6 hours.

The tool tip always said 2hrs, but the food primer (I think) lasted 12hrs. I was hoping this was an error on the utility primer not lasting 12hrs or that the tool tips were wrong. But unfortunately, they only last 2hrs now. I like your idea of increasing to 6hrs in duration.

I totally agree 2 hours is a big drop from the 12 hours we were originally given and 2000 gems for both gardens is outrageous considering we have been playing the game over 5 years plus 11 years playing guild wars 1 and personally have spent an awful lot in game so feel aggrieved that the primers have been reduced to only 2 hours not really worth the time and effort. this is a huge cost for little back. feeling very disappointed :(

It's was never misrepresented as anything other than a 2hr timer. This longer lasting primer was a bug. It was indeed announced in the patch notes a while back that it was fixed. You can purchase a garden and make them lasting 2hrs for the gems you paid, or purchase 12 HR ones from the gems store, or hope to get them out of a Bl chest, or use statuettes.

@Dr Strange.6418 said:I bought a garden when they were first at the gem store. I made primers which I recall lasted 12 hours. Thinking this is good, I bought another. At some point the primer time was reduced to 2 hours! Did I hallucinate this? Checked with various people and yes they did last 12 hours. Having bought 2 at 1000 gems I feel most aggrieved. Would you sell me a car which did 60 mpg and two weeks or so later it did 10 mpg. This is miss-selling from an industry to a consumer . A compromise may be to increase it to 6 hours.

Contact support. I don't know if they can remove an upgrade or not, but it can't hurt to ask.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Contact support. I don't know if they can remove an upgrade or not, but it can't hurt to ask.

Several people asked at the time they were first added and support said they could refund the gems if the Black Lion Garden Plot Deeds weren't used (ie were still in your inventory) but if you'd used them and added them to your home instance they couldn't do anything.

Archived