[Suggestion] Could we please have enemy Spellbreakers Winds elite a different colour effect?

Brit.9726

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:

@coglin.1496 said:Please tell me you are looking into this for skill across all professions. This has been requested for years on various skills across multiple professions. I would really hate to see the golden children in the game, warriors, suddenly have this change exclusive to one of their skills while the rest of us are ignored......

What other skills fx do you have a problem with?

Mesmer portals would be another big one I reckon from the base game. Sand Shades could be another good potential to differentiate between. I'm being kinda biased in that I'm mainly thinking about Zerg fights and what I would consider hard to telegraph. So basically I'm thinking about the important skills I rather see the skill effect change on in regards to guild/zerg fights. Speaking of Dragonhunter traps if it were to ever be changed... there is an enemy red PvE version of that too in the PoF maps.

@coglin.1496 said:Please tell me you are looking into this for skill across all professions. This has been requested for years on various skills across multiple professions. I would really hate to see the golden children in the game, warriors, suddenly have this change exclusive to one of their skills while the rest of us are ignored......

As a rule of thumb any skill that benefits allies for interacting with it and punishes enemies at the same time needs to be distinguishable easily. A game that mastered this is overwatch where all abilities have a different color if used by the enemy team. They even went so far as to have different voicelines depending on if its an ally or an enemy who activated an ult, allowing you instantly to react based on hearing alone. Except for heroes like torbjörn who they counted on only one team to bring.

Renegade enemy summons.

@"McKenna Berdrow.2759" a few posters replied in regards to other skills that are difficult to distinguish between "friendly" and "enemy", this has in fact been a "living issue" for some time and I do recall historical threads being brought up to help better distinguish them. However, those skills listed are not nearly as detrimental as WoD. I'm hopeful you address all the skill fx concerns in this thread in regards to helping distinguish the difference but please prioritize the WoD effect B)

Plaguelands is barely visible, so when I drop it I can't tell where I placed it and then other players move the mobs out of it because no one can see it. It is a barely visible pulse.

Corrosive Poison cloud would be nice it it was a bit more distinctive too so my teammates would know they could stand in it for projectile destruction.

I'm guessing in pvp/wvw these have red outlines, but for pve they're both underwhelming and barely visible.

@Arimas.3492 said:I'd love WoD to be red for enemies. There's already versions of it in the new maps with some harpy enemies using the skill and its red don't see why they can't make it happen for players.

with the visual clutter is impossible to know if is ally of enemy... and sometimes even see the enemy, this screen is with GW2 with eveything at low

JPtIUhd.jpg

akgN8kH.jpg

0UzEZfE.jpg

1mwaAJf.jpg

2RW4skQ.jpg

Even with 3 players....DLa4tos.jpg

Archived