Bear Stance [WvW/PvP]

skystorm.9280

I feel like if Bear stance got a ~5 second cool down it would help a lot due to the ever increasing presence and application of condi meta that has been around for years now. I keep looking at this skill and really only find its use when zerging and running it with LotP.

If it were to have a shorter CD, combine that with Leader of the Pack, then it really allows you not only take care of condi's at a respectable rate but also have your heal itself readily available earlier as well. I disagree when people argue saying 'well then it would have the same CD as a Survival Troll Unguent and be arguably better,' however I find that there should be a very strong and fearful thing about going up against a Soulbeast; you have the immortal Firebrands with their hundreds of tomes, the very tanky and powerful, boon-ripping Spellbreakers with their full-counter, the very scary condi-chucking Scourges with barrier and shades, the hard hitting holosmith's both at range and melee going in holomode, mirages....., and the one shot elusive Deadeyes with that ominous mark hanging above your head.

The heals current purpose is to deal with Condition damage and some might say well if you want it to always be up to deal with condi's then that's a little OP - the heal does do a good job with condi's at keeping me alive but when dealing with power builds it really falls short with a 25 second heal.

It would be nice to have a very powerful heal or rather some trait that really makes the enemy player go "oh snap!" As of the release of Soulbeast I cant really say that there is anything that makes it really outstanding in the field of WvW - while it is a decent roamer it does not shine in any one particular mode if anything only making it a better version of LB core ranger with unblockable 4 seconds and a tiny bit of boost to damage. These are just my two cents that I felt like sharing - I may be wrong about Bear Stance, but I definetly want to see something outstanding happen to Soulbeast. I hope most feel the same way and are not content with how it currently is.

Bear has a low base healing (4K ish) and only shines when you are being affected by conditions. TU heals you always but don’t cleanse.

They are fundamentally different.

I agree stances in general needs a little push, although I would say to put charges.

With LotP sharing only 50% duration is very hard to earn an spot in a squad, having charges + the stances stack would probably shift a little bit the public view.

CD changes wouldn't be enough, Bear stance should have a bigger initial heal as well as higher heal on condi removal and removing more condi's per tick. The full duration should remove at least 10 unique conditions plus 2 on activation. Condi removal across the board needs to be prioritized so that at least 1 damaging condition can be removed per tick.

@anduriell.6280 said:Bear has a low base healing (4K ish) and only shines when you are being affected by conditions. TU heals you always but don’t cleanse.

They are fundamentally different.

I agree stances in general needs a little push, although I would say to put charges.

With LotP sharing only 50% duration is very hard to earn an spot in a squad, having charges + the stances stack would probably shift a little bit the public view.

The status of our unchanged stances really pale in comparison to their mirror in warriors stances which in theory should be of equal standings and currently only have use in PvE condi build. When you look at Druids glyphs they are very reflective of what Druid does and what a druid is, they even do a good job of being on better terms with respect to ele glyphs. I agree that our stances need a big helping hand - with the dagger being its weapon and being able to absorb a pet I really think this elite should be melee favoring. It is really upsetting to see how much potential this had and how it really was a beast in beta/release.

@Prophet.1584 said:CD changes wouldn't be enough, Bear stance should have a bigger initial heal as well as higher heal on condi removal and removing more condi's per tick. The full duration should remove at least 10 unique conditions plus 2 on activation. Condi removal across the board needs to be prioritized so that at least 1 damaging condition can be removed per tick.

They could just straight up bump up the tick frequency without changing overall length to cover more cleanses.Base heal should be increased and heal per cleanse a bit decreased to compensate.This would give just more use for bear stance and the overal heal would get ibcreased due to the higher number if cleanse ticks.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Prophet.1584 said:CD changes wouldn't be enough, Bear stance should have a bigger initial heal as well as higher heal on condi removal and removing more condi's per tick. The full duration should remove at least 10 unique conditions plus 2 on activation. Condi removal across the board needs to be prioritized so that at least 1 damaging condition can be removed per tick.

They could just straight up bump up the tick frequency without changing overall length to cover more cleanses.Base heal should be increased and heal per cleanse a bit decreased to compensate.This would give just more use for bear stance and the overal heal would get ibcreased due to the higher number if cleanse ticks.

I think you and @Sandzibar.5134 got it right; in theory I would like see that it either has a faster tick in removing the condition damage in the current state of the game OR provide a pulsing resistance? With a good chunk of professions now having more access among their traits and utilities I would like for ranger to follow in suit in the shape of Bear Stance giving it as well.

@skystorm.9280 said:

I think you and @Sandzibar.5134 got it right; in theory I would like see that it either has a faster tick in removing the condition damage in the current state of the game OR provide a pulsing resistance? With a good chunk of professions now having more access among their traits and utilities I would like for ranger to follow in suit in the shape of Bear Stance giving it as well.

i like the idea of increasing the tick speed and heal per tick but would like to stay away from any more boons on stances. With the number of boon strips and corrupts it becomes a liability in the current meta.

Archived