Infinite loading screen

SHQD.8374

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too 8-) My main is trapped in the Desert Highlands. Selecting this character results in a stuck loading screen with nice music and then I get kicked from the network.(Code=7:0:0:1026:01) The problem arose when I tried to use the pass to "Lily of the Elon" which failed with a timeout. Since then I am unable to use this character. Other characters work fine. Since it's my main I'd like to continue the story rather soon...

@Crovax.3174 said:Me too 8-) My main is trapped in the Desert Highlands. Selecting this character results in a stuck loading screen with nice music and then I get kicked from the network.(Code=7:0:0:1026:01) The problem arose when I tried to use the pass to "Lily of the Elon" which failed with a timeout. Since then I am unable to use this character. Other characters work fine. Since it's my main I'd like to continue the story rather soon...

Quick work 8-) Honestly I don't know if it was you. I ran the complete network diagnostic (gw2-64.exe -diag) which showed dropped packets and I reset the port forward entries (port 80, 443 and 6112) and now I can log in with the trapped character. Maybe this helps others.

Its happening on anything and everything.. story, map swap, tp, quest instances.. its just a train wreck at the moment.. guess they knew this stuff was gunna hit, and what better time to patch than Friday afternoon.. they get a whole weekend to sit around laughing at us fools who pre ordered it before they have to start trying to put stuff right.I've played some poor MMO expacs over the years and expect some teething issues but this is way past that and is smelling real bad tbh.

waypointed to the desert highlands, 5 mins ago, and got infinite loadscreen followed by a kick:

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com. (Code=42:5:7:718:101)

Now i cant log in to that character, loadscreen says Crystal Oasis and the map i.p.s I've seen so far are:

Edit:

Can't log on to a character in lions arch, but i can log a character in Heart of the mists

DC'ed in "Torn from the Sky" and now my Character is stuck in the prologue Loading screen again (so basically rolled back to the previous mission).

Other characters can't load in maps as well now.

Additional Information retrieved via the "-mapLoadinfo" command show no network activity from the Server whatsoever.Loading is constantly stuck on: "WAIT_FOR_SERVER"Basically it seems those Server are down or unresponsive.

Hanging in state_server_wait for minute after minute until discon started and became an occasional event for me about the last large update before release. Since then it's become more prevalent - at the moment I would estimate I have a less than 50% chance of loading into any instance/map successfully. Prior to that last large update session change was dependable. The only "work around" I've discovered is to kill the game process in task manager, log back in and try again with my fingers crossed. So far, worst run on record is three times in a row.

I'm in Australia. I have available and usually use a gaming vpn (which has shown usual latency and connectivity over the last fortnight; my "in game" ping is usually around 220ms.) Swapping end-point servers to another of the 6 or so I have available in the US makes no apparent difference, nor does specifying a particular login server (using launch buddy or command line switch).

I have the feeling that this is an issue with load or bottlnecking. I think that some resource is maxed and isn't performing it's tasks in a timely manner. I'd be very interested in Anets server metrics atm, and the results from the load test trials.

Did you add more hamsters and grunt to the server farm and/or network layer post load-trials Anet, or are we keeping costs down atm and "making do"?

Bumping, because this is getting RIDICULOUS.

Every single day, multiple times a day I get infinite loading screens. Half the time I am unable to log in for long periods of time afterwards.

No suggested fixes posted so far have helped me any, and I'm reasonably sure that it's a problem failing to communicate with overburderend servers. With -mapload info enabled, I get stuck at 0% loaded permanently stuck in STATE_SERVER_WAIT until I either close the client, or I get disconnected with the message: "The game client lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again."

Edit: I just got an infinite loading screen 4 out of the last 5 times just now. I'm frankly getting exasperated.

Also just to add more information: The error message I eventually get during the infinite loading (usually about 5 minutes of loading) is: "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:0:0:1026:101)" At this point, the game either will exit to the login screen, or I will get a blank white screen, where nothing happens until I end task/alt-F4.

Usually I wind up teleported to the START of whatever instance/map I was in PRIOR, like a zone portal, though sometimes I remain exactly where I was.

The message I get most frequently when I'm unable to log in AFTER an infinite loading screen is: "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again.OKBuild: 82696Error Code: 7:1000:7006:462"

Oddly enough, it usually forgets my password at this point, even though I have 'Remember Password' checked.

Have tried the following things to fix this recurring issue:-Ran -repair-Deleted local.dat-Have tried "-clientport" for ports I know are open and functional.-Using "-assetsrv" for specific IP's (A reddit suggested fix)-ipconfig /release /renew-restarted my computer and router/cable modem several times

Nothing seems to help, as I'm reasonably sure it's nothing on my end. I want to submit a support ticket, but I have honestly very little information to put on a ticket to help diagnose things.I will try deleting my GW2 folder and any hidden folders I can find pertaining to the install and reinstalling from scratch next, but I doubt this will do anything.

I am also getting frequent hangs on loading screens after using a waypoint , entering an instance, or joining a party member's instance of a map. It does eventually time out but after so many occurrences of the issue, I've resorted to force closing and reopening the game because it's quicker... Any official word?

Archived