Trading Post Item Update

With the recent uncovering of the Price difference of the Ghastly Grinning Shield weapon Vs the Ghastly Grinning Shield skin on the TP caused by a bug not showing the ghastly grinning shield weapon having supply, even though 2 are present, I was wondering will we ever get a new more updated Trading post? It's been along time since we had updates to the TP. Thanks and Thanks for PoF, it's freaking awesome!

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Thus it would be better if you could make a list of the changes you'd like to see.

1.) Some people don't work for free2.) Anet has 5 years worth of suggestions they could search through if they want ideas on how to improve the TP.

Reading the OP's statement, it is clear-as-day that he was using the bug as a starting point to move to suggesting the TP get some attention from Arenanet. In no way did he imply that upgrading the Trading Post would solve this issue.

@Neural.1824 said:

Thus it would be better if you could make a list of the changes you'd like to see.

1.) Some people don't work for free2.) Anet has 5 years worth of suggestions they could search through if they want ideas on how to improve the TP.

Reading the OP's statement, it is clear-as-day that he was using the bug as a starting point to move to suggesting the TP get some attention from Arenanet. In no way did he imply that upgrading the Trading Post would solve this issue.

Sorry, no, it wasn't at all clear to me. They picked an exceptional case with an exceptional history as their only example. That's why the initial post implies that upgrading the TP would address this particular issue and discover other similar issues.

Regarding people not working for free: no one is suggesting that anyone work for ANet. The OP wants to see the TP change, but they didn't given any details. How is ANet to determine what the OP wants? There are 5 years of suggestions, some of which were implemented, many of which some people do not want, and for all we know, the OP isn't interested in any of the ideas or worried about the issues that led to those suggestions.

So again, if the OP has thoughts on what is wrong or what they'd like to see, they should say so. Otherwise, this is simply a report of a known issue.

No, was only using the shield as an example. I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find more out of place items. Only reason I called the shield into question was I looked at it and thought It odd that the actual shield is way cheaper than the skin, even though they are the same thing. So I came to the conclusion it must be a bug or something because speculators would never let that slide, I just wish I had the gold to buy one. I'm sure others have found other examples, but I hardly ever see folks post about the TP as of late. I figure since Anet is in the upgrading mood, maybe the TP can get some TLC aswell!

PS: It can be seen, but shows zero supply until you actually click on the shield. Again that was only an example. Just in general a new overhaul may be nice in the future not that PoF is done.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Sorry, no, it wasn't at all clear to me.

Pretty sure that's your problem, not ours.

There is no forum rule stating that a person cannot make a statement expressing their dislike for something in game without providing Arenanet an unpaid solution to the problem. We don't work for them, we are not under a contract of any sort to assist them in any manner with running their business/game. The forums are a location in which players can provide feedback to Arenanet regarding the product (GW2).

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Sorry, no, it wasn't at all clear to me.

Pretty sure that's your problem, not ours.

There is no forum rule stating that a person cannot make a statement expressing their dislike for something in game without providing Arenanet an unpaid solution to the problem. We don't work for them, we are not under a contract of any sort to assist them in any manner with running their business/game. The forums are a location in which players can provide feedback to Arenanet regarding the product (GW2).

Don't fall for the troll bait, but you are right. My goal is to just provide a reminder that the TP could use some TLC, I don't know what would be practical so I wouldn't pretend to suggest an idea to A-net, they are pretty skilled developers, I know they could whip up something great for the TP. To take me seriously on my request I should have threw a hissy fit and demanded a refund or talked mad trash on A-net, or maybe I should say the old favorite "SLAP IN THE FACE!!! Keeping the conversation civilized? My bad.

So maybe to offer an Idea, one feature I always wanted was maybe to see price variations within the market, to see whats trending and what isn't without having to keep a constant record daily of prices sold vs prices added. As a numbers kind of person I really enjoy being able to read financial reports of market Supply vs demand, and get a nice feel for what is trending and what isn't. So maybe something along the lines of a regular line graph that we can add different items to and compare and contrast peaks and declines. Of course this is most likely an option your average player wouldn't care for, but I used to love the in-game player run economy in certain games of old, was always fun to follow.

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Well I started at the top of the thread and I read it the same way Illconceived was Na did. So...

1.) No one asked anyone to "work". You want something changed, you have to do something about it. It's not work, it's effort.2.) Yes, and I am sure it isn't the only or most pressing thing they need to address.

Again, it was clear as day to you, it may not be to everyone. It isn't a criticism of the OP but there is no real need to be hateful to anyone else because they did not understand. Maybe you didn't mean to be rude when you typed your reply to IWN, but is clear-as-day to me that is what you were doing.

Clearly it's not pressing or game breaking, I mean the example I used for the Ghastly Grinning shield is actually a steal for people to buy the regular weapon as opposed to the skin and unlock the same wardrobe unlock, however no one can see it unless they uncheck the Show supply only box even though it has 2 supply. SO I mean that actually benefit's whoever has the gold and wants one for 700 cheaper than the skin. I merely stated that the system is in need of an update, clearly we may not see one for years, but hey it's nice to dream.

Another thing that would be nice is maybe allow for automatic preset searches. Like be able to filter out level 69 and below armor/weapons, or maybe show only level 80 Buff's/utility buffs. Rather than having to constantly filter these items for every search. Just have a form of preset that you can switch whenever, but remembers what you last looked through and for.

Archived