Noxious Pods

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:How are you going about farming?It comes down to the time investment issue. Each time I've done significant farming there, I've joined a squad pre-meta and then slogged through all the events before finally shifting into harvesting mode to tackle all the pods. That's what, maybe an hour investment overall to get a crack at 60+ pods and with my harvesting rate I'd be lucky to see 50 ore from that. I know there are a few on the non-meta map, but it's maybe only about 5 to 8 or so, and it takes some time to find and reach them all. Due to my schedule, I'd much prefer a more schedule-friendly setup where maybe you can invest say 15 minutes to get a crack at 15 pods.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:How are you going about farming?It comes down to the time investment issue. Each time I've done significant farming there, I've joined a squad pre-meta and then slogged through all the events before finally shifting into harvesting mode to tackle all the pods. That's what, maybe an hour investment overall to get a crack at 60+ pods and with my harvesting rate I'd be lucky to see 50 ore from that. I know there are a few on the non-meta map, but it's maybe only about 5 to 8 or so, and it takes some time to find and reach them all. Due to my schedule, I'd much prefer a more schedule-friendly setup where maybe you can invest say 15 minutes to get a crack at 15 pods.

I'm with you, which is why I discounted the guild hall skins: I'm just interested enough to visit DS every so often for legendary; I'm demotivated to grind for a mini or skin from which I can't remove the guild emblem.But (returning to the OP's question), that's exactly why ANet isn't likely to add this to the home instance: they want to maintain the incentives for visiting DS, not to undermine them.

Another option I'd be happy with is lifting the 3 max per day spending rate on Guild Commendations at the Guild trader. The only thing I buy with commendations is crystalline ore, and I earn them way faster than I can spend them since crystalline ore comes up so infrequently (1 to 2 times per month, expending 3 to 6 commendations per month) compared to the rate at which you can earn guild commendations (~48 per month)

Archived