Anet, Please Just Tell Us You're Listening

RicochetXD.4128

At this point I don't care if you give us an answer you don't like, but people have been complaining about the new DE mechanics since they launched. They don't work. They're broken. There's pages and pages of reasons on it.

And we haven't heard a peep from you.

Please just respond to this thread and let us know you're listening. Even if your answer is "I'm not going to change anything", that's an improvement to this silence. And I would presume most people on the forums agree.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"RicochetXD.4128" said:At this point I don't care if you give us an answer you don't like, but people have been complaining about the new DE mechanics since they launched. They don't work. They're broken. There's pages and pages of reasons on it.

Please just respond to this thread and let us know you're listening. Even if your answer is "I'm not going to change anything", that's an improvement to this silence. And I would presume most people on the forums agree.

People have also been praising them. Chill out, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't. The forum users make up a fraction of actual players, and I've heard nothing but good things from my friends in-game. Though this is speaking from a purely WvW-Perspective.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"RicochetXD.4128" said:At this point I don't care if you give us an answer you don't like, but people have been complaining about the new DE mechanics since they launched. They don't work. They're broken. There's pages and pages of reasons on it.

People have also been praising them. Chill out, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean
everyone
doesn't. The forum users make up a
fraction
of actual players, and I've heard nothing but good things from my friends in-game. Though this is speaking from a purely WvW-Perspective.

a lot of people who play DE in PvP, WvW don't really play it in high end PvE because of DE being a sorry excuse as a PvE DPS some even get kicked out of t3 and up parties just for being DE and not staff DD - but there are some of us who main DE, main rifle for PvE and try to make it work despite all the low expectations from us by other classes/specs.

you should try and promote your stealth gameplay DE rifle in pug t4 fractals, see if people would love you for it. --- not only do you give redundant boons that druids already give, you also don't have the personal DPS potential to match your fellow people who slot in for the DPS role and now with this rework it's more taxing to even try to match the peak DPS the older DE rifle builds were able to achieve.

for WvW, sure it may be better but those changes don't belong in PvE. and we can say that majority of the players in GW2 play PvE while about less of that play PvP and WvW

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.pvpRankhttps://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank

look how many players are sitting on a low rank or bothered to touch the pvp gameplay at all staying at rank 1 for either PvP/WvW

@Turk.5460 said:

People have also been praising them. Chill out, just because some people don't like it doesn't mean
everyone
fraction
of actual players, and I've heard nothing but good things from my friends in-game. Though this is speaking from a purely WvW-Perspective.

I never said everyone hated it. I just said that people have been complaining about it. I would say "most" rather than "everyone". A good 90% probably. If it works for you, great, but it gutted my build and the way I have been playing since PoF launched. It may force me back to DD, or at least off rifle. How many of your friends run rifle in WvW at this point?

@Astyrah.4015 said:

everyone
fraction

a lot of people who play DE in PvP, WvW don't really play it in high end PvE because of DE being a sorry excuse as a PvE DPS
some
even get kicked out of t3 and up parties just for being DE and not staff DD - but there are some of us who main DE, main rifle for PvE and try to make it work despite all the low expectations from us by other classes/specs.

you should try and promote your stealth gameplay DE rifle in pug t4 fractals, see if people would love you for it. --- not only do you give redundant boons that druids already give, you also don't have the personal DPS potential to match your fellow people who slot in for the DPS role and now with this rework it's more taxing to even try to match the peak DPS the older DE rifle builds were able to achieve.

for WvW, sure it may be better but those changes don't belong in PvE. and we can say that majority of the players in GW2 play PvE while about less of that play PvP and WvW

look how many players are sitting on a low rank or bothered to touch the pvp gameplay at all staying at rank 1 for either PvP/WvW

You're complaining about something people haven't adjusted to yet to find optimal techniques and strategies for in fractals...

You also make it sound like you always need to be stealthed... When really you only need to be in it for a split second. Are you sure you're confident enough about your complaints when a week hasn't even past?

@RicochetXD.4128 said:people have been complaining about the new DE mechanics since they launched. They don't work. They're broken. There's pages and pages of reasons on it.

And we haven't heard a peep from you.People have been complaining about how underperforming P/P is for years and did they ever respond to any of the complaints? Or even explain any of the more questionable changes like the removal of the ricochet trait? Exactly, don't be suprised if it's the same thing here.

Im more in the middle about it to be honest in a pve side I like the changes especially on rifle Ive never been able to use deaths judgment so often in long gaged fights without feeling locked out due to resource cost.

In the pvp side I can understand why people wouldn't like it its very complexed and requires alot of work for the big bang set up which Daredevil does easier and with less risk due to having more base evades.

Pve i love it. It works. its more interactive than it was before especially with rifle.Pvp Its not my cup of tea. But the again theif in pvp in general has not been my cup of tea since the core days before the x packs.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:You're complaining about something people haven't adjusted to yet to find optimal techniques and strategies for in fractals...

You also make it sound like you always need to be stealthed... When really you only need to be in it for a split second. Are you sure you're confident enough about your complaints when a week hasn't even past?

while it's true that people haven't adjusted to it yet, it is doubtful it would exceed the old DE rifle's PvE potential unless they fixed silent scope to be reliable. take note that the numbers people are pulling now with all the testing being done now of the newly reworked DE are very underwhelming vs the old DE rifle.

re: the stealth, i was mainly pertaining to the person i replied to as they seemed to be very fond of being a stealth-centric DE

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:You're complaining about something people haven't adjusted to yet to find optimal techniques and strategies for in fractals...

while it's true that people haven't adjusted to it yet, it is doubtful it would exceed the old DE rifle's PvE potential unless they
fixed
silent scope to be reliable. take note that the numbers people are pulling now with all the testing being done now of the newly reworked DE are very underwhelming vs the old DE rifle.

re: the stealth, i was mainly pertaining to the person i replied to as they seemed to be very fond of being a stealth-centric DE

I've already talked about this, but I'm perfectly fine with the trade offs Deadeye made in this patch. It actually feels like what they had in mind with elite specs. This is coming from someone who firmly believes Anet doesn't want thieves anymore.

As for DPS, the D/D DE is proving to be higher than DD staff.

But I also don't expect DE to be king of DPS. Anet said it a hundred times, he's supposed to deal big ass damage and kill things before they get a chance to do anything

@ZDragon.3046 said:Pve i love it. It works. its more interactive than it was before especially with rifle.Pvp Its not my cup of tea. But the again theif in pvp in general has not been my cup of tea since the core days before the x packs.

How can you love a change that nerfs your already competitively low PVE DPS?Why do I keep seeing one or two PVE players praising this when Rifle DPS is now at 26K and D/D is reaching 31K DPS on a spec that's designed around the Rifle?>

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

You're complaining about something people haven't adjusted to yet to find optimal techniques and strategies for in fractals...You also make it sound like you always need to be stealthed... When really you only need to be in it for a split second. Are you sure you're confident enough about your complaints when a week hasn't even past?

1) It's already been tested on golem, D/D outdoes Rifle by nearly 6K DPS2) The fact that DJ is now walled behind Stealth IS part of the reason Rifle is losing so much DPS

while it's true that people haven't adjusted to it yet, it is doubtful it would exceed the old DE rifle's PvE potential unless they
fixed
silent scope to be reliable. take note that the numbers people are pulling now with all the testing being done now of the newly reworked DE are very underwhelming vs the old DE rifle.

I've already talked about this, but I'm perfectly fine with the trade offs Deadeye made in this patch. It actually feels like what they had in mind with elite specs. This is coming from someone who firmly believes Anet doesn't want thieves anymore.

As for DPS, the D/D DE is proving to be higher than DD staff.

But I also don't expect DE to be king of DPS. Anet said it a hundred times, he's supposed to deal big kitten damage and kill things before they get a chance to do anything

yeah the malice-backstab was a big buff to D/D DE so might as well go that route if you wanna do high end PvE.

well, with regards to dps potential of DE, my mmorpg experience dictates that if you don't provide good/wanted team_support/healing/tanking abilities, in PvE, then there's only one other thing and only one basic thing you can do and must do well, to do damage - something PvE DE (rifle in particular) lacks atm despite the rework

@Astyrah.4015 said:well, with regards to dps potential of DE, my mmorpg experience dictates that if you don't provide good/wanted team_support/healing/tanking abilities, in PvE, then there's only one other thing and only one basic thing you can do and must do well, to do damage - something PvE DE (rifle in particular) lacks atm despite the rework

Rifle wasn't intended for DPS however, as the main bread and butter was range and insane burst. Not to mention most of the PoF specs had a strong PvP and WvW focus.

Probably the best ranged DPS on DE is gonna come from P/P thanks to unload reloading some init, and the sneak attack having the same 10% per mark effect. Combined with trickery. Should provide some ample damage if you can maintain your init.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

everyone
fraction

a lot of people who play DE in PvP, WvW don't really play it in high end PvE because of DE being a sorry excuse as a PvE DPS
some
even get kicked out of t3 and up parties just for being DE and not staff DD - but there are some of us who main DE, main rifle for PvE and try to make it work despite all the low expectations from us by other classes/specs.

Don't be that guy...don't use statistics for your argument only. How many of those PvE players even step food into raids? I'll bet you not even 5% of players. And that's really only where DPS seems to matters to people. Because I can certainly tell you that DPS does not matter in fractals, I've never been kicked from a fractal group, of any tier, due to lack of DPS, and boy will I be the first to tell you that mine is terrible - though I've never felt that i haven't been "pulling my weight."

(What percentage of players do you think even set up a gw2efficiency.com account?)

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Rifle wasn't intended for DPS however, as the main bread and butter was range and insane burst. Not to mention most of the PoF specs had a strong PvP and WvW focus.

Probably the best ranged DPS on DE is gonna come from P/P thanks to unload reloading some init, and the sneak attack having the same 10% per mark effect. Combined with trickery. Should provide some ample damage if you can maintain your init.

Please research your stuff before talking, mate.

PP ranged DPS is around 22-23K DPS ATM; Rifle is at 26.5KBefore change, PP was at around 25K DPS and Rifle at 32.5K DPS.The devs did their rebalancing of DE specifically to improve their DPS back in Feb. This recent change nearly fully invalidated the previous update. Which is why people are so upset/fed up with this type of direction the devs have taken.

@Tashigi.3159 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Rifle wasn't intended for DPS however, as the main bread and butter was range and insane burst. Not to mention most of the PoF specs had a strong PvP and WvW focus.

Please research your stuff before talking, mate.

PP ranged DPS is around 22-23K DPS ATM; Rifle is at 26.5KBefore change, PP was at around 25K DPS and Rifle at 32.5K DPS.The devs did their rebalancing of DE specifically to improve their DPS back in Feb. This recent change nearly fully invalidated the previous update. Which is why people are so upset/fed up with this type of direction the devs have taken.

Please notice word choices mate. I said probably, as in I don't know cuz I haven't checked

@Astyrah.4015 said:well, with regards to dps potential of DE, my mmorpg experience dictates that if you don't provide good/wanted team_support/healing/tanking abilities, in PvE, then there's only one other thing and only one basic thing you can do and must do well, to do damage - something PvE DE (rifle in particular) lacks atm despite the rework

Rifle wasn't intended for DPS however, as the main bread and butter was range and insane burst. Not to mention most of the PoF specs had a strong PvP and WvW focus.

hmm then what is it for then if not primarily for DPS? i really don't know but when i saw the promotional video for deadeye rifle was used. when i look at the picture of DE in the specs selections i see him holding a rifle. and it was implied that DE rifle was intended to give melee levels of DPS (which it did achieve before the rework) while sacrificing mobility (being knelt)... oh and P/P is fun to play, but can't keep up with rifle in the long run outside of opener burst

@Astyrah.4015 said:

hmm then what is it for then if not primarily for DPS? i really don't know but when i saw the promotional video for deadeye rifle was used. when i look at the picture of DE in the specs selections i see him holding a rifle. and it was implied that DE rifle was intended to give melee levels of DPS (which it did achieve before the rework) while sacrificing mobility (being knelt)... oh and P/P is fun to play, but can't keep up with rifle in the long run outside of opener burst

Shrug I unno to be honest. When it first released it was all burst. DPS was only between 20-25k or something like that. But it hit for 18k at Max from a single DJ. The various complaints brought it up to Melee DPS which is nice, but I wasn't a raid heavy player then (3 LI, the community and design rubbed me the wrong way). So I didn't really care. I mostly PvP and open world. Currently it's workable in Raids, from what I could tell with my static. But we're not meta compliant. I'm talking no Chrono or druids, everyone has healing power and AOE heal skills

@"Turk.5460" said:Don't be that guy...don't use statistics for your argument only. How many of those PvE players even step food into raids? I'll bet you not even 5% of players. And that's really only where DPS seems to matters to people. Because I can certainly tell you that DPS does not matter in fractals, I've never been kicked from a fractal group, of any tier, due to lack of DPS, and boy will I be the first to tell you that mine is terrible - though I've never felt that i haven't been "pulling my weight."

(What percentage of players do you think even set up a gw2efficiency.com account?)

the raids and high end fractals are meant for a minority that's a given, but you are joking when you say DPS does not matter in fractals right? probably in T1 or T2 yeah... but if you go into any group content (any regardless of difficulty) thinking DPS (the only thing deadeye can supposedly properly contribute) is not important and does not matter then the only thing you're doing is being a burden to everyone in the team by not trying to be the best you can be - you should atleast strive for self improvement rather than being content at mediocrity (at least that's what im getting from you).

oh and about gw2efficiency, if you even bothered looking at the site:

PrivacyAll the data collected is only publicly available anonymized and without connection to any individual accounts.If you still don't want your account data to be included in the wealth distribution, please click here.If you blacklisted yourself and you changed your mind, please click here.

so everything is collected via the public API from Anet

here's a sample page: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics about all the players in the game

EDIT

about 20% of people have gotten some tokens in the first 2 raids but that does not include those who just stepped in and werent able to accomplish anything.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.magnetiteShardshttps://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.legendaryInsights

so there is some interest in it atleast

...and about 1% for the newest/3rd raid

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.gaetingCrystals

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"Turk.5460" said:Don't be that guy...don't use statistics for
your
argument only. How many of those PvE players even step food into raids? I'll bet you not even 5% of players. And that's really only where DPS seems to matters to people. Because I can certainly tell you that DPS does not matter in fractals, I've never been kicked from a fractal group, of any tier, due to lack of DPS, and boy will I be the first to tell you that mine is terrible - though I've never felt that i haven't been "pulling my weight."

the raids and high end fractals are meant for a minority that's a given, but you are joking when you say DPS does not matter in fractals right? probably in T1 or T2 yeah... but if you go into any group content (any regardless of difficulty) thinking DPS (the only thing deadeye can supposedly properly contribute) is not important and does not matter then the only thing you're doing is being a burden to everyone in the team by not trying to be the best you can be - you should atleast strive for self improvement rather than being content at mediocrity (at least that's what im getting from you).

Privacy
All the data collected is only publicly available anonymized and without connection to any individual accounts.If you still don't want your account data to be included in the wealth distribution, please click here.If you blacklisted yourself and you changed your mind, please click here.

here's a sample page:
about all the players in the game

EDIT

about 20% of people have gotten some tokens in the first 2 raids but that does not include those who just stepped in and werent able to accomplish anything.

It depends on the patience of the group. Unlike Raids, DPS isn't as important, unless you have people who are in a hurry or tilt quickly. Because you don't have a time limit, the biggest factor will be player fatigue. A player is more likely to do worse in T4 Mai Trin as the fight drags on.

T4, in my opinion anyways, is more skill oriented than what raids currently are. At least more mentally taxing anyways...

your
argument only. How many of those PvE players even step food into raids? I'll bet you not even 5% of players. And that's really only where DPS seems to matters to people. Because I can certainly tell you that DPS does not matter in fractals, I've never been kicked from a fractal group, of any tier, due to lack of DPS, and boy will I be the first to tell you that mine is terrible - though I've never felt that i haven't been "pulling my weight."

Privacy
All the data collected is only publicly available anonymized and without connection to any individual accounts.If you still don't want your account data to be included in the wealth distribution, please click here.If you blacklisted yourself and you changed your mind, please click here.

here's a sample page:

EDIT

It depends on the patience of the group. Unlike Raids, DPS isn't as important, unless you have people who are in a hurry or tilt quickly. Because you don't have a time limit, the biggest factor will be player fatigue. A player is more likely to do worse in T4 Mai Trin as the fight drags on.

T4, in my opinion anyways, is more skill oriented than what raids currently are. At least more mentally taxing anyways...

tbh we can just agree to disagree just to end the argument, i mean if you guys may be content at doing just that when playing optimally is not a requirement, then there are some people who wanna play at their 101%.. it's just that to me it's like going to work and half-assing whatever work you're given til you finish it or someone takes over - not really fair for your co-workers who are exerting more effort. but yeah, difference of play style enough said.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

your

Privacy

here's a sample page:

EDIT

tbh we can just agree to disagree just to end the argument, i mean if you guys may be content at doing
just that
when playing optimally is not a requirement, then there are some people who wanna play at their 101%.. it's just that to me it's like going to work and half-assing whatever work you're given til you finish it or someone takes over - not really fair for your co-workers who are exerting more effort. but yeah, difference of play style enough said.

Playing inoptimally and being successful is playing at 101% =3

If you kill a raid boss while making it unnecessarily difficult for yourself, wouldn't you be better than most of the player base?

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:If you kill a raid boss while making it unnecessarily difficult for yourself, wouldn't you be better than most of the player base?

No, you wouldn't.You are just gimping your group by doing that. There is plenty of Druids/Chronos/Support Tempest, Scourge, Firebrands, etc out there. Give them a place in your group and stop dying unnecessarily while having abysmally low boon uptime and low DPS.If you're doing it for shits and giggles, sure. But times have changed, we're not running COF/COE with a full group of zerk Ele/Warriors anymore. Well, maybe some people are, but not most.

@Tashigi.3159 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:If you kill a raid boss while making it unnecessarily difficult for yourself, wouldn't you be better than most of the player base?

No, you wouldn't.You are just gimping your group by doing that. There is plenty of Druids/Chronos/Support Tempest, Scourge, Firebrands, etc out there. Give them a place in your group and stop dying unnecessarily while having abysmally low boon uptime and low DPS.If you're doing it for kitten and giggles, sure. But times have changed, we're not running COF/COE with a full group of zerk Ele/Warriors anymore. Well, maybe some people are, but not most.

Sure there's a lot of those. But my static doesn't want to bother with meta. Raids were supposed to be challenging, and we're advertised as putting your skills to the test. So that's just what we did. You'll be surprised to hear that low boon uptime doesn't mean you're dying a lot. If you're dying a lot it just means you need to figure out what's going wrong and fix it. Our biggest problem was damage aura, which is why we all carry some healing power and some group healing.

Not going to lie though. I don't recommend it if you don't have any organization... We built an overlay from haxe cocktail, html, JavaScript, Lua, and windows API. All it does is it tracks who used what skill based on keybindings, and I forms the next player who's turn it is to drop a party heal skill.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Sure there's a lot of those. But my static doesn't want to bother with meta. Raids were supposed to be challenging, and we're advertised as putting your skills to the test. So that's just what we did. You'll be surprised to hear that low boon uptime doesn't mean you're dying a lot. If you're dying a lot it just means you need to figure out what's going wrong and fix it. Our biggest problem was damage aura, which is why we all carry some healing power and some group healing.

Boon uptime is tied to your damage IE maximun stacks of Might (25) and Fury/Quickness/Ala, etc.This isn't meta build talk, either. This is mostly common sense. If it was meta talk, as Thieves, we wouldn't get a say, because the Thief class is not and has not been meta for a long time in raids or CM (These changes to DE only fortify that belief now). Only condi DD is kinda meta for specific fights and I can see power DE with D/D sort of replacing the old Rifle DE; but why bother with that when you can get a Holosmith or just about any other class? At least that would be the meta mentality anyway.

I get the whole know the fight thing.But a group that knows mechanics AND has boon uptime/heals will always outdo one that lacks either or by a lot. That's my point.

@Tashigi.3159 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:Sure there's a lot of those. But my static doesn't want to bother with meta. Raids were supposed to be challenging, and we're advertised as putting your skills to the test. So that's just what we did. You'll be surprised to hear that low boon uptime doesn't mean you're dying a lot. If you're dying a lot it just means you need to figure out what's going wrong and fix it. Our biggest problem was damage aura, which is why we all carry some healing power and some group healing.

Boon uptime is tied to your damage IE maximun stacks of Might (25) and Fury/Quickness/Ala, etc.This isn't meta build talk, either. This is mostly common sense. If it was meta talk, as Thieves, we wouldn't get a say, because the Thief class is not and has not been meta for a long time in raids or CM (These changes to DE only fortify that belief now). Only condi DD is kinda meta for specific fights and I can see power DE with D/D sort of replacing the old Rifle DE; but why bother with that when you can get a Holosmith or just about any other class? At least that would be the meta mentality anyway.

I get the whole know the fight thing.But a group that knows mechanics AND has boon uptime/heals will always outdo one that lacks either or by a lot. That's my point.

Eh, this is where I say the old addage, people do as they please. I don't like GW2s meta. I don't like how it sucks away the challenge when you get the boss down. I don't like how most players feel the need to stuff it down your throat, and I don't like how you're not always able to play the class you want. That's why my coworkers and I spent a week building a buggy as hell overlay rather than go with the meta and get a fire brand, Chrono, or what ever.

Would life be easier if we did take a fire brand? Sure. Do we want to? Not really.

Archived