Fixing Renegade; Short bow --- Damage increase +30-300%

Renegade short bow is still non-viable, as well as the entire Renegade trait line and Kalla legend. Short bow does way too low damage even after the +333% damage buff, and skill #2 and #3 are still way too impractical to reliably count on their damage.

As it is right now skills #1-5 can use anywhere from +30% to +300% damage increase, if the lack of reliability is to remain the same. Renegade also suffers from being forced into using the most defensive amulets for sustain that is still well below near every spec in game, even non meta builds. Even in if the damage output was increased to ridiculous levels given an offensive amulet like vipers, the spec has no built in sustain that would even allow such a play style to succeed.

It's so many things preventing this build from being viable. If the spec is going to remain having such low sustain and lack of ways to mitigate damage, the outgoing damage is going to need to be dramatically higher than what it is right now.

Shortbow should probably just be buffed in general but I actually think Renegade is kind of a spec that by design shouldn't be great in PvP. There's already so much visual noise between scourges and mesmers can you imagine how ugly the game would look if Renegades were viable teamfighters alongside scourge and every team fight had five of the warband clogging up a node?

I think buffing rev should focus on making Herald a more viable damage build and especially making Ventari a more viable support build because while I think the game's balance is mostly good, Firebrand being the only viable support is a huge shortcoming of the balance.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Shortbow should probably just be buffed in general but I actually think Renegade is kind of a spec that by design shouldn't be great in PvP. There's already so much visual noise between scourges and mesmers can you imagine how ugly the game would look if Renegades were viable teamfighters alongside scourge and every team fight had five of the warband clogging up a node?

I think buffing rev should focus on making Herald a more viable damage build and especially making Ventari a more viable support build because while I think the game's balance is mostly good, Firebrand being the only viable support is a huge shortcoming of the balance.

What? Dude.... Of course not lolIf that's the case I assume you would be ok if we took off chronomancer and made it as trash as renegade right - because the visual clutter is 100% worse in this case - and left only one spec and build working, power mirage. How does that sound? People should have the freedom to play with whatever they want, It's not our fault that anet decided to go all flashy with effects and caused this whole mess that are visual effects atm.

Rev mains have been playing Herald non stop in spvp since release of the class, which means 3 years now playing the same build and getting nerfed in some way every patch and at the same time making the few other builds of the Herald elite spec unviable for pvp.

So, no... With all due respect, that's bs. Anet is the one to blame for your "visual noise", that doesn't mean a spec should be kept out of the scene because they can't fix their own game.

Peace

@Halikus.1406 said:

@"mortrialus.3062" said:Shortbow should probably just be buffed in general but I actually think Renegade is kind of a spec that by design shouldn't be great in PvP. There's already so much visual noise between scourges and mesmers can you imagine how ugly the game would look if Renegades were viable teamfighters alongside scourge and every team fight had five of the warband clogging up a node?

What? Dude.... Of course not lolIf that's the case I assume you would be ok if we took off chronomancer and made it as trash as renegade right - because the visual clutter is 100% worse in this case - and left only one spec and build working, power mirage. How does that sound? People should have the freedom to play with whatever they want, It's not our fault that anet decided to go all flashy with effects and caused this whole mess that are visual effects atm.

Rev mains have been playing Herald non stop in spvp since release of the class, which means 3 years now playing the same build and getting nerfed in some way every patch and at the same time making the few other builds of the Herald elite spec unviable for pvp.

So, no... With all due respect, that's bs. Anet is the one to blame for your "visual noise", that doesn't mean a spec should be kept out of the scene because they can't fix their own game.

Peace

Chronomancer was out of the meta for a long time after Path of Fire released. I was okay with that.

I'm more concerned with having a vibrant meta with a place for every class than thinking every single build possible needs to be viable.

1) A few months after PoF release mesmer got reworked, so chronomancer was out of meta for only a few months which is no way a long time compared to how long it was meta.

2) I never said every single build should be viable, but having only 1 build working is not the way to go either. 3 years playing the same build is stupid too...

3) Like I said your "vibrant meta" has nothing to do with specs viability, that shouldn't be a case to put any spec aside.

@"Halikus.1406" said:1) A few months after PoF release mesmer got reworked, so chronomancer was out of meta for only a few months which is no way a long time compared to how long it was meta.

2) I never said every single build should be viable, but having only 1 build working is not the way to go either. 3 years playing the same build is stupid too...

3) Like I said your "vibrant meta" has nothing to do with specs viability, that shouldn't be a case to put any spec aside.

Nah. Stuff like Minion mancer necro, turret engineer, and spirit ranger got the axe in the name of having a better more readable meta and deservedly so and the game better off without those. Renegade is more Spirit AI stuff the game doesn't need.

I also never said Revenant should only have one viable spec. Power Herald and Ventari support should be they areas of focus for Revenant PvP, _especially _Ventari support.

But the idea of buffing Renegade to being scourge levels? Nah. I'm good. You'd have to completely redesign every aspect of Khalla legend for me to be okay with that.

@mortrialus.3062

That's exactly the issue my friend. We rev mains don't like that stupid spirit AI too. We've been complaining since release about that shit, something like that is bound to fail obviously because nobody is stupid enough to stand in that big shining area that almost screams Get away from me!

We don't want renegade to reach scourge level, we want a proper work with a design that makes sense, not a bunch of charrs dancing in the screen lol

I personally just want to see some build diversity for my class because I'm sick of the old power shiro build, which although is a good build has been the only one competitive since the beginning.

@Halikus.1406 said:@mortrialus.3062

That's exactly the issue my friend. We rev mains don't like that stupid spirit AI too. We've been complaining since release about that kitten, something like that is bound to fail obviously because nobody is stupid enough to stand in that big shining area that almost screams Get away from me!

We don't want renegade to reach scourge level, we want a proper work with a design that makes sense, not a bunch of charrs dancing in the screen lol

I personally just want to see some build diversity for my class because I'm sick of the old power shiro build, which although is a good build has been the only one competitive since the beginning.

I think the specialization has some strong ideas behind it, I think summoning the warband is cool I just think the whole thing is more of a PvE thing.

The one exception is I'd be okay with them buffing the shit out of shortbow and Mallyx and having a meta renegade build that doesn't run Khalla.

I agree,bow could need a bit rework,as you pointed out.Reliability of shortbow is the biggest reason why its such a bad weapon.Heck even in PvE its barely useable :(.Same as f3,and some utilities in that legend which are underwhelming,even including the elite which drains energy like crazy and gives laughable heal/dps in return.Every single shortbow skill is underwhelming,and hard to use,even in PvE!!Every single utlity is aswell underwhelming and hard to benefit off,even in PvE!!Only positive is the heal,which scales nice with healing power,is aoe/supportish kind and on quite low CD,for what it does and considering revenant got also other heal on legend swap.

Attach some utility onto shotbow skills "root?",rework 3rd skill,remove ICD on utilities and remove energy drain on elite,please?Ow i forgot,aoe skills also useable in 360 degree,so you can drop em behind you would also help.

Archived