Windows 10 May 18 update won't let game run

I just installed the latest Windows 10 "feature update" (insert roll eyes here) last night and now GW2 won't load. I can get into the login screen and launch the game. Then the screen blinks 2-3 times, I get the window where character selection is made but no characters pop up, and then it just cancels out. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it? I ran GW2 in repair mode, no change.

I uninstalled and reinstalled - I get the same issue. I know it's not a GW2 thing - it worked just fine before the Windows update, but of course Microsoft is nearly impossible to contact so I was hoping there might be way around this on the game side.

You need too run game administrator > @"OneLouder.2807" said:

I just installed the latest Windows 10 "feature update" (insert roll eyes here) last night and now GW2 won't load. I can get into the login screen and launch the game. Then the screen blinks 2-3 times, I get the window where character selection is made but no characters pop up, and then it just cancels out. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it? I ran GW2 in repair mode, no change.

Archived